“Best Airpot Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cork Airport Hotel

You added Cork Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Cork Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cork Airport, Kinsale Road, Cork, Ireland (Formerly Park Inn by Radisson)   |
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best Airpot Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had to leave a cruise ship due to severe weather, we took a taxi ride to Cork Airport and we were trying to book a flight back to Liverpool without any success. We decided we would stay overnight at a nearby hotel to calm down after a horrendous 24 hours, I rang the Park Inn by Radisson and booked within 2 minutes Terry was there to pick us up. The girls on reception & Terry (who also managed to book our flights as well) could not have done more for us we were given a lovely room on the ground floor, and a lovely tray with fruit, toiletries and biscuits as we told them our sorrowful tale. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling via Cork Airport. The meals in the restaurant were also of excellent quality & value

Room Tip: I walked around the hotel and I think all rooms are of the same excellent quality
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Lillian T,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us at Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport. I was delighted to read that your journey was made a little easier with the help of Terry and the receptionists. Delighted to hear that you also enjoyed your meal with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel whenever your travels might take you back to the Cork area. Kind regards, Louise O'Hara, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
kerry

Lovely Room
Lovely breakfast
BED AS HARD AS ROCK

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear jerry g,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I was delighted that you liked the welcome, dinner, staff, room and breakfast and I am sorry that you found our beds to be hard. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Kind regards, Louise O'Hara General Manager.
Cork Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Although we live quite close to the airport we decided to stay overnight at Radisson Blu Cork Airport Hotel to catch a very early flight. I cannot comment on the meals apart from the Grab and Run Breakfast consisting of good coffee/tea & cereal bars and fruit which was very welcome. The rooms are lovely very clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. There is s shuttle bus on demand which is free but you could also walk to the terminal which would not take long via a ramped walkway. If you leave a car there for the duration of your holiday is is just £4 a night extra on top of your Hotel room. You can book this hotel from one of the many booking sites and get very good rates.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Sevastoula,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Cork Airport. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our 'Grab & Run Breakfast' and found our bedrooms to be clean and comfortable. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Kind regards, Louise O'Hara, General Manager
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Extremely close to airport, very friendly and helpful staff, a good bar/restaurant. Not the best atmosphere, but hey, it's an airport hotel!

• Stayed May 2012
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear 007Cath,

Many thanks for your recent review of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found our hotel convenient for the airport and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I've stayed in a few Radisson hotels and have come to expect a very high standard from them.
Whilst this hotel isn't as nice as the Radisson in Little Island, it is very close to the airport (a 2 minute walk).

The room was excellent and I got a great night's sleep. There was no noise from the airport and the bed was very comfortable.

There is a good size bar/restaurant and the service is excellent.

I'd have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Pthnpson,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Cork Airport.

I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be convenient for the airport and that you found the service in the bar and restaurant to be excellent.

I was also glad that you had a good nights rest and enjoyed the comfort of our beds.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night after a later afternoon flight and were quite impressed with most aspects of this hotel.

I had great email correspondence in making my reservation, so like others have mentioned, was a bit put off by the lack of warmth of the woman who checked us in. She definitely seemed like she was not pleased we were there, although I wouldn't call her rude.

We had a family room which consisted of a large bed for my DH and I plus two twins for our boys. The beds were nice and comfortable and the decor pleasant. We did not notice noise from the airport or others in the hotel, even though we were on the ground floor.

We only had three sets of towels and needed four, so called to request the fourth. Once again, the desk staff was a bit unfriendly, telling us that extra towels were in the cupboard. Yes, but that was the third set. There were four of us in the room. Took a while and a second call, but towels were delivered.

I was sick and we were all tired, so ordered room service, which was excellent! The food was delicious (large crock of wonderful soup, burger, pizza, salad, desserts), very reasonable, and unlike the huge room service charges here in the States, only 3euros delivery fee. The food arrived promptly and the woman who delivered it was very friendly and explained what to do with the dishes, etc.

We unexpectedly needed to leave early the next morning; my DH asked about the Grab and Go breakfast option as breakfast was included in our room price. It sounded perfect to be able to just grab something on the way out. Unfortunately, either we didn't understand or were not told, but when we checked out at 6:15 a.m., the Grab and Go was all cleaned up already. In hindsight, we should have gone into the buffett and grabbed something, but didn't think to do that. When the person checking us out asked if we were going in to breakfast, I explained that we needed to leave unexpectedly and wouldn't get to have the breakfast even though it was part of our reservation. While not faulting him, I do wish he had thought to tell us to run in to the buffett, too.

I would definitely stay here again - it was a great location and perfect for a one night stay on the way to or leaving Cork.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Amama,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that your correspondence with the hotel prior to arrival was good but disappointed that a warm welcome was not given on your arrival. I would be delighted to discuss this with you further as we would like to address the matter. My contact details are louise.ohara@radissonblu.com or +353 21 4947500.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your room service meal and the service of same.

Apologies for the miscommunication with regards to the grab and run and you should have been advised to take some items with you from the buffet.

I will be addressing your comments with the team later today.

I was delighted that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and we will strive to exceed your expectations on your next visit. I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future.

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

My room:

Window wouldn't open. Screwed shut, therefore no fresh air.
No outlets anywhere within 8 feet of bed
No iron or board
Window faces where cars drop people so shade must be drawn for privacy
Lighting very dark. Not wnought to do anything at desk.
Front desk staff not interested in helping at all. Unfriendly and bothered by requests from me nada colleague.

Worst hotel I've stayed in in 20 years.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Lovethevineyard,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I sincerely wish to apologise for the fact that you found our front desk staff to be unhelpful and should you wish to discuss this further I would be delighted to speak with you. This is certainly not the normal standard of service on offer here at the hotel and I will be addressing your comments with the team.

I will also address the other points which you mentioned.

The windows are fitted with window restrictors for safety reasons; the windows can be opened but only to a fixed distance. Again I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

As I mentioned above, I would be delighted to speak with you on your recent experience. Please fell free to contact me on louise.ohara@radissonblu.com or 021 4947500.

Louise O'Hara

Been to Cork Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!