“Had a great time” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Co Clare
“Had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I really liked this hotel. I loved the bar. It was comfortable and had a nice atmosphere. The bar staff were very efficient and very pleasant. I was able to watch rugby there which was a bonus.

The bar food was particularly nice. We ate there on both nights and despite getting a wrong order once, the food was very nice indeed. Best bar food I ever had I could safely say.

There was a really good buffet breakfast and while I don't usually, I had a cooked breakfast and it was really good. The big mushrooms particularly were delicious.

This is a nice hotel. The location didn't bother me as I wanted some place quiet. It's not too far from the train station if one wanted to go to Cork or Cobh for a few pints.

Nice, quiet, friendly, appealing and a hotel I am looking forward returning.

I saw one review from someone complaining about the location of this hotel. Why did you stay there so? All the information was on the website.

Free wifi is always an added bonus in any hotel and it worked everywhere I wanted to use it.

Well done all.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Moira, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

I was very pleased with my stay here, I found the staff to be very attentive and knowledgeable and despite the hotel being busy, they handled the pressure well. I was surprised to find PowerPlates in the hotel gym and despite the water being a little chilly at first, I enjoyed the pool with its different 'zones'. I do agree though that the hallways are very hot! Breakfast was incredibly good. Cannot wait for my next stay there! I didn't care that the room overlooked a BMW garage as it was quiet. The location just off the M8 meant that everywhere was within easy reach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Stayed in this hotel with my partner following a previous disappointing vist as we'd been given a complimentary 1 night stay to make up for our previous visit! Stayed 2 nights [one paid for by us, one complimentary]. Receptionist on check in was lovely and efficient. From then on things deteriorated! We went down for bar food on our first night. After a long wait to be served and an even longer wait for my starter , my starter arrived with my partners main course [he wasn't having a starter]. When we requested that both main courses would be served together, the bar manageress had a "hissy fit" stating "I decided to serve his food with your starter as how could you want him to watch you eat when he has nothing" When the bill came, they wanted to charge us for the starter I didn't have! When we requested a refill of the brand of soft drink that I was drinking, we were told the hotel didn't stock it, despite there being a full shelf of it behind the bar! When my partner pointed this out to the bar manager, she dropped the basket of cutlery she was holding on the floor in temper! Very professional! The next night, due to our just wanting something quick to eat, we returned to the bar, a big mistake! After waiting 30 minutes and trying to attract a staff members attention, we left and ended up getting room service. The bar wasn't even full or that busy, which was frustrating. Our other issue was with the cleaning of our room. On our last two visits, we vacated our room at 10am and passed by housekeeping on our way out and drew their attention to the fact that our room was vacant. Both times we didn't return to our room until about 3pm and our room had still not been serviced. When I eventually found housekeeping and requested clean towels, she muttered in her own language, which was very unprofessional! On check-out, the receptionist wasn't that friendly and nor did he ask if our stay was ok. Being honest, from his manner, I knew he didn't care what our opinion of the hotel was.

This is a lovely hotel and while it is situatied a bit out of the city, it is in a great location for touring. Sadly, it is the staff who destroy the reputation of this hotel by their total lack of interest in the customer and their disinterest in providing the service expected in a 4 star hotel. Due to our last two visits being disappointing and frustrating, I really doubt if we'll be back again and we definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
blee_ba, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
To whom it may concern,
After reading your review of the Radisson Hotel Little Island I have been forced to request that Trip Advisor.ie remove the comment as I was a witness to the scene you describe. The story you have fabricated is completely untrue in every shape and form.
I feel it is completely insulted and degrading to the staff members you have mentioned in this review as there is very little recourse that is available to them. There has never been an occasion where any of the staff members of this hotel (past or present) who would have acted in the way you have described. You are of course entitled to your opinion of any hotel; however my objection to the vailidity of your opinion is the inaccuracy of your comments which I can testify to be completely and utterly unfounded in every sense.
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

Brilliant staff
Contemporary rooms
Nice bar
Conference Facilities well furnished
Swimming pool and gym adequate
Great base for business travel and sightseeing around Cork
15 minute drive from airport
Near train station to Cork city

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business