“Bad overnight stay stay” 1 of 5 stars

Maldron Hotel Cork
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   John Redmond Street | Shandon, Cork, Ireland (Shandon)   |
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Kildare, Ireland
“Bad overnight stay stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here Friday the 24th of May with my husband and two daughters. We had interconnecting which were beautiful, clean and spacious. I had an exam the following morning and none of us could sleep for the night due to hall door banging beside our rooms for the whole night. My husband mentioned this to reception the following morning to which he was told it would be looked at. I went off to my exam and when I returned my daughter showed me her foot which was bleeding quiet bad, she explained that they had been for a swim in the pool and as she was getting out there was a piece of broken plastic on the grate which sliced her little toe. I went down to reception to look for a first aid kit and was directed towards the leisure centre where a girl gave me some antiseptic wipes and a plaster. They asked where the broken piece was and said it would be looked at.
At no time did any of the staff show any concern or ask to see my daughter to see was she ok let alone offer a sincere apology.
I sent an email to the manager when I returned home to express my disappointment in the stay and he sent me back an email asking for my number so we could discuss the matter further. I sent the information on to him over a week ago and never heard a word form him.
This to me is very disappointing as apart form the door banging and the poor dealing with my daughter we would of returned to this hotel as we have family in Cork and travel there quiet often.
I've just checked my emails again and as of today I still have not received an apology or a message to see how my daughter is doing.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Whitburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Visited this hotel and spent two nights there. Very pleasant young man greeted us when we arrived, got to say the female receptionists weren't as friendly. This did not detract from a lovely visit. Hotel is well situated for getting around Cork by foot and although it is up a hill it was not too steep for me and I have problems going up stairs and hills. Had a bite to eat the first night in the bar, had to wait a wee while but it was enjoyable when it did arrive. Hotel is spotless and our room was spacious with twin beds.and these were very comfortable to sleep in.

Room Tip: If wanting twin then ours was no 530
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here last night as a last minute idea to get away for a night to Cork. Rang on Friday night to book. I was apprehensive as normally I would stay in silver springs. I was pleasantly surprised. Friendly staff, modern hotel with a big room. Great location for walking to the city centre. Will definitely be returning. Only thing I will say is get there early to avail of the parking. I arrived at 3pm and I got the last parking space in the car park around the back. Overall brilliant venue

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a 2-night stay - what a lovely hotel. Clean, solid, modern and with friendly staff. Big family room, comfortable bed, quiet, great shower, nice towels, great breakfast, and great swimming pool, sauna and steam room. The food in the restaurant is delicious (early bird menu very good value) and I had the most amazing steak ever. Good bar food too. Location is very good - right beside the Shandon Bells (you can hear them!) and about 5minutes to the city centre shopping areas. Will be recommending this to everyone and will stay here again. Thank you for a lovely stay! :)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Absolutley spotless friendly hotel.The room was lovely.The bed was the most comfortable ive slept in.Very clean hotel.Breakfast was lovely with plenty selection.Should be a four star.Would defo return to this hotel as it is great value also.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

had a lovely long weekend in cork at the maldron staff couldnt be nicer nothing was to much trouble. Our room was lovely very spacios hairdryer and coffee a tea making facilities, breakfast in the morning was lovely with a variety to suit all needs. It is also very central to the shops. There is also a bar where you can have bar meals which were lovely I will definetly be going back and recomending this to my friends. I would give this hotel ten out of ten would highly recomend it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely hotel and amazing room. Reception is lovely as is the breakfast room.
I cant fault the hotel on service or decor.

The parking was the only issue having to park in a multistory car park down the road ( 5 mins) but its up hill not good with laptop and overnight back and bits and bobs !!

Otherwise its a must if in cork !

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Maldron Hotel Cork? Share your experiences!