“Great hotel ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay in hayfield with our baby. Hotel is great, service excellent, rooms lovely and food very good. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere and at all times either at breakfast, dinner or in the spa all the staff were happy to help and go that little further for us with a young baby. This hotel is a lovely get away.

Stayed January 2014
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest Josie_M2013,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, cuisine and guest room within our hotel. I am more pleased to know that all the team here thoroughly looked after you and your family.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed at Hayfield Manor for a very special family occasion between Christmas and New Year. From my initial phone call to later emails and conversations with various staff I was impressed by the friendly and courteous service. This impression was emphasised by the warm reception received from Bart and all the reception staff on our arrival.

Our room was very spacious with views over the garden and rooftops of Cork and we were delighted with it. The first night we ate in the Bistro and had a delicious meal. Breakfast both mornings was wonderful - the full Irish breakfast was awesome!!!

The hotel itself looked so beautiful, magnificently decorated for the Christmas season - we even had a Christmas tree in our room!

The occasion for which we were in Cork was held in the hotel and an occasion which was such a happy celebration was definitely enhanced by the beautiful surroundings and attention to detail of all the staff in the hotel. I am looking for a reason to stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest bonviveur28,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us here at Hayfield Manor recently.

It was an absolute pleasure to hear how my team impressed you so highly. It always brings me such delight when the team here receive such wonderful recognition and I can assure you I will pass on your exceptionally kind feedback.

Thank you also for your high praise of our cuisine, accommodation and surroundings.

I very much hope you’ll find a reason to stay once more as it would be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed with our extended family in late November and could not get over the outstanding accommodations, complete with a Xmas tree in each room, to the concierge service, dining room, and spa. Can't say enough about this lovely, warm hotel. The spa is not to be missed--quite an experience. The staff is superb and the food outstanding. The concierge even helped us find rooms at the next hotel in another city and made the reservations for us. She couldn't have been more helpful. We really felt we were so lucky to visit at this time as the holiday decorations were absolutely beautiful. We felt like we were having a "Downton Abbey" experience. It's an experience not to be missed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest Rad32013,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to write your kind review.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially having your own personal Christmas tree in your guest room and I am thrilled that you felt our hotel was so welcoming and warm.

Thank you very much also for your high praise of our staff. I will be sure to inform our concierge team of your kind comments as I’m sure they will be as pleased as I am to know that they exceeded your expectations.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon, hopefully for another relaxing stay.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Lovely stay, the bed was so soft and comfy I never wanted to leave but when eventually I did it was worth it for the outstanding service and attention of the young gents in the bar. Outstanding training must go into the staff in Hayfield, they will bring me back again soon. Overall great hotel, great staff, great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest JMCS28,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us recently.

It was a pleasure to read through your review and to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much indeed for your praise of our team, it always bring me great pleasure to be able to relate such high recognition back to the team.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Myself and my family recently went to the Hayfield for Sunday lunch to celebrate a special occasion. The atmosphere in the hotel was really nice as it was coming up to Christmas and the hotel is always beautifully decorated. We were seated promptly and given our menus. But when we sat down we noticed two pieces of dirty used cutlery still with food on them. It was like they hadn't been removed from the previous guests. The table had been reset though so whoever did the table didn't check the cutlery. They were taken away and replaced. Then we placed our order but the waiter then came back to us and apologised that we had received the wrong menus and some of the choices we made were no longer available. The food that we did receive after this was really delicious. The condiments on the table were also quite grubby especially the oil and the salt cellar, they just need to be cleaned with a damp cloth. Overall we had a lovely Sunday lunch, the food was really good, and always enjoy visiting the hotel but there were just a few things that we were a bit disappointed with and really shouldn't be happening in a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest corkmike,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to dine with us recently in our Perrott’s Garden Bistro and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with the atmosphere of our hotel and more so our Christmas décor.

Naturally, I am disappointed to hear of the careless attention to detail you received the Sunday that you visited us. Dirty mise en place is most certainly not to our high standards, as I am sure you are aware from your previous visits. I have spoken with our restaurant team and I can assure you this situation will not arise again.

Corkmike, I would like to thank you for your review as it is only from balanced feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our services in the future. I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future, where I assure you our standard will be at our usual five star.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in a suite, January 3, 2014, the night before her wedding.

Before her rehearsal I wanted to drop by, check in, hang her wedding dress up. The line was long with other people checking in but somehow Bart sensed I was in a hurry, asked the girl at the desk what room number we were in, took me to the room and told me I could check in when I returned later that night.

In the morning he personally escorted countless hair, makeup, bridesmaids, etc., to our suite. When my earring broke he ran out to the store and bought Crazy Glue. When I needed to break a large bill he went out to get smaller bills. The level of service we received from Bart was far and beyond over what we have seen at other luxury hotels, even here in our hometown of Chicago.

We stayed at Hayfield last March and we noted his excellent service then too. He is not the only outstanding feature of the Hayfield Manor. When we came back from the wedding rehearsal to check in finally, the lovely woman at the desk offered me some Irish Mist which was in a decanter on the desk. It is delicious and if you have a chance, try it!! WE LOVE HAYFIELD MANOR!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest Fullman1,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our staff.

It always brings me great pleasure to hear that our team have given such a memorable experience to our guests, so naturally I am thrilled to hear that Bart exceeded your expectations and went above and beyond for you and your family. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments on to him, which I know he will just as pleased as me to hear.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back again in the near future.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Won a two night stay and used it on the 3rd & 4th January 2014 and I couldn't say how much the staff made us feel welcome and how helpful they were during all of our stay.

We ate in the the Orchids restaurant on Friday night and while the restaurant was fully booked the service was impeccable. Breakfast in the hotel was gorgeous and the staff were amazing helpful and always had a smile for every customer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest Smeh2010,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review of our hotel and indeed for staying with us recently.

I am thrilled to hear that you were made to feel so welcome here at Hayfield Manor as we strive to ensure that all our guests feel like our home is your home. I am also delighted that our team and cuisine exceeded your expectations as we take great pride in our service and products.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

Ettienne van Vrede

Been to Hayfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!