6 of us travelled over to Cork for a long weekend and stayed at this very nice hotel, although old it has been modernised, except for the leisure facilities which isnt actually in the hotel but a good walk away up quite a steep hill within the grounds. The pool is quiet old and you are required to wear swimming caps which we didnt know about , also the lockers didnt lock. One the whole thought we really enjoyed our stay the food was good in the hotel bar and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little outside the city centre (around 15 euro in a taxi depending on the time of day/night)) The taxi drivers were also very friendly, and I would say it is too far too walk in to the centre of Cork although a few of our party did it, this would take about 40-50 minutes. The buffet breakfasts were really good value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in sylvan terraced grounds just 3km from the city centre and 11km from Cork Airport. With over 100 guest rooms, superb cuisine, versatile conference facilities, fully equipped leisure facility & exceptional service the Clayton Hotel Silver Springs has everything you need to make your stay as comfortable & enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Clayton Hotel Silver Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Springs Moran Cork
- Hotel Silver Springs Moran
- Silver Springs Hotel Cork