“Great food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Banna Thai

Banna Thai
15 Maylor Street, Cork, Ireland (Centre)
021 4251571
Neighborhood: Centre
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I love Thai food and this was good Thai food. The mixed platter is lovely, and leaves you wanting more. I followed up with a delicious massaman curry and a mixed pad thai. Staples in most Thai's but both done really well.

Attentive staff, a nice relaxed evening out.

• Visited September 2013

Paris
“Always nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Discovered this in Ballincollig first before the one in townand I would say that the restaurant there is better than the one in Maylor St. . The dining room is nicer and the food is nicer too...I suppose it depands on the chef.

Visited August 2013
Wexford, Ireland
“Pity we didn't get the Thai Smiling Welcome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I shopped till I dropped in Cork and then made my way to Banna Thai for a much needed lunch. I was keen to show my sister this lovely restaurant. Unfortunately, we didn't know it closed at 3.30 p.m. after lunch and we arrived at 3.25 p.m. We were begrudgingly shown to a table and were informed that the kitchen closed at 3.30 p.m. One of the many charms of Thai people is their smile and their greeting of you. Such a pity it was lacking here. (I can understand the time constraint, but.........)
The food was outstanding. If you order spicy here, be warned, it'll be SPICY, just the way I like it. My sister had Chicken with chili and basil and I had Massaman Curry. Both were delicious.
We were never given the option of having dessert!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cupar, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ordered a takeaway meal for 6 adults and 4 children. It was good quality food, professionally prepared and packed. The entire group ate very well for around 60 euros. Friendly service which had the food ready at the time agreed. Thoroughly recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food at very good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Every time we come to Banna Thai the food is excellent , the service is adequate and the price is very good too which is not the norm I find in the cork these days!
Hopefully restaurants like these are more common in the future - good deals at an affordable price without the bells and whistles