“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Naples, Florida
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed two nights as part of a pilgrimage trip to Dublin and Cork. Room was great and service/hospitality was impeccable .Have not stayed at a property with more friendly and welcoming staff. Food in the dining room and at the buffet breakfast was top notch.

• Stayed April 2014
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest Richard C,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel.

It was an absolutey heartwarming to know that our team at Hayfield Manor are the most friendly and welcoming that you have ever come across. Thank you for your compliments on our accommodation and breakfast also. I will ensure that all the staff hear your very kind words. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Had a lovely mini break recently in Hayfield Manor. The hotel is smashing. Gorgeous spacious room. The staff everywhere were welcoming, smiling and helpful. As part of the deal, dinner in Orchids was included. Front of house matched the high standards elsewhere in the hotel.

The menu price was €69 for a set 4 course menu. A 2012 five course tasting menu in the Greenhouse in Dublin was €55 in 2012. A 2013 meal in Mt Juliet’s recent Michelin Star Lady Helen’s set 3 course (but you get about 5) was €65. Both were amazing. So my expectations were high! Unfortunately here the food didn’t quite reach the culinary heights of either of those meals. I wasn’t expecting huge innovation or cutting edge creativity from the kitchen but something a bit better than just reasonably good hotel food. Just felt it let the side down a bit in terms of the overall hotel experience. It was fine but if I’m lucky enough to stay in Hayfield again, I’ll head into the city to eat.

Dear Guest McLean75,

I'd like to thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at Hayfield Manor.

Thank you for your very kind comments on our hotel, and indeed our staff. We are lucky to have a very hardworking and dedicated team at Hayfield Manor and I am delighted that everyone was welcoming, smiling and helpful throughout your stay. I will make sure your compliments are passed onto the entire team.

I'd also like to thank you for your feedback in relation to your dinner in Orchids restaurant. While I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, I am very happy to inform you that we have recently welcomed a new head chef who brings with him a contemporary style, passion, flair and wealth of fine-dining cuisine experience to the hotel. I have passed on your comments to him, and he shall be working closely with the Orchids culinary team over the coming months.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We are constantly striving to enhance the dining experience and exceed the expectations of our guests, and this can only be achieved through constructive comments such as yours.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor in the very near future.

Warmest regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel was absolutely fabulous! It makes me want to go back to Ireland just for another stay. We had a huge room (especially big for Europe standards). The bed was so comfortable. The room had a great view over the front entrance onto an old 100+ year tree. I was a bit worried there would be a lot of noise from the valet and guests entering, but it was just fine.

The included breakfast was amazing. We also spent some time at the hotel bar, which was about as fun as a hotel bar ever is, but had very attentive staff. We ordered room service for dinner one night which was really good and not outrageously priced for a 5 star.

We also enjoyed the pool and steam room since the weather was quite cold during our visit. The steam room helped a lot in dealing with the cold rain.

Can't recommend this place enough!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest Kaileyann,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor and indeed for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that your enjoyed your experience here at Hayfield Manor. It is most gratifying to know that you were very impressed with your room. I am also pleased to hear that you appreciated the landscaped grounds of the Manor as we strive to maintain an oasis of flora – separate to the urban centre of the city itself. Furthermore, I am happy you enjoyed the tranquil atmosphere of the Manor Bar and also availed of our pool and steam room in our leisure centre.

I hope to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor very soon again and thank again for your most generous compliments.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband treated me to two nights in Hayfield after giving birth to our son 10 weeks ago, being a 5 star hotel I didn't know what to expect and hoped that we would 'fit in'. From the minute we arrived I was put at ease when we were greeted by a lovely Cork man called Frank, he immediately made us feel at home and was full of chat. Our room was lovely and spacious, our meal in Perrotts garden bistro that evening was gorgeous and again the surroundings were very relaxed and homely. On the 2nd day of our stay i was booked in for a spa treatment, it was heaven and in such beautiful surroundings! I enjoyed our stay so much that I am already considering booking 2 more nights away over the Christmas!!

• Stayed April 2014
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Guest LD12014

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor during your recent visit to Cork and for spending time to write a review on our hotel.

