“Excellent Night had by All!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boardwalk Bar & Grill

Boardwalk Bar & Grill
Lapps Quay, Cork, Ireland (Centre)
+353(0) 21 4279990
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #103 of 457 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Continental, Bar, Grill
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Neighborhood: Centre
Cork
“Excellent Night had by All!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Corona Lounge at the Boardwalk is the perfect party venue!! Had my Birthday Celebrations there at the weekend and I have to say the team could not have been more helpful - nothing was too much bother! The were absolutely fantastic from start to finish! The food was excellent, all my guests commented that there was plenty of it too! Sincere thanks to all the crew who looked after us and helped make my party a complete success!! We are already looking forward to a return visit! Thanks guys!

• Visited November 2012

Waterford, Ireland
“Great value and choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had dinner here with my son and found great choice on the reasonably priced menu, our food was delicious and the service couldn't be faulted.

Visited June 2012
CorkGerri
“8 of us will not ever return.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We all ate there last April for my friends birthday a happy occasion. We all ordered our food,
a lovely waiter served us. Starters were average, then main courses came, the steaks were all mixed up people that ordered rare were getting well done, my lamb cutlets the only person that ordered lamb were well done I had asked for medium rare. So as you could imagine plates were swapped about. One of my friends got her main course when we all finished. A good while into our mains a lady actually not a lady a very rude person checked our table but at that late stage of checking our table it was too late to
send food back as she requested but it was the manner she spoke to us was truly unacceptable nearly shouting at us. We were all shocked. What was a special occasion made us all very upset We all will never return.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cork
“Great food and atmosphere and good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We dined here at very short notice last Saturday night. I was a little dubious as although i had heard good things about the food, i find that the reputation can exceed the reality....not so here! The staff were excellent and plentiful. The food was even better tasting than it sounded. Great specials. I had a huge starter of mussels with outstanding brown bread. My husband is still talking about his chowder. The mains of steak and cod 'special' were fab. Lots of extras on the table, veg, beautiful garlic potatoes and lovely home made chips. No pannacotta unfortunately and as we were driving, no wine but the wine list looked ok. Not cheap but really good value for money. Bar looked good, busy and nice food. Parking underneath and a lift straight to the door. We will be back. Try it, you'll like it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Most enjoyable Jazz Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Spent Sunday afternoon of Jazz weekend at Boardwalk and it was great. Very busy but managed to get a good seat. Despite how busy it was we got table service for our drinks and all the staff we dealt with were very helpful. Had really nice lunch which was great value for money. Will definately go back. Well done to all.

• Visited October 2012