“Great Pampering from wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 9 Spas & Wellness in Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: Fota Island Spa at Fota Island Resort offers a great range of treatments and facilities. The facilities include a swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool and steam rooms. Treatments offered include beauty treatments, massages and facials.
Ireland
10 attraction reviews
“Great Pampering from wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Just home from an afternoon of pamering with my sis and niece. Fota has it all, great spa and staff. Can recommend it highly enough. looking forward to going back there again some time soon for another treat.....

Visited January 2013
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
All of us here at Fota Island Resort take pride in giving a warm and personalised service to every guest to ensure that they get to enjoy their stay fully. I am delighted that you got to experience this.

I will pass on your feedback to all the spa therapists as they are always delighted to hear that their work is being appreciated and that they were part of making your day at Fota Island Spa such an exceptional experience. I am happy to hear that you got to experience the great service we are known to provide.

We are very fond of our beautiful surroundings. We have beautiful walking paths around the island for which a map is provided at the concierge desk and I would highly recommend having a look at them whilst your next visit.

paddy in Ireland
5 attraction reviews
“Nice hotel but disappointing breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very nice 5 star hotel. Views are lovely from the rooms and the common areas. Nice bar and restaurant. The staff are very friendly especially the concierge who was more than polite and went out of his way to help me. Only drawbacks to this hotel is that it is so far away from anything and you really need to be able to drive to get anywhere. They do provide a shuttle service to Fota wildlife park which I availed of and as I know the area I got the train from there into Cork city to shop. However if you didn't knoiw Cork this would be hard to find and a taxi would cost about €25. Perhaps they should offer a shuttle service to the city aswell. As for breakfast it was very good except for the hot food which didn't arrive until we had eaten our cereal, cheeses, toast, croissants and had our coffee to finish!! We were just getting up to leave when it came to the table about half an hour after we ordered it. I wouldn't mind but it was only two poached eggs!! Only drawback to an otherwise enjoyable stay.

Visited December 2012
Cork
5 attraction reviews
“TLC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a joy to visit this resort - very friendly staff and felt great after leaving same. Will be back again in the near future

Visited October 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and the public.

We are very proud of our world-class facilities such as the golf course and spa. Our staff takes pride in providing a welcoming and personal service as it makes them happy to be part of a guests relaxing stay. I will pass your feedback on to our team.

niamh73
“Very impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel is gorgeous, our suite was absolutely amazing, so luxurious! The food in the restaurant was lovely and there was entertainment in the bar afterwards which was great! I would definitely stay there again.

Visited August 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. It gives me great pleasure to read your kind comments.

I will pass your feedback on to our members of staff, especially the chefs, as they will be delighted to hear that their work is appreciated by you.

All of us here at Fota Island Resort hope to see you again soon.

Cork, Ireland
14 attraction reviews
“Great Spa in Fota Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is one of the best spas I have been at. Great sized pool but you have to indulge is all the theats that follow like whirlpools, sauna etc. Great to finish off in the curved chairs in the relaxing room. You can easily spend a half day there. Gym there as well. Enjoy

Visited April 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience. I am always pleased to hear when someone has enjoyed the use of all the exceptional facilities Fota Island Spa have to offer.

All of us at Fota Island Resort and Spa hope to welcome you again in the near future to provide you with an even better experience. You are more than welcome to visit our Restaurant and try the delicious Afternoon Tea.