“hospitality at its best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Cork
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
lurgan
“hospitality at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

stayed here as it was closest hotel to an event we were attending and needed extra help from staff as my mother just broke her hip but still wanted to attend , I have to say the staff could not have been more helpful and I have never experienced such quick and enjoyable room service in any hotel in the world and I have been in a few. I not only recommend this hotel but although it is a few mile from Cork city itself I will stay here in future rather than closer to city center.
We also needed an extra room unexpectedly staff were helpful with our requests for extra beds specific floors etc

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade to business class as these have very nice coffee machines as well as tea making f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and also your comments in relation to our wonderful staff.

I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

From the moment we arrived until checking out my wife and I could hardly find fault. Starting with the friendly helpful staff,the spotless room, the excellent food to the very relaxed atmosphere we had a wonderful two night break. We would certainly recommend it to friends However some things that could be looked into are the humming fans on the roof during the night, not being able to control the heating and no extra bed linen in room. We had such a nice time that they were only slight inconveniences . The pool gets a special mention, well worth a visit

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, May 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have relayed your feedback to the Management Team of the hotel.

i hope to welcome you back to Cork in the near future.

San Francisco Bay Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Even considering we were spoiled at our previous hotel, we had difficulty with the accommodations: the room never seemed as though it had been cleaned. Dirty glasses from the day before were still where they were left, half full of melted ice. It happened twice, requesting a recleaning the first time. No change!

The dining room was dark and kept that way, in my opinion, so one would not notice the dirty carpeting. Just dreary overall and left a night early for relief.

The train is convenient but quite a hike on foot (no shuttle). Fortunately we went to Dublin one night so stay was shortened by two nights. Wait until I tell the travel association.

Thank goodness for a good manicure and facial... Pool seems popular with local families with children.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was disappointed to read of your experience during your stay. This is not a standard which we strive to achieve.

We are due to carry out refurbishment on both our Restaurant and Lobby Area this summer.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly at 021 4297000.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a hard time finding this hotel as the address simply gave the road - Cork Road - and our sat-nav suddenly stopped working. The receptionist was apologetic and advised us to check on the hotel's own web site.
The staff were always friendly, helpful and clearly well trained. Breakfast and dinner were good, as was our room 197.
The one negative was having no control of the heating. The one smallish radiator went cold after 9.30 and the room quickly went so cold which left us having to go into the bed to keep warm. I complained to a receptionist the next day who told me that the heating would be addressed the following evening. It wasn't and the corridors were hotter that our bedroom.
Nearby restaurant was The Rising Tide and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, May 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though we were hard to find.

I was terribly sorry to read about the issues in relation to the heating in your room.

I have passed your feedback to our Maintenance Team.

Shannon, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went with my wife for the long weekend to say 2 nights and first impressions was a nice hotel, but if you intend to stay in any even instead of going out you will be disappointed as in there is no music, entertainment and gives a very boring feel to it. They do have a place to serve drinks but it has a restraint feel not a pub feel and the reception area is so open its doesn't feel comfortable to sit there either, This was said to us by two other couples as well.
The main problem was that they have two single bed are put together instead of one double i asked to changed the bed to double mattress but was told all beds are the same.
If you are going bring your own soap because there's is a tick as water and does nothing

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, May 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the atmosphere in the hotel and I have passed your comments to the General Manager.

Should you wish to discuss any of the issues further, please dont hesitate to contact myself directly at Edel.Caulfield@radissonblu.com.

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel over 10 times on business, it's because I'm so happy with the service and rooms that I always return. The rooms are always clean, the staff are very helpful and the breakfast is excellent!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork.

I was delighted to read that you enjoy your stays with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork in the future.

Newbridge, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Lovely hotel, stayed one night over a w/end. Rooms were lovely and had very comfortable beds. The staff were lovely. It is a bit of a distance away from the city and unfortunately a bit pricey by taxi to the city centre. Designated driver for the night might be better. Lovely bar in the hotel if you are planning on staying just at the hotel for the evening. Over all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Edel C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our beds to be very comfortable.

We are extremely proud of our staff here at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork and I will pass your comments in relation to friendliness to them.

I hope to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork in the future.

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork? Share your experiences!