“Why don't we go here more often?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gourmet Burger Bistro

Gourmet Burger Bistro
8 Bridge Street, Cork 0, Ireland (Montenotte)
+353 21 450 5404
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 457 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Montenotte
Cork, Ireland
“Why don't we go here more often?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The answer is probably because we always have Internet deal vouchers for other places. This is probably best described as Cork's northside's answer to the Liberty Grill on Washington Street. While probably not quite at the same heights of demand and food variety and presentation as its southside counterpart , the Gourmet Burger Bistro nonetheless offers a wide variety of burgers and other bites to suit all palates. Burgers may be cooked to medium here by the way so ensure that you say you want it well done if you don't want any pink/blood. Had chicken wings for starters which were nice enough. My wife had a chicken burger that she loved and I had the 'Greek' lamb burger. Really enjoyed the burgers. Washed mine down with a lovely craft ale from Dungarvan Brewery. Skipped dessert as we didn't really need it. Service was friendly and attentive and there was a good buzz about the place with the crowd being very mixed. Look forward to eating there again soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Coquitlam, BC
“Great Hamburger "Joint"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Actually, the decor and ambiance of Gourmet Burger Bistro do not suggest a hamburger joint at all BUT you will be served one of the best burgers and fries you've ever had the pleasure to enjoy! The burgers and fries are very hearty so come with a good appetite. It would probably be best to make a reservation for the weekend as we went on a Friday evening and were very lucky to be seated as the restaurant was very crowded.

Visited September 2013
Cork
“When a burgers not just a burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were back at Burger Bistro for a Christmas night out, about 12 of us and to a man everyone had a great meal, we had a mixture of starters I had the bruschetta which was fabulous and and burger from the specials menu, venison burger which was seriously the nicest burger I have ever eaten, a few lads ordered salads and received a bit of ribbing about it untill the salads came out piled high with onion rings and tonnes of meat, will be something I'll try next time!

Was stunned to see the last review and being a regular customer I honestly find it hard to believe.... all I can say is try the place for yourself you wont be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Very bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for a meal here after looking online and seeing great reviews for the place. But the experience we had ended with me in tears at the way I was spoken to by no less than the owner. My boyfriend ordered his burger plain and was disappointed when after a 25 minute wait the burger was covered in salad and sauce. Since we were going to be paying so much for it and since he looked so disappointed I said he should just tell the nice waitress that he had actually ordered it plain. She was lovely and took it straight back and apologised. We waited for maybe another 15 minutes at which stage unfortunately my meal was cold as I wanted to wait to eat with my boyfriend - after all that was the whole point... The burger that came out next was almost raw - we were fairly horrified. There were blood stains on the bun, blood drizzling from the burger and when he cut it to have a look it was pink right out to the edge. I was immediately turned off my cold food which I had hardly eaten and my boyfriend was rather shocked. We decided that that was enough and we were not prepared to wait for a another burger. When we pointed out to the waitress that the burger was undercooked she said that it was 'medium' but said no more when we showed he. But she didn't come back to us after that. So we walked up to the till and we spoke to the owner. He remarked that all that was wrong with the first burger was a bit of lettuce, and that my boyfriend should have said 'plain' (when he did), he smirked in an incredibly condescending manner and barely made eye contact. We were upset and explained our case stating that we would pay for our starters and drinks and leave. Then a fight ensued with the owner shouting at me that I would have to pay for my burger seeing as the kitchen had sent us out three and it was our fault that we were not being happy. I asked him for his name at that point and to my surprise he told me - Michael Condon - and sarcastically asked me if I would like to have him spell that for me. When I asked how dare he, he told me to 'whisht a minute'. I have never been spoken to in such a manner by a grown man who is meant to be a professional. He should truly be ashamed of himself - speaking to anyone the way he spoke to us. I just feel sorry for his staff because I can only imagine how abusive he must be to work for if that is how he treats his customers and neither we nor ANY of our friends or family will ever give that man business.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The best burger I have ever tasted! The choice was fantastic and the fries and coleslaw finished it off beautifully. Really good service and great value. I would definitely visit again when I am back in Cork.