“Well located and good service.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rochestown Road, Douglas, Cork, Ireland (Douglas)   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dublin
“Well located and good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip, for one night. We were well looked after and had no complaints. The rooms were spacious and clean and the restaurant service was very fast and efficient. The only complaint was that the car park was well away from the main entrance and it seemed as if the hotel had been extended and now the entrance to the reception was away from the main car parking area. A small crib but if the weather was not good, it would have been less pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear skindiverDublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.I was delighted to read your kind words and share them with my team. I will certainly be investigating the hotel signage fully with my Maintenance team as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Head of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
Shillelagh Co Wicklow, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed for one night in a superior room, which was really spacious and clean, as was the bathroom. There was no shower gel etc provided.The bed was very, very comfortable. However, the lighting was so low it was impossible to read and reception said it could not be adjusted. The one lamp had a black shade which couldn't be removed. Upon request a very rickety extra reading lamp was provided, which meant that one person was ok. When I mentioned this to staff at reception, and commented it might be a problem for corporate guests who want to work in their rooms, they agreed that guests had complained before, but that it is the re-furbished rooms that have the problem! They also confirmed that the hotel ran out of shower gel the day before. We ate in the bistro; the food appeared to be from some kind of catering pack, and coffee invariably tepid. However, the staff were lovely [especially Iain] and we enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. The public areas are really spacious, and there was an excellent folk singer playing in the background. The hotel is obviously trying really hard, and in many ways succeeding, Hard to get it right all the time!

Room Tip: Some rooms facing onto busy road, but screened well, and not noticable with windows closed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear countrybumkin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read your feedback and see that some aspects of the hotel mainly room lighting and food quality let us down during your time with us. I was however delighted to read your kind comments on our staff particularly Iain who you mentioned so highly. I can assure you I will be going through all of your feedback with my Management team to make sure all your comments are investigated.

I do hope I can welcome you back to us soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the rochestown park hotel. The staff at this hotel are the best I have ever come across! The food was amazing. A group of us stayed here last year for their fota wildlife park deal we loved it so much. We booked a 40th birthday there. What a night! We will definitely be back again. Well done to all the staff top class customer service

• Stayed June 2013
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Rhurose,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your review and see that not only did you enjoy your stay but that you will be back again to us. It is great to read such positive and kind comments and I have shared them all with my Team.

I hope to welcome you back to us very soon.

Head of operations
Louth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am travelling to this hotel on 12th August 2013 and decided to have a wee look at the comments as you do. I am sooo pleasantly surprised by 2 things. 1. The comments about the Hotel, Staff, Food etc is very reasuring as some times you take a chance, but the 2nd point is far more important. The comments and replies from the Managers is fabulous. To know that the management at this hotel are clearly taking an interest in each and every person/customers experiences/comments is very very postive, maybe more so than the customers feedback. Well done and I am soooo looking forward to our family break there. Please keep up the good work, its nice to know that some hospitality services still care.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Catherine M,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted to see that our management response's are read by our future Guests and that this in turn makes our customers feel that we take all of there concerns and comments on board as we strive to make their stays with us an enjoyable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family to us in August and showing you the service and care my team are capable of at the Rochestown Park Hotel.

Once again thank you from myself and my team for your kind words.

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here recently as part of a week long "road trip" in Ireland,
The hotel was very welcoming,staff were very friendly and a the room was what you may term a suite. It had a large bathroom,colured mood lighting effects in the room and a huge bed.

The breakfast restaurant was spacious and you could choose yourown table.Staff did not rush you and the very friendly Chef greeted each guest as if they were the first of the day. The breakfast was excellent.

Food is generally of a high standard in Ireland with plenty of food on your plate wherever you go.This breakfast does not dissapoint!!

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Cork area. Five stars from me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear KathGus,

Thank you so much for taking the time to sahre your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read your review and share all of your wonderful comments with my team her at the Rochestown Park Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here again recently and it's a great place to stay . Beautiful room,great leisure centre and fantastic staff .
We had dinner in the bar and it was good,they need to find a new fries supplier though ,rock had and most of themnot edible,it was extremely busy though so maybe we were just unlucky.
Breakfast finishes at 10 even at weekends and really that's too early . Most hotels serve later at the weekend leaving you more time to relax before the drive home .
Our advice is to book a room only and forget breakfast . It is served on a lovely terrace off the bar until later so lie in and have it there . Be careful though as there is a lot of confusion about what time it is served until . The signs in the driveway say 12.45 , the flyers in reception say 12.30 and the waiting staff say 12 o clock !!
Still an outstanding hotel made even better if that is possible by great staff and we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear douggym,

Thank you so much for posting your review on tripadvisor and sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back for many more stays to come.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I booked a quiet, twin room with garden view and agreed a price with reservations by phone. When I arrived I was told all twin rooms faced dual carriage way. So I agreed to a quiet double garden view room. The room was very small, with black net curtains to block out the view of the wall approx six feet from the window. I rang reception and after much discussion,was told they have no other rooms available and it was the best they could do. I then went down to reception and asked to speak to the manager. Anthony was the duty manager, he was very pleasant and helpful and he agreed instantly to move me as they had plenty of spare rooms! New room was good. When checking out the next morning I was asked if everything was ok, I said yes but asked why did the fire alarm go off twice during the night. The receptionist corrected me rather abruptly saying it went off in the morning not at night. I did not bother arguing with her, but feel if I am staying in a hotel I expect to be able to sleep beyond 6.30am, when the second alarm went off. Reception staff could do with more customer service training

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear carmarDublin_Ireland,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read your review and see that you did not enjoy your time with us. I cannot apologize enough for the inconvenience caused and I can assure you I will be speaking with my Managers and team to make sure this does not happen again.

Head of Operations

Been to Rochestown Park Hotel? Share your experiences!