“Good food - Cozy atomosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Cork, Ireland
“Good food - Cozy atomosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been here both for lunch and evening food. Lunchtime is carvery and sandwich menu. THE nicest carvery I've ever had. I'm not a fan of Cavery but here it looks and tastes so much better.
Evening food is lovely, wonderful atmosphere, even in the middle of the week theres a nice buzz in the restaurant, and a warm roaring fire. Just watch the extras - for example if having a curry you cant have half chips/ half rice they charge extra. & I was having one of the Burger options and asked to swap the Bacon and cheese element for some fried onions but was informed I'd be charged extra for this swap.
Banoffi is yummy!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
TheElmTree1, Owner at The Elm Tree, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write this very re-assuring review. We greatly appreciate and value feedback and yours ticks all the boxes we strive to achieve in relation to the carvery.

Warm regards

Midleton, Cork
“Better food experience this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

As per my previous review I returned to The Elm Tree with a group of 15 for a birthday party. My only concern from my previous visit was the quality of the food. I have to admit that I did avoid what I had ordered previously. I had the Prawn salad starter and the steak. Both were excellent. Presentation was excellent and the steak was cooked perfectly, and it tasted like someone cared about what was leaving the kitchen. I also have to comment about the pate starter, excellent presentation and tasted great. The staff were friendly and attentive and we were accommodated with plenty of room at the table. The wine was good and full bar menu kept everyone happy. It would not be my favorite place to go for a meal in East Cork, but I would good back if the occasion required me to. Notwithstanding, I would be very happy to go there for a couple of drinks, with the option of eating. Very good all round.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
TheElmTree1, Owner at The Elm Tree, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I really do appreciate that you made a follow-up visit to us in The Elm Tree. You're detailed review was very concise and positive. Thank you very much for the great food reviews which I have converyed to our chefs (as this will absolutely brighten their day!).

We can't be favourite restaurant to each and every person. This I understand and appreciate, however, I am more than happy that we'll see you again in the future.

Warm regards,
Owner
“Excellent lunch. Banoffi to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here recently with my husband. Both opted for the chimichangas. They were lovely if a little too hot for myself. A previous reviewer commented on the use of old oil for deep frying. I have experienced this before in different places and it is vile to say the least. Using old oil is a big no no. However the chips I had in the Elm Tree were lovely and fresh.
We had the banoffi/pavlova for desert and I have to say it was stunning. Huge portion so my husband and I shared. Lovely experience. Great staff also.

TheElmTree1, Owner at The Elm Tree, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for uploading a review in relation to the chimichangas and chips, together with the banoffi pie.

I am so pleased that you concur with us in relation to oil. This is something I'm adamant about so it's very frustrating when you see a negative comment in relation to this. Chips are more than popular here in The Elm Tree and the chimichanges are an ongoing favourite.

I do think you were probably wise to share the dessert as it's a decent portion so sharing is good when you want something sweet... but not too much!

Thanking you again,
Have a nice weekend,
cork
“Will certainly recommend this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had lunch here recently with my wife and brought my elderly mother along also. It was a weekday and the lunch set-up was carver. Wow.....what a choice and everything is to perfection.....the veg was done with a lovely bite in it and very generous portions also. Excellent choice and we all had a dessert to round off the meal. Lovely atmosphere and the decor of the place has a real plush feel to it, even the ladies and gents have not been over looked and you get the feeling you are almost in a 5star hotel.. It is obvious that a lot of effort and thought has gone into the design of this restaurant. Staff are more than helpful and obliging. It was really busy the day we ate there and you got the feeling that most of the customers were regulars which does say a lot about a place. I overheard some of the staff refer to the customers by their first name which is actually a nice touch in todays busy world. Well done to the management, staff and proprietors for getting it so right......an absolute asset to eating in east Cork....we will be back!!!

Co Cork
“Gorgeous main course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Definately try the supreme of chicken with sausage meat patty.....unusual and soooooooo moresome.
Staff are always super - lunch & evening time, and it's always good to see the owners mingling with the guests.