“When they say "family away from home" they mean it !” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Cork
London, United Kingdom
“When they say "family away from home" they mean it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Could n't say enough for this one. Even their edges were polished. Staff on the ball. Everything done to make you feel at home - nothing spared. Brought our neice and nephew along. They had a great time with the doorman Bart. Mention him alot since. Loved the cookies and milk at bedtime. We found the babysitting service handy for us to enjoy the restaurants and bar; and then just a short walk to the Electric Bar by the river in the City. Wanted to stay longer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear qverciiCLVII,

I would like to begin by thanking you for staying with us at Hayfield manor, and for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had such a wonderful recent stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel and our staff. It gives us a real morale boost as a team to hear such positive feedback, and for that, thank you.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor hopefully in the not too distant future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Waterford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have just returned from this lovely hotel we stayed friday and saturday it was perfect my wife treated me for my birthday.Easy to find just behind UCC about 15 minutes walk from city center or € 8 in a taxi.Wonderful reception with warmth and feeling a great guy there is bart who knows everything about hotel and who kindly greeted us and made us feel welcome lesiure center is wonderful best i have seen in irish hotel for long time.Food in the bar was lovely just a little over priced but thats to be expected room we were in was 211 which we upgraded to i didnt see the average room but ours was normal just a nice size and nice soft bed.I thought they mite have a docking station or some thing for iphone or ipod but no but i mite being to picky.Breakfast was the best part of our stay just perfect and not rushed.I stayed in the killarney park for a week in september and this is similar which is my favourite hotel in Ireland but this is very close for me.I would like a little space to be able to see a match on tv but thats it perfect otherwise and its the same thing as park staff make this place.

Dear MichaelBres,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for staying at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel and our staff. We welcome all feedback whether it is positive or negative, and it is a great boost of confidence for myself and the team at Hayfield to receive your wonderful comments.

Once again, many thanks for your review I hope to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have just returned from a two night stay in Hayfield Manor and I can honestly say it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff where so friendly throughout the hotel. It is laid back and professional and just a really nice place to base yourself while in Cork on business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ciaran52,

I would like to thank you sincerely for your recent review on Tripadvisor and for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read you f enjoyed your recent stay, we strive to make our guests feel as comfortable and relaxed during their stay, and I am thrilled you enjoyed our hotel.

I hope you return to Hayfield Manor in the not too distant future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Just back from a fab girlie weekend in the hayfield manor hotel.we spent a fab day in the top class spa.the staff were very professional and friendly,the treatments were top of the range.we were so relaxed from our day in the spa.we continued our evening in the restaurant where the food was outstanding.our suite was huge and the beds were so comfortable.the breakfast the next morning was delicious.we had such a relaxing weekend here and we defitinely be will be returning sooner rather than later.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Richie R,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had such a relaxing experience during your recent stay. Thank you also for your kind comments about our staff and service, which I will be sure to forward on.

We always welcome the opportunity to be of service and it would be a pleasure to have you return to Hayfield Manor, in the not too distant future.

Etteinne Van Vrede
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

my husband and i have just returned from a midweek break in Hayfield Manor.It was our first time there and we had been looking forward to it as we had read and heard so much about it.The hotel is at the end of a quiet avenue at the back of ucc.The grounds are small but they are interesting and well kept .There is an aviary and a rabbit hutch and a walled garden at the rear of the hotel ,that managed to look lovely on a cold wet january day.The reception area is impressive but also cosy.Our bedroom was spotless and spacious but we were woken every night in the small hours with noise from outside (the windows above the entrance may need extra soundproofing).The breakfast was the best i have ever had in any irish hotel.but we were disappointed with the bistro both our meals were cold (but they seemed busy so maybe they were under pressure).The bar food was great.the pool and spa were wonderful a real chill out place with fresh fruit and water ,good lighting soft music,just right,All the staff were great ,well worth a visit.

Room Tip: stay away from the entrance
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear madison62,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel . Your favourable comments on our staff, pool, location and breakfast are very much appreciated. I shall certainly convey your kind words on to all.

I was disappointed to read that you had some noise disturbances during your stay. I would like to sincerely apologise about this and I do hope that this did not inconvenience your stay too much. Upon your next stay I would be more than happy to offer you a room in a very quite area.

Thank you also for your additional feedback regarding your meals which I do apologise for, I have since mentioned this with our chef.

Etteinne Van Vrede
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at Hayfield. From start to finish it was a "special" experience. Staff, accommodation, food all added to the experience.It has now moved to top of my favourite places to stay. I want to go back. You should too.

Room Tip: we booked a luxury break
Dear pehhan,

Thank you very much for posting your pleasant review on Tripadvisor and indeed for staying with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read whet an enjoyable stay you had with us recently. Thank you for your very kind words about the hotel, our quisine, our staff and our spa, I will be sure to pass these comments on to them.

Once again I would like to thank you for staying with us a t Hayfield Manor and for posting you review. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor in the not too distant future.

Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have stayed in Hayfield Manor on a number of occasions and I still absolutely love this hotel, I never tire of its ambience, homliness and pure attention to detail. I find myself comparing all the time when I visit other hotels and even though I have stayed in other 5 star hotels none measure up to hayfield.We normally stay every december for a weekend and this was the first time that i was not 100% happy, the room overlooked a busy road and i found it hard to sleep with the noise of the traffic and i thought the room was very draughty. On leaving i mentioned this to the reception staff and was assured of a free upgrade on my next visit. I hope to return to this haven or heavan as i sometimes call it in december 2013 and look forward to my upgrade

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hayfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!