“Good for business” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Good for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

On business in Cork for first time so took the gamble with internet search engine and recommendations from Trip Advisor.

Didn't arrive until late but staff were friendly and efficient for check in. Room was very spacious and had all the amenities that a business traveller could require. Only concern was I was given a twin room and don't sleep that well in single bed, but was too late and I was too tired to ask reception for a swap for only one night.

Plenty free parking and free internet access included in room cost which is always a winner for the business man.

Had dinner in bar rather than restaurant and found the food to be of a good standard, although a bit cold on arrival. The breakfast was ok, standard buffet for €15 which seems the going rate in these types of hotels at present.

One issue I did have was locating the hotel, entrance from business park is not well sign posted.

Best testimony I can give is I would probably go back when next in Cork.

Room Tip: Based on my room all seem good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, November 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife,2 kids (aged 7 and 3) and I recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cork and had a great time. The room was very spacious, immaculately clean and perfect for our 2 night stay. The Leisure centre was one of the best we have ever used and the kids just loved it. Again it was obvious that cleanliness and hygiene was of the highest standard. We dined in on both nights and found the food excellent. The kids menu was perfect so our 2 boys went to bed very happy looking forward to their breakfasts which once again, met all our expectations. Well stocked with a large selection of hot and cold options. Overall, food-wise, we would give it 10/10 as kids can be sometimes fussy and hard to please but they were totally satisfied and happy. We were offered a prompt checkout by a lovely receptionist who guided us through our bill ensuring we were happy with everything before we settled up. On a last note, our enjoyment of the hotel and its facilities were always the main concern of any staff members we dealt with over the weekend and we will definitely be back in the mid term 2014.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that both yourself and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for the mid term, perhaps the children will go to our kids club in the evenings.

Kerry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband on a weekend break. The hotel and staff were amazing, that is all but one. Ian the trainee manager (as I was informed) is the most arrogant and rude person I have ever met. The way in which he spoke to me was very very rude and for future reference I will be taking my buisness elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2013
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, November 15, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was shocked to read your review and of how you felt you were treated in our hotel.

I would very much like to discuss this review in more detail with you.

Castleblayney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here in early October and to be honest hotel was nice also the room but the food was very poor, sour milk for breakfast was not what my wife or I wanted before heading to a wedding. When complained initial contact person was polite but after that we were just fobbed off at every occasion, receptionist well she was a disgrace, and wouldnt even look at us never mind apologise for inconvenience, she just carried on doing nothing regardless. totally unacceptable in this day and age, We will not be going back here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, November 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for your experience during your stay with us.

I would like to assure you that this is most certainly not a standard which we strive to achieve here at the hotel.

I would love to have the opportunity to discuss the matter further with you.

Should you wish to discuss this with me, please dont hestitate to contact myself directly at 021 4297000.

Nenagh, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here end of October , used two rooms interconnecting due to teenage family , very handy. Pool is devine, food in bar is lovely. Only flaw we can think of is noise from motorway at nighttime. Wouldn't put us off coming back though. Definitely recommended

Stayed October 2013
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend in October. Overall hotel is ok but set in the middle of corks industrial estate. First impressions are the hotel don't match the photos and receptionist was very rude and explained nothing to us. Breakfast is worth the extra and make use of leisure centre

• Stayed October 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please dont hesitate to contact myself directly.

Kinsale, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My fiance had a really unacceptable experience with this Hotel yesterday.
We live in Waterford – he was in Little Island Business Park for training with work.
He called the hotel early in the week to reserve a room for himself for Thurs night and for the following Mon & Tues night.
He reserved the room with his Visa Debit Card – as neither of us have a credit card. He was told this was not a problem on reservation.
As he was getting paid at midnight on Thursday night he intended on paying when checking out with his Visa Debt Card.
When finishing training yesterday he went to check into the hotel. He was told by the receptionist that he had to pay for his room there & then.
He could not pay on check out. He had to pay on check in. She was insisting on payment with a Credit Card.
As neither of us have a credit card and at that point he had insufficient funds on his Debit Card – he was left with no option but to cancel his room & drive home to Waterford. This is really highly unacceptable treatment. The receptionist was really unhelpful also. She had no interest in resolving the situation with him or in helping his case.
She had his Debit Card number from booking – why couldn’t he pay on check out with this card? The card number was already reserving the room? What exactly was the problem here? Is it normal for your hotel to insist on all bookings to be paid up front with no negotiations? Any hotel we have visited previously, the first question we are asked is – would you like to pay on check in or check out.
Really Really unacceptable treatment from a really really unhelpful receptionist.
So, you’ve lost a reservation for Thurs, Mon & Tues – sorry for you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was sorry to read of your Fiances experience when he came to check in to the hotel.

Should he wish to discuss the matter further, I would be delighted to speak to him.

He may contact myself directly at 021 4297000.

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork? Share your experiences!