“Great B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parkview Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Parkview Bed and Breakfast
Wellington Road | St Lukes, Cork, Ireland (Montenotte)   |
Ranked #17 of 61 Cork B&B and Inns
New York
“Great B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Parkview is a great Victorian-esque B&B with wonderful views of Cork City. It is in a quiet neighborhood, but within a short walk to Cork City and the bus station. I had a large, bright room with all the usual amenities. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choices - wonderful brown bread, yogurt, fresh fruit - enough to set you up for the day. Finnbarr was an excellent host and I enjoyed our conversations. A great place to stay during a visit to Cork City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I got last minute tickets for a gig in cork last sun. Went online and found this gem of a b and b. The owner finbarr made me very welcome, gave me directions to the gig and which pubs to go to afterwards! The next morning I had a great breakfast with cured meats, freshly squeezed orange juice, homemade brown bread followed by a great cooked breakfast all served by his wife marion! Will definitely be heading back and if ur lucky marion will give u the recipe for her brown bread!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and my buddies where fortunate enough to stumble across this lil maze of treasure upon our random venture to the coronas gig last Saturday. The Hotel is a fine big beautiful victorian house with lots of modern facilities and decor. I fell in love with the two pet dogs that are generally kept out the back. Irish Breakfast cooked to perfection with a selection for almost anything you can think of which is an absolute bargain considered it's included with the price. Finbar and Marians hospitality was priceless! We felt so at home that we ended up staying an extra day. You wouldn't get it in the Gresham! We view Park view as our second home now and intend on going back quite soon! A spotless well kept hotel Great guests great craic! A four star hotel could never quite make you feel at home like the Park View B&B... so don't bother wasting your money!

- Jonathan

• Stayed June 2013
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Parkview is a lovely comfortable B&B in an interesting part of Cork with great views over the city. Compared to staying in budget suites or hostels which are in the same price range, Parkview is luxury accommodation. The rooms have tea/coffee making, wifi, hairdryer, tv, etc and beds are very comfortable. The hospitality of the owners, Marion and Finbarr, is outstanding, as mentioned in previous reviews. I spent a week here in 2010 and had a great relaxing time - could walk into the city centre easily but I also enjoyed the St Luke's area which is lovely and quaint to walk around. Great views from Parkview but even more spectacular if you walk up the hill behind. I have been back twice since when I have had work in Cork. There is also a lovely welcome from Rusty and Ellie - the dogs.

Room Tip: City view rooms are brilliant - you can see the river and the whole city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent St Patricks weekend in Cork and we really enjoyed our stay in Parkview B&B. The hosts were very nice and friendly. The room was very clean and warm and the breakfast was excellent. There was free parking and the city centre was only a short walk away. We would recommend this B&B to anybody.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

At the end of my holiday in Ireland, I chose to randomly visit Cork. While on the bus ride there, I called another B&B which was full. Thankfully, they recommended Parkview nearby which turned out to be a cherished experience of warm Irish hospitality and one of the most memorable highlights of my trip.

Parkview is a beautiful home that has all amenities for a relaxing stay in Cork: comfortable bed, great shower, delicious breakfast, lovely garden, wifi and central location at a reasonable price. The owners, Finbarr and Marion, are a great treasure of local information and laid out many great suggestions for my short time there (I suggest a day trip to Cobh. Only a short walk to the train station, and a short train ride). They went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable and even helped with excess items I needed to post home. Parkview was like staying with family. It was sad to leave but a perfect ending to Ireland.

Will most definitely stay there again on my next trip to Ireland!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tasmania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had an absolutely fantastic fantastic time here. After the dissapointment of of my first night in Cork in a heavily marketted hostel, I went hunting for a better option, and after a few enquiries and help from another hostel owner, I arrived on the doorstep of this place. Man I was impressed. It really felt like home, and the hosts really helped make it feel like home to. They were very friendly and welcoming, and they gave me a good deal on a single room, then they ugraded me to the king room on the top floor, with majestic views over the city and the countryside beyond. Fantastic location, close enough to walk to the city, far enough away for peace and quiet. And they do a good full Irish breakfast too. Will definitely be back if I ever get back to Cork again.

Room Tip: North facing rooms are single rooms, with views over the street. South facing rooms have the better...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Parkview Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!