“Wish we could have stayed for longer” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rochestown Road, Douglas, Cork, Ireland (Douglas)   |
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Co.Kerry
“Wish we could have stayed for longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just back home after a lovely night away at Rochestown Park . We stayed in room 225 and it was one of the nicest hotel rooms we've stayed in - the bathroom was huge with a gorgeous big bath and lovely shower. We used the in room dining option - all very tasty and very reasonably priced.The bed was so comfy I wish I could have smuggled it home ! Breakfast service the following morning was busy but we were quickly shown to a table and well looked after by the friendly staff. Before we left we paid a quick visit to the leisure centre - thanks to Lorraine for all her help.
Looking forward to our next visit - hopefully before too long. Keep up the good work !

Room Tip: Room 225 is what I'll be asking for again next time !!
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Hotwhiskey,

Thank you so much for your wonderful Tripadvisor review. I and my team were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for all future stays to come.

I do hope to welcome you back to us very soon.

Head of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Rochestown park lately with my boyfriend and child. From the booking of it right to check in and check out they were so helpful. The breakfast room is a little dated in comparison to the rest if the hotel but the breakfast itself offers so much variety and the staff were so accommodating. I will be certainly going for another longer stay soon

Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Holidaymakers87,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online and for taking the time to share your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can continue to exceed all of your expectations for future stays.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

cork, ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I spent one night here in May and had an amazing stay. We had the pleasure of staying in a suite and it was pure luxury. The bed has got to be one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in, like sleeping on a cloud to quote my wife! We made full use of all the facilities and had a fab meal in the restaurant. We needed to recharge the batteries and this ticked all the boxes. Highly recommend a stay in this hotel.

Dear corkref,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your review and to see how much you and your wife enjoyed your stay.

I do hope we can continue to exceed all of your expectations for future stays.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed from Friday 10th to Sunday 12th May 2013. We booked a double room and it was really excellent. Checking in was good, staff friendly & efficient. Our room was in the newer part of the Hotel and was very modern and up to date. Not sure if Wi-Fi was available I did not ask about it but it was never mentioned to me and I did not see it in the information in the room.

The only problem we encountered was the background lighting around the top of the room. We could not turn it off and it definitely had an impact on sleeping on the first night. However, when we enquired about it the next morning the lady at reception was most helpful & told us about the small switches to operate it.
I would have no hesitation about recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: The older part of the Hotel where the Family rooms are situated are a little dated.
Dear JCF2010,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and had such positive about your experience. I am so sorry to hear that the backround lighting disturbed your first nights sleep and we are looking into placing an instruction sheet for the backround lighting in the guest information guide to make sure this does not occur again.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a great hotel, spacious, light and really well set up for a convention, conference, team event or 'thank you' from the boss.

Not to say a weekend there wouldn't also be great to use the hotel to explore the attractive area of Munster and surrounding areas.

I was lucky enough to get a junior suite and it was palatial, with lounge area, big bathroom, four poster and dressing room, I couldn't fault it in any way.

Some of the hotel will need upgrading at some point, but the way they have modernised the atrium works really well and older areas are not out of place.

Thoroughly recommended!

Dear groom_nick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and sharing your positive comments with others. I was delighted to read your feedback and I have shared all your kind comments with my team.

Donabate, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went here with my wife who is 7 & half months pregnant for 3 nights b&b incl a meal. This was a last treat to ourselves before baby arrives. Our room was gorgeous and very clean with great facilties. Our TV didnt work and it took 4 seperate visits over 2 days from porters and finally an elctrician to get it fixed. The breakfast was lovely with a great selection etc. Its dissapointing that such a nice four star hotel dont have a nice restaurant seperate to the bar bistro for your inclusive meal. The bar bistro has nice food but can be overly busy and noisy and you dont feel like you are in hotel on a break. Limited menu on the inclusive meal. Was very dissapointed when we sat in reception area in the comfy seats for my wife to relax and asked for a drink for a manger type gentleman to overrule the girl behind the desk and tell me to go to the bar myself as the bar was very busy! Found this shocking service indeed as the bar was far from jammed! Overall we enjoyed but wouldnt rush back.

Dear Barry B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. I was disappointed to read your review and see your comments on the bar food and the service for drinks in the Lobby. I can assure you this is not the level of service we wish to give our customers and I will certainly be speaking with all of my team in relation to your feedback to make sure it does not occur again.

I do hope to welcome you back soon so you yourself can experience the positive results of your feedback.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had our wedding reception in Jan 2013. From start to finish the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room on the night was magical and all of our guests were amazed. The food was absolutely devine.Elaine Cronin our coordinatorwas great. She accomodated all queries at any hour day or night. All the staff on the night were highly professional and nothing was a problem. I would highly recommend anyone planning a wedding to check out The Rochestown Park.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Nicola F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read your wonderful and kind comments on the hotel, food and staff for your big day. I do hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for all future stays or special occasions to come with us here at the Rochestown Park Hotel. I have shared all your feedback with my team especially Elaine whom you praise so highly.

Congratulations once again on your special day and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Head of Operations

Been to Rochestown Park Hotel? Share your experiences!