I am thoroughly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments regarding our service are very much appreciated asewe strive to make our guests feel comfortable and think of our home as their home. I will of course inform Frank of your wonderful comments – he will be thrilled to hear what a great first impression he made and how that impacted on your impression of Hayfield Manor. Your compliments regarding the room, food and general atmosphere is truly heart-warming and greatly appreciated. The Beautique spa is the essence of serenity and calmness – I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience there with our attentive therapists.

I hope to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor very soon again – perhaps even before Christmas to indulge in the tranquil and serene atmosphere here Hayfield Manor.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's a beautiful hotel in a great location within walking distance of the city. The food is really excellent, both for dinner (Orchid restaurant) and breakfast. The staff are very friendly and changing room was no problem at all. I sadly didn't have time to use the spa so have not rated it. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Go for a room at the front. The rooms at the back have a road behind them, just a few cars gong by...
Dear Guest Aridot,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hayfield Manor. I'd like to thank you for your wonderful compliments on our breakfast and dinner – our culinary team will be most happy to hear such a great review. All our staff pride themselves on their ability to provide a friendly service that exceeds expectations and I am happy to hear that you found everyone your encountered to be both accommodating and courteous.

I hope to welcome you back for an extended stay – so you can experience our relaxing Beautique Spa and further sample the delicious atmosphere is both our restaurants.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed in the Hayfield with my Wife, Hotel as expected was fantastic and staff more than helpful. Only big issue was the Spa treatment my wife booked was canceled 3 hours before she arrived in cork. She had taken day off work (we work in Dublin) and got call after 13.00 so was not in good form. These things happen but a complimentary drink at the bar might have resolved the issue or even try to get an appointment for a spa treatment on the saturday, none of which were done.

Other than that great atmosphere and location spot on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking on the garden.
Dear Guest Noel C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor during your recent visit to Cork.

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you found the atmosphere and the hotel itself fantastic. I am very glad to hear that our team was more than helpful to assist you whenever they could. We are fortunate to have an exceptional team at Hayfield Manor who strive to provide excellent, friendly and efficient service at all times. I shall be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone.

I sincerely apologise for the issue with your wife's spa treatment. Her appointment was cancelled at such short notice due to a therapist falling ill, and all other therapists were fully committed that day. It appears that there was a failure in communication between departments as the connection was not made between the cancellation of the spa treatment and your hotel booking. We will always endeavour to accommodate our guests to enhance their experience, even more so when an issue occurs, and I apologise again that this was not evident during your stay.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back to Hayfield Manor again. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly when you wish to do so, as I would love to oversee your visit and ensure you receive the five star treatment and service that we pride ourselves on.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed for two nights, we heard it was excellent however I was very disappointed when my spa treatment was cancelled hours before arrival without much of an apology, I had thought we might get a complementary drink or something considering I was already travelling to the hotel when the appointment was cancelled, but nothing. Our room was lovely and very comfortable, prehaps a little small, no view. We ate in the restaurnat, the food, wine and service was excellent. The location and general atmosphere in the hotel was very relaxing and inviting. The staff were friendly and generally helpful however we did have to request toast a number of times at breakfast before it arrived, the second morning we had toast but no butter which we also requested a number of times and which never arrived, very small issues but we expected more from a five star hotel, all in all disappointed.

Dear Guest Therese C,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time and effort to review your recent stay at Hayfield Manor.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant. Thank you for your kind comments on our food, wine and service. I am very pleased to hear that you found your room lovely and comfortable if a little small. We have several categories of rooms available ranging from 300 to 1200 square feet in size. While not all of our bedrooms have a 'view', many of our rooms overlook our gardens or the front of the hotel from which you have a view of the city which is especially beautiful at night. Our reservations team are more than happy to enhance your stay by accommodating any such requests.

I am disheartened to hear of your disappointment due to your spa treatment being cancelled. Please accept apologies for any inconvenience we caused. I have since investigated into the reasons behind the cancellation. We were fully committed in the spa that afternoon and unfortunately one of our therapists was ill, and therefore unable to perform treatments. It appears that the connection was not made between your spa reservation and room reservation at the time. Please be assured that had this connection been established, we would have most certainly ensured to upgrade your stay and have strived to accommodate you the next day. Once again, I sincerely apologise for this mix-up and assure you that this is not a reflection of the high standards of excellence, service and care that we pride ourselves on.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again. Please contact me directly when you choose to do so as I'd like to personally oversee your visit.

Ettienne van Vrede

Been to Hayfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!