“Free Parking is the Only Positive” 1 of 5 stars

New Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Military Hill | St Lukes, Cork, Ireland (Montenotte)   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Rockville, Maryland
“Free Parking is the Only Positive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We spent two nights at the Ambassador. We should have never checked in. Our room was dirty especially the carpet which we asked to be cleaned two times after our arrival and it was never done. The toilet flushed with hot water and hot water came out of both sink taps. We reported this to the front desk and nothing was done to correct it. We had to use the bath tub cold water tap to brush our teeth! The walls were scuffed, toilet paper holder missing. You needed two elevators to get to the "remodeled" room. The location of the hotel was about a 15 minute walk to City Centre all down hill, ergo an all up hill climb returning. The staff was friendly but unable to get our issues corrected. The breakfast in the dining room was the worst we had in two weeks travelling through Ireland.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris C, General Manager at New Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear reviewer,

I would like to thank you for posting your feedback following your visit to the Ambassador Hotel Cork. It was with great disappointment that I read your review.
I hope you can trust through our guest feedback that this would not be a typical guest experience fro our hotel and services. Here at the hotel we have an ethos of guest care and comfort. For not delivering on this occasion to you, please accept our sincere apologies. Please rest assure I have spoken with our maintenance team and housekeeping team to ensure these issues are not reoccurring
If you would like to make contact with me to discuss in more detail your experience, please do not hesitate to do so.

Thank you again for your valued feedback,

+353 21 4539000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We only stayed one night for a celebration party we had in Cork. The carpets, paintwork etc were a little tired but the hotel has lovely character, it is a fine building & I loved it. The girl on reception friday evening the 7th june was really lovely, pleasant and efficient.She is a great asset to the hotel, I hope the managers know this ! we were in room 125, nice room, good shower, clean and bright. Had a good nights sleep, would recommend this hotel. Would love to return and spend more time there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris C, General Manager at New Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your valued feedback following your visit to the Ambassador Hotel Cork.
It is always great to have a review that appreciates the hard work the staff put in to make our guests stay more enjoyable. On a daily basis I feel very lucky to work with the team I have around me. I will be sure to pass your kind comments to the receptionist mentioned.

We hope you will visit us again soon,

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the end of May for just about a week. The first room I was offered was at the back of the hotel, just above the restaurant ventilation which was very noisy (I was told it turns off at 9:30pm but they did not turn it off until I complained about it at 10:30pm). When windows were opened, the smell from the bins at the back of the hotel was very unpleasant. After complaining about these issues and asking for another room, I was offered a room at the top of the hotel, overlooking the city. The view was wonderful, and the previous issues non-existent. The rooms are nice and spacious, the carpets deserve a bit more cleaning though. The staff was very helpful and made me feel welcome even after the complaints. It would recommend this hotel to anyone, just beware of the rooms at the back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear reviewer,

I am sorry your stay was disturbed by noise and other factors. I am also glad we were able to turn a negative experience in to a 4/5 review. I firmly believe we all can make mistakes in business, but it is how we recover from them that determines us as a quality service provider.
I would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked the Ambassador for my best friends hen last weekend and cannot speak highly enough of the place. While being an old hotel it is well kept all the rooms were immaculate and the bar and restaurant were nice, The staff were absolutely amazing we were made feel so welcome. Nothing was an issue. Thank you to Rhona there reservations manager for helping organise everything and Chris, Alan, April and the rest pf the staff for looking after us so well over the weekend we enjoyed every minute and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear reviewer,

We are delighted you all had such a great weekend in our wonderful city.it was our pleasure to look after you all.
I would like to wish the Bride & Groom our best wishes for the big day. Please remember us when you are visiting Cork again.

Brisbane Australa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Thank you Martha on the reception desk , for helping when my friend got sick. We were originally only staying one night but Martha helped find a doctor and then booked us in for another night (a very busy Friday night) when my friend was unable to travel.
The view from the 1st floor to the city was stunning and also from the 2nd floor on the 2nd night, unfortunately the smokers and party people all stand under the windows so there wasn't much sleep especially on the Friday night.
Parking is easy and the wifi worked in my room. If you don't like walking, then it is a fair walk up the hill from the town of Cork. Personally , I took a different way each time to look around.

Room Tip: Don't pick rooms above the front entrance , very noisy with the windows open. If you are cold, a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear reviewer,

I will be sure to pass you kind comments to Martha. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I was slightly worried about what we would find when we drove up to this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised by what we found on the inside. We had a lovely, clean room. The wifi worked great, and it was an easy walk to/from town. The only drawback was the breakfast, included in our rate, but it mainly had to do with the breakfast clerk who really seemed like she wanted to be anywhere else. But the hotel itself was charming and I would recommend it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

I would also like to thank you for recommending our hotel. I am sorry one of our team members gave the impression they didn't want to be at work. Hopefully you will have felt through your stay we have a happy motivated team of people who enjoy taking care of our customers. Hopefully you will return again and have a more positive breakfast experience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

• Shower not working
• Old tv, bad signal
• Room was very far from reception
• Lift very jumpy
• Iron not working
• Phone in room not working, had to walk all the way to reception with any problems

We were transfered to another room to next morning to have a shower, I was disgusted with the state of this room.

It was a room for disabled people with a manky wet room, full of rust and smelled really bad.

• Staff were rude...

WILL NEVER RETURN.
A hostel would gave been better.

No idea how they got 4 stars, very missleading....

• Stayed May 2013
Dear reviewer,

Your review is not a great read to be honest, I would like to get more detail on your stay. I want to address the issues you raised, but I would need more details in order to ascertain how your experience of our hotel, is vastly different from the typical guest review we receive. I am extremely disappointed that you feel our staff are rude. This is one area of the hotel where we always command high ratings.
I believe in balance in everything, so I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with us.

+353 21 4539000

Been to New Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork? Share your experiences!