“Something Special about this Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Cork
“Something Special about this Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had dinner in Bunnyconnellan twice in the last month. On occasion a return to the same restaurant, in a short period of time, can be a disappointment. I can however state that this was not the case here. The food in this restaurant is excellent.
On both occasions I was part of a large group (9/13 people) and as you would expect had takers for possibly all starters and main courses. Without exception all comments were positive. If there were a negative comment it was that the portions were large particularly the Caesar salad and Chowder. All mains were complimented but most praise was for the the Black Sole (Fish of the Day) and the Duck which was exceptional.
Deserts from a choice of three were also well received particularly amongst the ladies. The wine list complimented the food and was not expensive.
This wonderful restaurant with a “World Class Outlook” is hitting high standers. With its bar (also serving food) it’s Conservatory and outside BBQ area there is something special out this restaurant

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“Getting by on the view”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been going to Bunnies for years as we have a summer home nearby.
Although we spend less time in Crosshaven these days, we like to take family down for a special treat and have made the trip frequently since the renovations.

However, we were horribly disappointed the last time we went down. The restaurant was freezing cold and unpleasant to sit in. The staff were lazy and rude. 2 of the bar men continuously pointed and laughed at a couple sitting outside behind us.

The food was appalling. My seafood chowder had a huge bone in it and when I quietly mentioned it to the waitress, I was told 'this can, eh, happen, with like fish?'. Great response had I choked.
My boyfriends salad was 2 or 3 lettuce leaves with a mound of what looked like packet bacon & chicken.
The sauce on main course was so salty I could barely eat it. Even my 10 year old nephew noticed this.

We were so disappointed that a stalwart in our family favourites, performed so terribly.

I for one will not be bringing people back there!

Visited October 2013
Bunnyconnellan, Guest Relations Manager at Bunnyconnellan bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Hi there, we are terribly sorry you had such a disappointing experience with us. Is it possible for you to contact us privately via reservations@bunnyconnellan.ie? We would like a bit more information about the evening in question. Hope you can help and thanking you in advance.
Cork, Ireland
“We all loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Decided to go out at short notice and called for a table. No room in the main "bar" area so were placed in the restaurant area which is not quite so nice but has the same menu.

Three different starters - fish pate, scampi and chickpea something - all very tasty and nicely presented.

Mains - turbot with chorizo rice, fish and chips, Thai red curry and a spicy lamb burger - everyone happy. However would suggest that serving naan with Thai curry not necessary nor was it particularly good.

Nice choice of desserts but too we were well sated by then. One brownie with four spoons to check! Passed with flying colours.

A little expensive @ €135 including wine and a couple of soft drinks but all in all a very nice meal.

Cork
“wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We celebrated our Daughter's wedding at Bunnys. The location is unmatched for scenic sea views in Cork. The food was excellent and the reception area was excellent. When the flowers and table dressings were added the restaurant looked spectacular.
Our daughter lives in Australia,at present,so much of the organisation devolved on my wife. Laura, the event manager could not have been more helpful, nothing was a problem and she had many helpful suggestions. She seemed honestly enthusiastic in her help and almost as excited as we were about the occasion.
The staff were helpful all night and the barbecue later in the night was a big success.
the only drawback might be that they can only accommodate 75 people. However, on the other side that makes a smaller wedding much more intimate.
I could not recommend Bunnys more highly

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Somewhere in the middle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The location is stunning and the restaurant is very clean. Had seafood chowder for starter, quite tasty but alittle too creamy. The starter was served with a bland lump of brown bread I think, far to dense and heavy. Daughter had fishcake which was very tasty. For main I had lamb shank with lumpy mash and 2 slices of carrot, lamb was nice but the lack of veg didnt make the meal very balanced. Daughter had blt and chips, nothing special there. Daughter had banana split which looked pretty good, I skipped desert. Middle of the road for me but might give them a second go if im there again.

• Visited September 2013