“Overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Milan, Italy
“Overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Friendly. knowledgable staff who are eager to please. Huge suite that had everything but was dated and like an icon to kitsch 1970s taste. Bathroom was shamfefully appointed. The hotel needs an upgrade of its rooms urgently. Breakfast was comical. Took 20 minutes to be served, coffee pot leaked coffee all over the crisp linen and my jeans. The concierge Michael is a font of knowledge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest IrishroverBelgium,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

Thank you very much indeed for your kind praise of our staff. I am delighted to know that you found them to be friendly and knowledgeable. We are truly fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to forward your kind comments to them. I am sure that Michael will be especially glad to know that he made such a lasting impression.

I was very sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with your accommodation during your stay, however. I was also very disappointed to hear that there was an issue with your breakfast, and I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I would like to assure you that your feedback is most welcome and has been taken on board. We have a continuous programme of refurbishment in place at Hayfield Manor, and I would like to ensure that the room in question in is prioritised for improvement. Unfortunately your review does not identify which room you stayed in, and therefore I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for the second time. The first time was in 2005 and the hotel was just as lovely eight years later. And we stayed in the same room! Room was very large and well appointed. Bathroom is nice size with two sinks, tub/shower. Staff was very friendly and attentive except for breakfast staff. We had an issue getting anyone to service our table. Food was very good, buffet had about anything you could possibly want to eat for breakfast. Hotel has sort of an old world feel to it. Our GPS did have a bit of trouble finding it. We would definitely go again. One note, we did not feel that it was close enough for us to walk to the city centre of Cork, but if you normally walk distance, you would have no problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest ellajwade,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us once again at Hayfield Manor, and indeed for taking the time to write your review.

It was a pleasure to have you return to us recently, and I am delighted to know that you felt the hotel was just as lovely as on your previous visit. I am especially glad to know that you were pleased with your room, and I do hope that it brought back some happy memories of your last stay.

Thank you also for your very kind praise of our breakfast, and for your helpful feedback on our staff. I am disappointed to know that you found our breakfast staff to be neither friendly nor attentive, and I would like to assure you that I will be addressing this issue with the whole team. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this experience may have caused you. I very much hope that it has not diminished your good opinion of our hotel.

It would give me great pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here for a couple nights recently. It was a wonderful experience all the way around. Friendly and informative greeting. Lovely upgraded room. Service exceptional. Spa (according to my wife) first rate. Breakfast delicious with great service and many choices.

The thing that really set Hayfield Manor apart for us was our experience when returning from an evening concert in town. We left for the show around 4 PM, ate a nasty hot dog and had a few beers at the show and returned to the hotel around 11 PM that evening tired, hungry and thirsty. We were thrilled to find the hotel bar open and even more thrilled to be offered a fresh plate of sandwiches that had been made up in advance for those of us returning from the concert late at night after the restaurant had closed. The sandwiches hit the spot, the idea was brilliant and lo and behold there was no charge on our bill the next morning for anything but the drinks that we had ordered. This was a rather small touch but one that made a very positive impact on us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest ctbjr1309,

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your visit. I am very glad to hear that you were so pleased with our service, our cuisine and our spa, and I would like to thank you for your very kind comments.

I am also delighted to know that you enjoyed the sandwiches after the concert. It was our pleasure to arrange them for you and for our other guests attending the concert, and I am very glad to know that this little touch made such a wonderful impression. Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

banbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful and you are made to feel very welcome. Staff were able to give great directions to different locations in the Cork area. The room was very nice and had a great bathroom. Breakfast was superb. The hotel is set in lovely grounds and is within walking distance of Cork city centre. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Neil H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am absolutely delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay, and I am very glad that you were pleased with our welcome. I am also very glad to learn that you were pleased with our breakfast. It means a great deal to us all to know that we managed to exceed your expectations.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. It gives me great pleasure to hear such marvellous feedback from our guests, and I am sure that the whole team will be as thrilled as I am with your wonderful comments, and to know that they made such a fantastic impression.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully for an extended visit.

cailifornia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a lovely hotel!!! I enjoyed staying here very much, friendly, clean, surroundings a beautiful even though it's in city centre, beautiful food!
Will come back for sure!
Thanks everyone for making my stay memorable♥

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest CailiforniaYoshi,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our staff, location and our cuisine. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests.

I was particularly delighted to hear that you would like to return to us, and it means a lot to me personally to know that you think so highly of Hayfield Manor.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

When I arrived in the Hayfield Manor I immediatly felt this place as a unique, charming and very cosy hotel. We stayed few days and it's definitively the best hotel in Cork, according to taxis as well ...

Not only beautifully preserved but it gives you the chance to relax in different area: the library, the tea room, the bar with a lovely background music

Starting with the staff, I never experienced so professional and nice people, available, efficient, smily (and not the commercial smile, the real one!).
The room is cleaned perfectly and checked for the evening, it is quite and very nicely decorated. Beds are very comfortable and big
The breakfast is amazing, you can choose hot meals from a menu then have a nice range of cold meal choice. The quality is the best and very tasty
We had the chance to have a dinner there also, the meals were excellent and the price are very fair.
And finally the spa: very nice people, professional, try the massages !
I didn't have such an nice experience since a long time and I will definitively come back for a girls spa week end to relax ... I always like to mention something to improve but really no, even the prices are reasonable
This manor in Paris would be 1000€ per night for sure ... and never with this staff professionalism
Just go for it and don't think !

Dear Guest Lilly197780,

I am absolutely delighted to know that you and enjoyed your stay so completely. I am very glad to learn that you were pleased with our cuisine, our accommodation, our spa and our service. It means a great deal to us all to know that we managed to exceed your expectations, and it gives me great pleasure to know that your stay with us left you relaxed and revived.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. It is absolutely wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests, and I will be certain to forward your kind comments to the team. I am sure they will be thrilled to know that they helped to make your stay so enjoyable.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I have recently just returned from a most memorable stay at Hayfield Manor Hotel. It was our first time at this hotel and we can't wait to return! From the minute we stepped through the door we were greeted with a warm welcome and instantly felt very comfortable and relaxed. All staff were very charming and it was clear that customer service is paramount! The room we stayed in was simply spectacular! Luxurious and elegant and immaculately clean!
We dined in Perrotts Garden Bistro! Again, service was excellent and the food was delicious!
Breakfast was the best breakfast we have ever had! We would definitely recommend a stay at this charming hotel!

Dear Guest chrissy1882,

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am blown away by your wonderful praise of our hotel. It means a great deal to me that you would rate us so highly, and I am very glad that you were so pleased with every aspect of your stay. I am especially glad to know that you found our breakfast to be the best that you have ever had, and that you would recommend us to others.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. It is absolutely wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests, and I am sure our whole team will be as thrilled as I am to know that they exceeded your expectations.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Been to Hayfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!