“fab,fab,fab......” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maryborough Hotel & Spa

You added Maryborough Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Maryborough Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Maryborough Hill | Douglas, Cork, Ireland (Formerly Maryborough House Hotel) (Douglas)   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Wexford, Ireland
“fab,fab,fab......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

hi,my husband and i stayed here on the may bank holiday 2013 weekend and the whole experience was wonderful.from the moment we walked into the reception to check in to the moment we left it was a very pleasent stay.the staff are sooooo friendly and that made such a difference.we stayed there on a 2 night package deal b&b and one dinner and the food was only delicious.my husband and i would definietly stay her again.even though we went as a couple i would also come back with our 5 year old daughter as it was very child friendly.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade as my husband did,and we got a fab modern room at no extra charge!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Cork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We booked a Communion dinner at the hotel and I have to state that the quality of the meal on offer and the portions do not provide what could be deemed "value for money". Starters and Deserts were of a high quality but the main courses were skimpy at best and did not in anyway reflect any effort to enhance the experience. Staff were quite good but the hotel really needs to appraise their offerering to ensure that they strive to a good customer experience and make the experience special for the child. From talking with other parents on their experiences on the day in other venues, it might be prudent to look at alternative establishments for this type of "special meal".

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Claudia C, Front Office Manager at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that your experience for this special occasion has not been a positive one.

An occasion like a communion should be one to be remembered positively in every aspect, including the communion meal. It is such a special day, not only for the child but also for the parents and I would like to extend my sincere apologies at this point if the quality of the main course did not meet your expectations.

Your comments are of great value for us as we strive to continuously improve the service we provide.

Please feel free to contact me on cczerny@maryborough.ie, should you wish to discuss your feedback further.

Kind regards,

Claudia Czerny
Kilkenny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Since 2007 we have stayed here once every year and each year I have felt standards have slipped a bit more and the quality of everything has started to drop...although prices aren't! Stayed for one night last weekend and while it was nice, the gap between it and the river lee hotel is huge! At one stage I had them on par but no now, having stayed in the river lee in feb, it wins- hands down!
The receptionist who checked me in, didnt look up at me once during the check-in, having already been greeted by 'yes', while looking at the computer screen!! Went to the room and one of the lights over the sink was blown, leaving the room quite dark and impossible to put on make up. I asked one of the ladies doing housekeeping to find out if someone could change the bulb and she was huffing as though it was a major inconvenience!! Had dinner but the menu and quality and presentation of food seriously standard in comparison to past dinner. Same to be said of breakfast, the buffet much smaller.
On the up side, the spa was as lovely as ever and a credit to the hotel. The staff are so professional and Rachel my spa therapist was brilliant and I had a most fabulous hour of relaxation.
So over all a nice stay but standard. I wouldn't be rushing back to be honest unless they had some great value offer so I didn't feel I overspent on a standard stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Carlow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The setting for this hotel is beautiful set among mixed woodland. The original house must have been very impressive in its day but personally I rather modern which is why I booked a spa bedroom (highly recommend). There is a lovely open bar/ foyer area. The spa/tranquility pool area is absolutely amazing and extremely relaxing. I have stayed in five star accommodation which was not as good as this. However the true jewel in the Maryborough crown is something which cannot be designed or purchased......its their staff, to one and all congratulations and keep up the good work, regards Andrew.

Room Tip: The spa rooms are worth the little extra.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of a day at the Spa at the Maryborough as a treat with my mum and sister, and it was heavenly. The spa was so tranquil and relaxing, and we were immediately taken in by the wonderful aromas of their divine espa products on entering the reception area. We relaxed in the Vitality Suite and relaxation room before our treatments, which was bliss, nice to just take time out, we don't do it often enough eh! We had a full body massage and facials, which were just divine. The therapist was very informative about the products she would be using and about what you would like to get out of the treatments. All in all, fantastic.. By far the best spa in cork! Headed for dinner in Bellinis Restaurant afterwards, and the food was superb. Service was top class, and the staff were very knowledgeable about the menu and had great recommendations on what to have. The added bonus of our table overlooking the stunning gardens was perfect- we could have been anywhere in the world! This was our first visit to Maryborough, but we most definitely will be back....Well done to all at Maryborough, you are definitely the leading Cork hotel in our book...

Stayed May 2013
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

What a pleasure to experience the courtesy and professionalism of the Staff at this hotel, my husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The gardens are a delight for relaxing in and having a stroll, beautiful colourful shrubs, flowers & trees, (if those trees could talk what tales they could tell). Looking forward to a return visit in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: When booking (if like me, long distance walking is a problem) request a room on 2nd or 3rd floors co...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We came across this hotel 3 years ago and have been back every year since. The staff are amazing and a credit to the owners from reservations to check in, restaurant & spa. We booked a jacuzzi spa room as a treat on this occasion and it was worth it, 1 small complaint was the room was way too hot. I mentioned it to reception and a fan was delivered to our room almost immediately. Our package included dinner and I have to say the meal was amazing. I had some spa treatments while there and these were fab felt totally relaxed and didn't want to leave. The Maryborough is well worth a visit and I can't wait to go back again :)

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Maryborough Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!