“Stately Manor with Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Anaheim, California
“Stately Manor with Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The manor is in excellent condition with very comfortable rooms and outstanding service. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The hotel is in a good central location near the college and a great base for exploring County Cork.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest Iam3,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

Thank you very much for your kind praise of our service and our accommodation. I am utterly thrilled to know that you and enjoyed your stay and that you found your room to be quite comfortable. It is always a delight to me to know that our efforts are appreciated by our guests, and I will be certain to forward your comments to the whole team. Thank you again.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had an absolutely amazing experience at the Hayfield Manor. The service was incredible as they were extremely attentive and helpful. The Manor itself had character and was charming. If your looking for a getaway that is peaceful with exceptional service Hayfield Manor has it all. The food there was amazingly fresh and delicious too!

Dear Guest Grayson C,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your very kind praise of our hotel. It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed a peaceful stay and I am very glad that you were pleased with our service and cuisine.

Thank you also for your kind comments on our staff. I am sure our whole team will be as thrilled as I am with your wonderful review, and to know that they exceeded your expectations.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Lots to love about this warm and welcoming Cork landmark. It's like going to stay with a friendly but slightly eccentric bunch of distant relatives - they treat you like family but are happy to let you do your own thing. Standards in the bar, restaurant and housekeeping are high and there's a reassuring sense that everybody knows what they're doing. That's a necessary counterpoint to the spontaneous hospitality that adds a rare charm to the whole experience. Advice, directions and authentic concern are generously given even as you enjoy a standard of hotel professionalism that ranks with the best in Europe. If you stay at just one hotel in Ireland make it this one - you'll find others are dull and formulaic by comparison.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have a view of the leafy driveway and Cork skyline
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Patrick J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to me to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful praise of our hotel. I am certain that our whole team will be thrilled to know you found them so friendly and helpful. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team here at Hayfield Manor, and it is always a dleightl to know that their efforts have not gone unrecognised.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our bar,restaurants and accommodation. I am thrilled to know that you hold Hayfield Manor in such high esteem and that you would recommend us.

It would be an honour to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hayfield Manor is simply the best hotel in Cork. We stayed there over a weekend. The service was incredible-every request was dealt with in a timely fashion. The bar staff were very friendly as we're the restaurant staff. We had a lovely meal in Orchids on one of the nights. The rooms are spacious and the beds very comfortable. It is within walking distance of the city centre. The only downside was The bar was noisy in the early evening with guests at a Communion party who outstayed their welcome. Looking forward to returning there next year

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest Mary H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments reagrding our hotel and facilities. It is a delight to know that you enjoyed your meal and your accommodation.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. I am quite proud of our team here at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to forward your kind words to them. I am sure they will be as delighted as I am to know that their efforts are appreciated.

I am particularly glad to hear that you plan to return again next year, and I look forward to welcoming you back then if not sooner.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Manor was a beautifully decorated both within the room and in the main lobby. The king size bed, sheets and duvet were very soft and comfortable. The only issue we had was that our room was situated near the front of the Manor entrance which meant that it was noisy and filled with smokers (we had to close the windows). Overall, a beautiful place to stay for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the front entrance of the Manor in order to avoid noise from guests chattin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest Sandro C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am very glad to hear that your room was very comfortable, and that you were pleased with your bedding and with the décor of the hotel in general. Thank you for your very kind comments.

I am quite dismayed to learn that you were disturbed by noise from guests outside your room, and I would like to apologise profusely for the inconvenience caused. I would like to assure you that we offer a designated smoking area for our guests in our greenhouse, which is located away from the bedrooms, and this makes it all the more regrettable that you encountered such a disturbance. I would like to offer my sincere apologies once again.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the future.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Wonderful manor, converted into a hotel, very comfortable, and staff couldn't be more accommodating. A close walk to the university and a fifteen minute walk to downtown. My room was gorgeous, with a desk in a writing nook, gorgeous recently redone bathroom, and all the amenities I could ever need. Very quiet grounds, and the sleeping was excellent. Bring your swim suit for the "Leisure Room" (spa). Bar and restaurants were terrific. I went running downtown along the northern quays of the river and circled back along the southern part of town, very nice run. I'd return in a flash!

Room Tip: If you don't climb stairs easily, you may wish for a lower floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest mom2dunksie,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently, and indeed for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for wonderful praise of our hotel. I am delighted that you were so pleased with your room amenities and bathroom. I am especially glad to know that you enjoyed a comfortable nights’ sleep during your stay.

I am delighted to note that you would like to return to us again, and I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I spent two days at this excellent city hotel during a recent tour round Eire. We had stayed at this hotel last year and enjoyed it so much that we put it on our itinerary for this trip.

As usual the staff were excellent and the quality of the hotel was there for all to see. However, the visit was spoiled by the hotel being 'taken over' by a wedding party of around 50 to 60 guests, including many young children. The easy going old world charm, for me and my wife, were shattered by the 'hordes' of folk arriving at the same time at the bar, the restaurant, the car park, the courtyard, the breakfast suite, etc.

If we decide to stay there in the future I will certainly check to see if the hotel is catering for another wedding, and certainly will not book if the answer is yes. I would advise other potential guests to do the same.

Room Tip: I would not be happy with any room around the 240 numbers again, as these are very near the on-site...
Dear Guest Jack_Dee,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of Hayfield Manor is so positive. I am very grateful for your kind feedback on our staff in particular. I will be certain to forward your kind words to the entire team, and I am sure that they will be delighted with your comments.

I was quite disappointed however to learn that you felt your stay was ruined by the presence of wedding guests at the hotel, and I would like to apologise most sincerely for the inconvenience that was caused to you. While we do our utmost to minimise disruption to our guests from events in the hotel, regrettably it is not always possible, and I am very sorry indeed to know that you did not enjoy your stay as thoroughly as on your previous visit.

Mr Dee, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future. I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly when you plan to return to Cork so that I can ensure you are well looked after.

Ettienne van Vrede

Been to Hayfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!