“Would Highly Recommend This Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 22 hotels in Cork
Dublin
“Would Highly Recommend This Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My wife, my daughter and I stayed two nights in the Hayfield Manor last weekend (24th June 2011). We had a family room. Rooms spacious. Staff very pleasant. Had dinner in the Bistro each night. High standard and plenty of variety on menu. Cold Buffet Breakfast available and hot menu to choose from. Would recommend to couples and young families. At turn down service, cookies and milk left in the room for our child. Nice touch. We stayed in Fota last year and much preferred the Hayfield Manor over Fota for space, staff, food, pool everything. My child left her little "Dora" book in the hotel and the hotel found it and have agreed to post it on to us. All these little things make it a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear Guest Mandr03,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent trip to Cork, and for taking the time to write your lovely review.

It was wonderful to read that you and your family had a truly enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted that your daughter enjoyed the little special treats; we love to welcome our junior guests and make them feel as special as all our guests.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the not too distant future.

1,494 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

From the moment we arrived at Hayfield Manor,every member of staff was just wonderful.Their professionalism and knowledge was so apparent,but more outstanding was the total friendliness of every member encountered.Even though we were only staying for two nights,the recognition from staff and their pleasant conversations was very well received.
The rooms were to a very high standard and very peaceful,ensuring a superb night"s rest.Unlike many hotels,no other guests were heard once one retired.
The food in the Bistro Restaurant was superb, and the service and comfort encountered ensured we returned a second night to enjoy the experience again.
The swimming pool.steam room and jacuzzi,as well as the treatment rooms are excellent and one felt absolutely relaxed and invigorated after a visit.
The hotel is in a very pleasant setting and easily accessible from the town centre.The University of Cork,with excellent architecture and St. Fin Barre"s Cathedral are within minutes of the hotel,both of which are highly worth a visit.
All in all a great place for unwinding and "switching off " from the pressures of daily life.Will be back!!!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest surreyvisitorCork,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read through your review and learn what an enjoyable recent stay you had with us. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments about our hotel, cuisine and our staff. I am blessed to have such a wonderful team to work with and it is a pleasure to manage every one of them. We will always welcome guest feedback whether it is positive or negative, but it is always a great boost of morale to receive such wonderful feedback like yours. Thank you again.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed here for a few nights during family celebration locally and was not disappointed.

I had sometimes enjoyed the dining experience here while staying elsewhere in the city or just passing through. These expereinces were somewhat mixed as Perrott's Restaurant was not quite up to it and prices on the high side, but Orchid's diningroom was always excellent regardless of the high prices.

And so we arrived to stay and see what the experience would be like as resident guests.

Reception staff were helpful although one had to request help with luggage and eventually a porter arrived. One receptionist, a native of Connaught, was most professional and ensured everything was resolved as soon as she came to deal with our check in and saw me looking around for a porter.

Accomodation was in a standard manor room and overlooked the garden. It was quiet and had all that we needed, including the golf putter and a golf ball! The windows were not the best in terms of keeping out the unseasonal cold outside. But that was not an issue for us as natives of Ireland but might well be for some Ameican friends of mine who seem to prefer more controlled temperature environments in hotel accommodation. Overall we were quite happy with the accommodation. It was appropriate for the style and era of the building. It was not luxurious however.

Breakfast was good but not as good as other similar- five star marketed establishments we visited this year. Hard to be critical but fairly mundane offering. It lacked any wow options. Service was impersonal and as one might expect in lower graded busy city hotel. Except it was not that busy here!

The meal we had in Perrott's Restaurant was very ordinary and waiting staff were visibly keen to move people onwards to the adjoining bar in order to maximise revenue for restaurant. The menu was good but the quality of the produce as prepared and presented was very ordinary. It was enjoyed nevertheless.

One evening, I and some other family members enjoyed the so-called 'fine dining' option in Orchids Restaurant. The pre drinks in the bar and post drinks in the library by the fire hold nice memories but what was our opinion of the restaurant?

Orchids was excellent. This was the opinion of all. The menu offered good variety and the food certainly did not disappoint. We all seemed to order different dishes and so we got to see (and taste!) most of the menu. It was the opinion of all that it was a superior dining experience and the waiting staff were very good. This dinner certainly was the high point of the stay for us. The price was about right and we will return again for more at Orchids.

I noted a chef from Mount Juliet dining at a table nearby. Doubt if he will learn anything from the hotel but certainly the dining experience at Orchid's might keep him on his toes!

The swimming pool was very inviting and a well kept environment, but we did not visit the spa so cannot comment good, bad or indifferent.

