“Worth every penny.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Lake Oswego
“Worth every penny.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hayfield Manor was a great experience all in itself. We felt like we were on the Titanic with the carved wooden staircase and professionalism of all the staff. People fell over themselves to help us in any way... so friendly and welcoming. Location was walkable to town-a little walk-not right there, but doable. Room was nicely appointed and ample in space. Will DEFINITELY go back!

Room Tip: If you have kids, get the suite. It pencils out and is loads of space.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest Cinderblock1991,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am absolutely delighted with your kind comments on our hotel. Thank you very much indeed for your praise of our staff. It always a pleasure to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests. I will be certain to forward your comments to the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I was particularly delighted to read that you would definitely come back to visit us again, and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We arrived in Cork very late and tired on a Friday Night and ultimately arrived at Hayfield Manor around 11:30 in the evening. The staff was gracious, engaging, helpful and the property obviously popular with several groups enjoying late night festivities in the common areas. Our bags were taken to our room which was nicely appointed, comfortable and uniquely designed. The common areas (lobby and restaurants) were both elegant and comfortable without being stuffy. WiFi signals were good throughout and Entienne (the manager) was obviously watchfully on top of everything coming and going in the lobby and the restaurants and graciously engaged with us during our departure. The breakfasts were the finest we had on our 14 days of travel and were simply a notch above anything we had during our entire travel....both the service, quality of food, presentation, coffee, silverware, and more were outstanding. It made us want to stay and lounge over food and niceties all day. We could certainly recommend this lovely manor hotel again to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest gumbynpokey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. Thank you for your very kind praise of our hotel. It means a great deal to me that you would rate us so highly, and I am very glad that you were pleased with our accommodation and service. I am especially glad to know that you found our breakfast to be the best of your travels, and that you would recommend us to others.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. It is absolutely wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests, and I am sure our whole team will be as thrilled as I am with your wonderful comments.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you and back to Hayfield again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Sitges, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in hayfield manor over the weekend and had a fantastic experience the hotel has a lovely charm about it. you can feel the character as you walk in the door, it feels like a five star should be not like all these clinical new hotels that you get in most cities. the main restaurant is lovely but a bit expensive, the quality of the food is very good none the less.
The biggest asset the hotel has is its staff very helpful and friendly. The hotel is a couple of kilometres from the city centre, which is not to expensive in a taxi, I found the staff recommendations for restaurants and bars excellent.
I Would have loved to have stayed for longer.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Matthew S,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently, and indeed for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for wonderful praise of our hotel. I am delighted that you were so pleased with the décor and character throughout, and with the quality of the cuisine in our restaurant.

Thank you also for your very kind comments about our staff. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield Manor, and I am especially glad to know that they made such a great impression. I will be certain to forward your praise to the whole team, and I am sure they will be thrilled.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future, hopefully for an extended stay.

efrat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Really top class experience in every way. Thanks Hayfield Manor! For example: I had - by mistake - ordered a room with 2 single beds, and when we asked for a queen-sized bed instead, they found one immediately and insisted on moving our bags for us. Lots and lots of towels in the spa area - great tub that was big enough for two - what else can I say?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest nogafisher,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel.

I am absolutely thrilled with your fantastic review. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of all our staff. It is immensely gratifying to know that exceeded your expectations. Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback, it is very much appreciated by the entire team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Petrolia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We greeted personally by the owner at registration and shown to our rooms by the manager. Our bags beat us there! After being shown all the great features of the hotel -pool, restaurants and hearing a bit about the city we were left to relax in our very large and well thought out room. We had included breakfast in our stay and it was delicious. The grounds although small were lovely. At departure we were once again treated like celebrities and sent out on our way. No wonder this hotel is always busy. Excellent from start to finish.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest JanicePetrolia,

From beginning to end it was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our accommodation and service, and also for your kind praise of our restaurants. We take a lot of pride in the high standard of our service, and it always provides a real boost to the team to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests. I will be certain to forward your comments to our staff, and I am sure they will all be as delighted as I am.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a wonderful Manor home. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Bart will welcome you with a tip of his hat and then share some memorable stories. Dinner at Perrotts was very good at the hotel. Then we had dinner at Annie's Bistro the 2nd evening. Book tables in advance to not be disappointed. Rooms are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden and very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest TigerMom1213,

It was an absolute pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise of our hotel. I am sure our whole team will be thrilled to know that you found them so friendly and helpful, Bart especially. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team here at Hayfield Manor, and it is always wonderful to know that their efforts have not gone unrecognised.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our cuisine in Perrotts Garden Bistro. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay in your guest room also.

It would be an honour to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

grenoble
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were a group of four travelling in the footsteps of my wife's Irish ancestors who had left Cobh in 1832. 12 wonderful days in Ireland. My wife's highlight was her stay at the Hayfield Manor. Beautiful surroundings ( a large estate in downtown Cork giving the impression that we were in the countryside), excellent service, friendly advice, delicious meals. We will be spendiing more time there on our next trip to Ireland.

Dear Guest saulnierspencer,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and for taking the time to write your review.

It was a pleasure to read through your wonderful review. I am utterly delighted with your comments. It means a lot to me personally, and also to the entire team at Hayfield, to receive such high praise.

I would like to thank you sincerely for providing a real boost of morale to us all. We endeavour daily to exceed our guests’ expectations, and I am truly gratified to know that we have exceeded yours.

I look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Been to Hayfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!