“Really good!” 4 of 5 stars

40A Cornmarket Street, Cork, Ireland
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cornstore Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 456 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: The Cornstore Cork is a lively restaurant located in Cork City Centre. Our ethos is good food, sourced from local producers. We are ideal for all types of eating out in Cork including groups, entertaining business clients, romantic dinners and special occasion dining options. We are an award winning, top restaurant in Cork city. Our awards include best customer service, best cocktails and we were Gold Medal finalists for Best Restaurant. We have many recommendations from top critics including Paolo Tuilio, Georgina Campbell & Lucinda O'Sullivan. A night in the Cornstore will definitely be a good night out in Cork, great food, great atmosphere and great cocktails, a defninite must dine experience.
“Really good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

An excellent place to eat steak, I haven't had such a delicious steak for a long time. The sirloin was unavailable so I was given the alternative of a round steak, which was perfectly fine and I really enjoyed it. However, I still got charged for a sirloin which was a little disappointing. But I would go there again to give them a second chance.

Visited February 2013

“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

-Amazing location.
-Excellent staff.
-Very clean and fantastic interior.
-Suitable for wheelchairs and children.
-Cool atmosphere.
-Delicious food...

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bantry, Ireland
“Nice place,handy for shops”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The restaurant is well appointed and the service is good with friendly staff. The food was well presented but lacked taste appeal and a good dose of Gaviscon was needed afterwards. I will go back to this venue and give them a second chance.(may be the Chef was having a bad day) don't we all.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“Great atmosphere in the center of Cork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Really nice relaxed atmosphere with live music creating a nice ambiance. We had the prawns and chicken wings for start which were both excellent. Had the veg cannelloni and the Bouibassi (fish stew) for the mains. Both tasty enough but not too spectacular. The dessert was very nice and overall the early bird of 3 courses for €25 in the center of Cork is very good value

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“The Cornstore, Cork. Much nicer visit second time around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

When I was here in March, I gave the restaurant a deserved 3 stars, I've upped it this time to 5. Only management and staff at the Cornstore will know what has been done to improve the overall service. I can summarise my visit by saying the staff were very attentive, our waitress was very efficient and nice and the food was excellent.
None of these three excelled in March, though I have to say the circumstances were different.

The cornstore aptly named after the street it is on - Cornmarket Street. Is a very old and historic buildiing with a very nice contemporary interior.

5 of us met up here for lunch, and we were impressed. We were welcomed as we entered (which makes a change) and taken to a table. Our coats were taken from us and hung up near us. Nice not to have to drape them across chairs etc.

The menu is very varied, something for everyone, a nice wine list and if you feel like making it a real liquid lunch, then there is also a very good cocktail menu available. Seating is very comfortable.

I had the Little Piggy burger, which is a shredded pork burger served on a bun, with a small salad and a little tower of perfectly cut home made fries. A side of very nice apple sauce accompanies.
My friends, had the baked salmon on a risotto, The Halloumi Salad and Sirloin steak. All looked delicious.
There is a house wine by the glass, by the bottle or a full wine list. We had a few glasses of the house wine and they were delicious. The Sauvignon Blanc in particular was fantastic.

Desserts looked great but none of us participated -well, it is January, after all. Good coffees were taken instead and yes, they were very good.

Staff are very attentive, we had a particularly good waitress at our table who deserves 10/10.
The only thing that was lacking a little today was the atmosphere, but that was not the fault of the restaurant. It was not very busy there due to the extremey bad weather which kept diners either in their beds or at their desks !!!

I visited the 'Gents' while at the restaurant and I must say 12/10 for this facility which is incredibly well maintained and spotlessly clean. If I had to, I'd have eaten My Little Piggy burger off the floor !

Definitely recommend for lunch or dinner anytime.

• Visited January 2013