It was a pleasant stay and we will certainly return as we are originally from Cork and often return to the city to visit family and friends. I could write a book on Cork hotels and how they have changed for the worse over the years! There are a few other hotels in greater Cork area that come close or match Hayfield Manor in terms of room quality and leisure facilities which can be enjoyed for significantly less cost, but Orchids Restaurant and the professionalism of most staff mark it out as Cork's best small hotel currently. This is certainly a very good place to relax and base oneself when in Cork city.

Finally, our opinion of best staff member during our stay must go to the young woman at reception from Mallow area who was excellent. One got the impression that our satisfaction was her delight and she was good humoured and a font of information. Well done! Hope we meet again. Last time it was at Fota Island Resort where you again maximised standards for ensuring customer satisfaction as I recall.

Hayfield Manor has a sister hotel in Killarney where we also stayed some years ago (but did not review on TripAdvisor). There were some similarities such as the golf putter in the bedroom but Hayfield Manor is a big step up. Having a curtain but no window behind it was not a feature of our room in Hayfield Manor, as it was in the Killarney Royal Hotel!!!

If you stay at Hayfield Manor and would like a nice walk locally, then you could not do better than cross the roadway and explore the architecture and gardens of University College Cork, my alma mater. The city centre with its much-praised shopping area is a good walk but a taxi ride back to the hotel is easy to arrange. St Finbarr's Cathedral (Church of Ireland/Anglican tradition) is well worth a visit nearby (ten minutes walk eaxch way).

We will certainly return but rates still on high side in our opinion.

Room Tip: \onlinr prices not best rate possibly!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest Coolnacarrick,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to write your detailed helpful review.

I would like to thank you for all of the positive feedback about our hotel and our staff, it is very much appreciated, and I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to the whole team.

Thank you also for your helpful feedback on various aspects of the hotel. I can assure you that I have taken all of your comments on board and very seriously. It is only through our guest feedback that we can unsure that we continue to exceed all of our guest’s expectations.

I would be honoured to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future

Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We knew from the first contact at booking and speaking to Ingrid in reservations that it would be a memorable stay but it far exceeded that expectation! We got a complementary upgrade on arrival and the service from all the staff right through the 2 days of our stay was faultless. For any future trips to Cork I want to stay nowhere else!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Dear Guest joanlawlor,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel, and for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was thrilled to read your review to learn what an enjoyable recent stay you had with us. Thank you for your very kind and wonderful positive comments about our hotel and our staff, in particular Ingrid. I will be sure to extend your gratitude on to the whole team. We always welcome guest feedback whether it is positive or negative, but it is a great boost of morale for everyone to receive such wonderful feedback. Thank you again.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the near future.

Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I recently stayed in Hayfield Manor as overnight treat to my husband, without kids! I have stayed in many hotels across the world as I love travelling but I have to say this is one of may favourite hotels. The ambience, service, food, and decor are exceptional. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The rooms are luxurious and the beds very comfortable. Pool, outdoor hot tub and sauna are well maintained.
It is close to city centre but you feel as if you are in the countryside. I don't know how they managed it, but we were unable to hear noise from other rooms which I feel is often the case.
I can be a bit picky but my stay at hayfield was without fault. We even had a nespressos machine in the room!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Guest idokelly,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor on your recent getaway to Cork, and for taking the time and effort to write your wonderful review.

It was a pleasure to read through all of the great positive feedback and comments about many aspects of our hotel; it is very much appreciated by the whole team. We strive on a daily basis to exceed all of our guests expectations and I truly hope that we exceeded your.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Laois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Would highly recommend this hotel. This was a real five star experience. The food was great and the staff couldnt be nicer. The rooms etc are lovely.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest Portlaoiseman,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor.

I was delighted to read your review and learn what an enjoyable recent stay you had with us. Thank you for the wonderful positive feedback about our hotel and our staff, it is very much appreciated.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

You can't go wrong here as the reviews state. I thought I had lost my prescription while dining in town. The restaurant was closed in the morning and we had to leave before it was opening. The manager suggested that he could go get the prescription if it was found there and mail it to me ASAP. Such a kind gesture on his part but this was the type of service we were given throughout our stay at the Hayfield Manor.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
perfeksie, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Guest GinaSeattle,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was wonderful to read through your review and learn what an enjoyable stay you had with us. Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted that we could assist you in any way possible with your lost prescription, this is an unfortunate thing to happen on a trip and we will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future

Warm Regards

Ettienne Van Vrede

Been to Hayfield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!