“Something new” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 493 Restaurants in Cork
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Web site: http://www.electriccork.com/
Bellevue, Washington
“Something new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a very nice dinner at Electric. The choices for the meal were different that what we would usually see at home so we enjoyed trying something different like pheasant. We were definitely happy that the staff had informed us ahead of time that there might be buckshot in the pheasant as one of us did encounter a few pieces. Overall a very good dining experience!

Visited January 2013

• Polish first
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went mid week and it was brill for just that, a little quirky/retro but not over the top. Staff very friendly. Amazing fillet steak!! Big big portions.
Not the best wine list but that would be my own minor negative

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“It wasn't Electrifying!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Electric on Sunday with some friends for brunch. The staff were lovely but got our orders for coffees wrong and no water was brought to the table despite our request. The brunch menu is nice but three of us had eggs as part of our meal and they were all over cooked to the point where the yolk had gone hard. There was a great atmosphere in there but I don't think the staff in the kitchen or on the floor are able to deal with such a volume of people.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Good bar food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am in two minds about electric. The starter was mediocure but the main was amazing. The waiter couldnt have been nicer. The toilets are a bit strange, you have to go into the bar and the sink area is comunal and in view of the bar. I didnt like washing my hands next to a drunken man!
While I enjoyed the food and the service having to go through the bar and the strange bathroom set up would stop me returning again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cork
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice and the first time was almost enough to convince me not to go back again.

I took my friend here as a treat and was really looking forward to a night out. I ordered the Chicken from the menu and when it arrived I noticed it's unusual consistency. I asked the waitress if there was a chance the gravy contained milk or cream. Apparently it did. I am unfortunately lactose intolerant and requested that if possible the gravy be removed. The waitress was nice enough and told me she had let the chef know that I couldn't have dairy.

For desert as everything else came with ice cream, I ordered sorbet. Sadly the sorbet that arrived was not, and was instead ice cream and the wait staff did not seem too concerned when this was brought up.

Overall though the food quality was average.

On my second visit, we ordered a platter from the bar and that was so much better. I will return again but I'll be very careful when making an order in future to be sure to double and triple check the contents of the food.

• Visited December 2012