“Roaring big fires, good food and luxurious beds!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Limerick, Ireland
“Roaring big fires, good food and luxurious beds!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed at Hayfield Manor last weekend with my husband for our anniversary. Directions on hotel website were spot on and we found it with ease. Receptionists were polite and friendly and we booked in without any hassle. Our room was big, well designed and had all little extras one expects in a nice hotel. We loved the large roaring fire and downstairs and the two seats were occupied all weekend...often by us!! Bar and restaurant staff were very welcoming and friendly. We also noticed a lot of locals using the restaurant over the weekend, always a good sign. Overall we had a very relaxing weekend and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Dear Guest PinkyDinkyIreland,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review.

It was a pleasure to read what an enjoyable recent stay you had with us. Thank you for your very positive feedback about our hotel, and our staff, who truly are the backbone of Hayfield Manor. I am delighted that you enjoyed the comforts of the hotel and got to enjoy the most sought after seats in the house by the fire. We strive on a daily basis to ensure the utmost comfort and relaxation of all our guests, and I do hope that you had a memorable stay with us.
Thank you again for your great comments.

It would be my personal pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Whereas the decor may not quite be to everyones taste (the lobby is a little chintzy) on every other level this hotel delivers. The service is good, food is excellent and the place is spotlessly clean and maintained to a very high standard. It is suitable therefore for those who really expect all the little details to be looked after. The celtic tiger habit of charging through the nose for every small service no matter how minor is absent here and this is very welcome. Hayfield Manor is well worth a visit and guest should find little if anything to fault.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Dear Guest JohnfromClontarf,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read your review and learn what an enjoyable recent stay you had with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel, cuisine, and our staff, I will be sure to extend your kind comments on to them all. You can rest assured that I have also taken your additional comments on board. I always like to hear from our guests as it allows us to continue to strive and exceed all of our guest’s expectations.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Waterford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

From the moment we arrrived we felt welcome and very relaxed. The feeling of staying in a very good friends beautiful home, in which every need is thought of and taken care of. We were a party of three friends on a relaxing weekend. We all sampled the spa with wonderful treatments and very good staff. We ate at both restaurants where we found wonderful food, wine and service. I would recommend this oasis to all and cannot wait to return.
GK

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Dear Guest gkilgall,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to write your fantastic review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

It was a delight to read through your whole review. I was particularly pleased at how comfortable and relaxed you were throughout your stay. We strive on a daily basis to make Hayfield Manor, a home away from home, and I am thrilled that you felt this. Thank you also for your very kind comments about our cuisine and our staff, which I will be sure to pass on to them all.

Sligo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

We had outstanding service during our stay. The staff were really friendly. We stayed for three nights and and loved the the whole experience.
The room was spacious and comfortable with a large bathroom.
The hotel is located at the end of a culdesac in quiet surroundings, a perfect location for exploring Cork city and surrrounds.
We loved the overall ambiance of the place plus the great food for breakfast and dinner.
We will return and stay again.

Dear Guest Culbann,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read through your review and learn what a pleasant stay you had with us. Thank you for your wonderful positive feedback about our hotel, cuisine and our staff, which I will be sure to pass on to them. We will always welcome guest feedback, whether it is positive or negative, as it allows us to continue to grow and strive to meet all our guests’ expectations.
Thank you again for your great comments.

I would be delighted to welcome you back through our doors at Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

We went for lunch to Hayfield manor and as i have had past experiences in 4 & 5 star hotels as had the company with me we were greatly disappointed . We did not stay but attended lunch there, in fairness the food wasn’t terrible but wasn’t fantastic either, i wouldn’t put it under a must try or even recommend it. The staff were extremely complacent and rude to a party of 10 of us all trained within the hospitality industry and never had we experienced such blatant rudeness , it even went as far as a bar man reprimanding us for not booking a table , even tho they were quite anyway and the place was empty the whole 2 hours we spent there, we ate in the restaurant and were given a bar person ( who was very sweet) to serve us , even tho they had waiting staff standing around in the restaurant and the poor girl had no knowledge of the restaurant menu or specials . My experience of this hotel was the staff were pretentious and rude Including 2 managers a senior member of staff , the only staff member we could see was trying her best was of no authority in the hotel and she had far better customer relation skills than her 3 senior members of staff . The shelves were we sat next to were thick with dust ... the door man lazy and rude, The manager either bar or restraint had no manors what so ever and was described by one of the people who was with me as aggressive . What this Hotel has going for it is its interior design and charm.. The bathrooms were beautifully kept and the location ideal besides that i hate to say it about any Hotel but it was a Shabby experience !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Dear Guest airey-fairey,

I would like to thank you choosing to dine with us at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time to write your review.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly to discus the matter, as I do not fully understand your review.

Warm Regards

Limerick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Food excellent. Spa treatments excellent. Lacks the little something extra that you expect from a 5* hotel - no towels at the pool, bar service far too slow, limited "extras" at the pool, a little impersonal, seating limited (i.e. somewhere nice to sit and have a quiet drink/read was hard to find and hotel was not very busy). No porter/ car parking offered.

Dear Guest LimerickLass2,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

We are continually striving to bring a unique and relaxing 5 star experience to all of our guests. And it is only through feedback from our customers that we can achieve our goal. We will continue to upgrade all areas of service and on your recent visit it seems that we fell down on issues that could and should have been avoided. I truly apologise for this situation arising.
I can assure you steps are being made to prevent a similar occurrence.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in both Ireland and abroad for both business and pleasure, and can honestly say that the service I experienced in this hotel was top class. We ate in the restaurant for lunch, it was perfect. Beds are so comfortable, spa is so relaxing. Perfect for a winter break

• Stayed January 2011
Dear Guest Lionnsigh,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel, staff and service. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the whole team. It is a great boost of morale for everyone. We strive on a daily basis to exceed all of our guest’s expectations, and I truly hope that we exceeded yours.

I would be delighted to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the near future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Been to Hayfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!