“Good service, nice rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Silver Springs Moran Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dublin Road | Tivoli, Cork, Ireland   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good service, nice rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel is currently upgrading the bathrooms in all rooms. I just stayed in one of the refurbished rooms, very good size, bathroom really nicely done, great views over the river. Service throughout the hotel was good: friendly and efficient staff in the bar, restaurant and front desk. Food in the bar was good quality, freshly made stuff. Selection of beer was great, wine was OK. Breakfast was OK - quality of the food not as good as in similar priced hotels. The hotel was a little far outside of the centre of Cork for us. Car parking was very tight for larger cars (our hire car overhung the space by a good metre) and some spaces were really tough to get out of. The road on the front of the hotel is noisy - even on the 6th floor. The leisure facilities are "7-8 minute walk" from the hotel (there is parking there), which meant it was a bit of a chore - too much for us, so we used the bar instead.......
Not a bad hotel by any stretch (see the good reviews from others'), but probably not what we really wanted.

Room Tip: Decide whether you want a view of the river or a quiet room - I don't think you can have both!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Silver Springs Moran Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for the kind comments in relation to our staff and other aspects of our hotel, however I am disappointed to that your stay was not entirely satisfactory, and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you raised in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just back from the Silver Springs hotel. Enjoyable stay after a bit of a hitch the first night with my room. Food excellent and staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely surroundings and plenty of couches to sit to relax. I was on my own but did not feel intimidated to stay up in my room, I had my meals in the Bar and felt very comfortable. Wine list is good too. Breakfast was super with fresh Plaice Fillets or kippers included on menu every morning. Ideal location for me but if you want to go to the city centre its about 25 minutes walk but there is a bus service or taxis. At the moment they are doing some renovations so it was a little bit noisy during the day but work stopped at 5.30 each evening

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear 562Christine,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future. In the meantime should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely few days at this hotel. Excellent service. Comfortable, clean. Food was great & friendly helpful staff. Would go again and can highly recommend. The lounge area was comfortable with interesting views of the river. Location, just a few minutes from downtown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynda A,

Thank you very much for such woderful review.

We are delighted to hear that you had left with such great memories, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Just spent a brilliant weekend at this hotel, booked a 3 for 2 deal from their website which included one dinner. Fantastic value, the hotel is situated just outside the city centre but only 5-10 mins from city centre in a taxi. Warm welcome on arrival and friendly service during all interaction from the reception team. Same for restaurant and bar staff. The rooms are well appointed, the bathrooms are a bit dated but are spotless which is a credit to their housekeeping team. We exchanged our dinner included for a lunch on the last day and staff were very flexible about this. All in all a great stay, would highly recommend and will definetly return when in Cork next.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Silver Springs Moran Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Ciaran B,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and it is terrific to receive such great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and by then all our bathrooms will be refurbished, which hopefully will further enhance your stay.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Got a cheap last minute room in this hotel. It was an nice place. Parking was a bit annoying as upper level car park was hard to find in dark. The receptionist was very nice. The lift & corridors were shabby. The level nos were covered with duck tape. The room was okay. Was lacking a main light as we had to turn on all lamps to get proper light. The bathroom was shabby n old. The shower curtain stuck to me when showering VERY annoying! Over all it was worth what I paid but don't think I'd return

• Stayed November 2013
Dear 2011_louise81,

Thank you very much for writing a review in relation to your recent stay.

I am disappointed that we did not entirely meet your expectations, however I am pleased that most of the valid issues you raised are currently being rectified. You mentioned that the bathroom was dated and I am pleased to confirm that we were already undergoing refurbishment work on the top 2 floors during your stay, as we started renovating all our guests bathrooms. Hence the reason for the duck tape on the level numbers inside the lift, to prevent customers for mistakenly accessing those floors.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, so that we can show you that your poor experience does not reflect the normal way in which we operate, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

N.Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here to accommodate a sporting fixture we were attending. All good. reception staff were very helpful and courteous.Very helpful with arranging some private dining for our large group even though the hotel seemed very busy. Food and service were excellent. We thought the selection of beer a little limited but the staff are super. My only complaint was the malodorous smell in the corridor outside our room. If I need to go back to stay in cork I would book it again.

Room Tip: A fair walk from shopping areas in town
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Silver Springs Moran Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear trojanhorse,

Thank you very much for your review in relation to your recent stay.

We are delighted that you and your party enjoyed your stay, and I sincerely thank you for the kind words in relation to our staff, as they do represent our biggest asset, and it is wonderful when their effort is acknowledged by our customers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and if you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I visited this hotel 8 months ago and had mixed feelings about it but on my second trip back.. I can honestly say it was my most enjoyable overnight stay in a hotel to date. I managed to park right outside the entrance of the hotel. My check in was friendly and prompt. Juan, the manager was very helpful and took my previous experience on board. Was given an absolutely beautiful room. Spotlessly clean, spacious and for me the most important factor... the wi-fi was reliable and consistent.

Room service was prompt. Staff were exceptionally friendly. I cannot see myself staying anywhere else in Cork.. ever. Thank you Silver Springs!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Crystallamp,

Thank you very much for such wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and I am very grateful that you decided to give us a second chance to show you that your first impression on your previous stay did not represent the normal way in which we operate.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Front Office Manager

Been to Silver Springs Moran Hotel? Share your experiences!