“Very Nice, Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Imperial Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   76 South Mall, Cork, Ireland (Centre)   |
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Nice, Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We planned on spending 3 days of our 10 day trip to Ireland in Cork. This hotel had the best price plus a spa so I decided to book with them. I booked directly with them instead of through a 3rd party and got the MOST amazing price. The room is normally 259 Euros and we got it for 119 for the 1st night and 84 for the next 2. Ireland is different from most other countries in that it was a banking holiday weekend and so that was the reason for the price break. It also meant that the spa was closed as were most of the pubs and restaurants. It didn't matter because the hotel was so nice. Our room was so large it shocked us. Everything was new and clean, was much nicer than the photos on their website. The lobby was so welcoming, staff so helpful and the bar was a nice place to relax. We spent almost every evening in the bar after a day of sightseeing because the atmosphere was so enjoyable. The room was a little stuffy and I mentioned it to the housekeeping staff the 1st morning. By the time we returned to our room they had brought us a fan without us even asking. Very nice touch. We were disappointed about the spa being closed, also found out there was a charge for it when the website made it sound like it was included. It still was a very nice place to stay. Parking was farther away than we would have preferred but it was only a few blocks away and included in the room price. We quickly got used to it and enjoyed the walks. You must have the breakfast! Best Irish breakfast in all of Ireland!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Right in the City Centre within walking distance of all the shops,bars and restaurants, this was perfect for my business trip to Cork. Very large well-equiped bedrooms by modern standards with good sized bed and bathroom. All the facilities you need are to hand. Downstairs are a choice of restaurants and a bar.Very helpful charming staff.Car park not far away.Lifts to all floors. Buffet style breakfast means you can each as much as you like, but I still prefer fresh cooked breakfast brought to the table.Very traditional old feel to the whole hotel, which I found to be generally well kept.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy with passing traffic, and the ones on the side street can be noisy l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

After my boyfriend having complained (also on trip advisor and to management) at the Imperial Hotel Cork, I felt I needed to update my review. Talk about a turnaround! The manager offered us 2 nights free accommodation (in a MUCH better room) and were nothing but courteous and nice from our arrival to when we left. I like that the Imperial took our comments on board and ensured that we would stay there again by treating us in such a way. This I feel is extremely important and I cannot fault them for helping us have a lovely weekend. We had a lovely breakfast and ate in the restaurant for dinner because we felt guilty! but the food and service in the restaurant was excellent. I would stay there again because of the way our complaint was dealt with. When leaving, I also received a small little bag of treats from the spa which I thought was a lovely personal touch. I would stay there again and I do highly recommend:)

Room Tip: I didnt try the spa so I can't comment.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
dublin, ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here for a night and I really enjoyed the location, it is right in the centre of cork. The hotel is old and has a nice feel to it. Some of the rooms have been refurbished and are very nice and some of them are a little tired looking. The reception staff were very good and pleasant. The breakfast was good and there was a lot of variety.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel is convenient to many attractions. Lobby and coffee shop have a nice appearance. The staff at breakfast tends to rush....clearing your plate almost before you have finished your meal!, The rest of the hotel is tired and shows a lot of wear! Carpeting has snags in it. Pieces of large furniture randomly placed in the halls that serves no purpose. A couple of the tables in the hall had missing feet to them. Avoid room 402 - especially if you have difficulty with stairs. Elevator takes you to 4, but one must walk down a hallway, then down several steps that have a very marginal hand rail (can't really grasp on). (OSHA would not approve!) The room has very tired looking carpeting, a saggy twin bed, a step up into the bathroom (safety hazard...especially if you need to enter the bathroom in the middle of the night!! ) one desk chair. Electrical outlet is behind desk - hard to use when one wants to charge batteries for electronic devices. ( Have to either crawl under the desk or move it out from the wall) TV stand has water stains from beverage glasses. If you open the window for fresh air, be warned - the street is very noisy - people talking into the wee hours of the night, then very early in the morning 4 or 5 am they start to roll the metal beer kegs down the street....it is an echo chamber! Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid 402 too noisy, safety hazard with bathroom
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Last weekend I celebrated my 40th Birthday in the Imperial Hotel Cork. We had the dinner party in the Le Duchesse Suite. It was all organised by the wonderful Lorna the banqueting manager. The room was exquisite with welcoming fireplaces and soft lighting giving it a cosy atmosphere. We had our own great staff for the night…Thanks to David and Alison. The service was excellent the food was outstanding and extremely tasty. As it was a birthday celebration we had decided to stay the whole weekend. When we were booking the room we spoke to the very helpful Louise in reservations she really got us a great deal and a superb bedroom with Jacuzzi bath. As a part of the weekend break we had treatments booked in there exclusive spa. The spa really lives up to its name, as from the moment you walk through the doors you truly escape into a world of relaxation. The hair salon is very handy for those hair emergencies. On the Sunday to finish off a fantastic weekend we ate lunch in the hotels well know restaurant The Pembroke. Again the food and service was just exceptional and we were served by a very friendly woman called Joanne. I would like to thank all the staff for their brilliant and friendly service all weekend and I have no hesitations in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

1 night getaway , concierge found us free parking on the street , nice quiet room as requested - literally two minutes walk from pubs restaurants and clubs. Great bar behind the hotel - crane lane . Would return!

Stayed May 2013

Been to Imperial Hotel? Share your experiences!