“Good location but not quite 4 star standard” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good location but not quite 4 star standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

we spent 2 nights at the radisson blu. It is a nice clean hotel with courteous staff. The surrounding area of the hotel is very industrial - beside Harvey Norman and a plant hire shop but location wise for touring around cork it is great. We went to Fota island one day which is 10 mins down the road and spent the 2nd day sight seeing around the ring of cork.

The facilities in the hotel are good but not quite up to 4 star quality in my opinion. The swimming pool is nice but a bit on the small side when there are a few people in it and with children playing you can't get a proper swim.

The first night we had to ring down to reception as there waS a lot of noise on our floor. We do not usually complain but we let the noise continue for some time hoping they would quite down. Reception sorted the problem out within a few minutes.

The hotel is also quite warm particularly in the corridor areas and the air conditioning does not seem to be very effective. We had our windows open the whole time we were there.

Breakfast was very nice with a good assortment of food. Overall a nice hotel and good location for sight seeing.

• Stayed August 2012
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you found our location convenient, the hotel clean, breakfast very nice with a good assortment of food and also our staff curteous. I am also glad our reception team resolved the noise issue on your floor.

I am unsure as to why you think that the hotel is "not quite 4 star standard" as you do not elaborate on this. I would welcome you to contact me on my direct line 021 4297050 to discuss this matter further.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Amy Quilter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Co. Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Radisson hotel is a great place to stay,eat or have a wedding reception. I had the experience of all of these recently. My daughter had her reception there and I could not praise the staff or the food enough. Everything was perfect from start to finish. If you are thinking of having your reception there don't hesitate, its great.
The rooms are very comfortable, we had one with connecting door great for families. The breakfast is self service plenty of choice and tasted lovely. I have had Sunday lunch here on numerous occasions it is all self service, the roast beef is the best I have eaten in a long time. So thank you Radisson for everything

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent 5 Star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork. I am delighted that you had such a great experience here recently for your daughters wedding.

I am glad to read everything was perfect from start to finish and I am delighted with your praise of our staff and food. Many thanks for your kind comments on our Sunday lunch buffet I will be delighted to relay these to Chef, it is always good to have feedback, and I will also pass on your kind words to all the team here.

We look forward to wellcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Family just returning home after very enjoyable stay in this hotel, have three kids and got interconnecting rooms at quite reasonable price, v hard to get in other hotels. We all had a fab time, plenty of space in the room, two bathrooms, tvs etc. Breakfast was great, v good quality, there is a small playground outside the restaurant, kids loved it, leisure centre was great, everything was very clean. It is very close to cork city, fota, we took a lovely trip to kinsale. You would definitely need a car as it is outside the city. The only drawbacks we could see were the quite expensive food in the bar and restaurant and also the lack of decent options for kids, the lack of air conditioning in the rooms, we needed to open the windows at night but the road outside was very noisy. Also the huge smoking chimney nearby was a little offputting but it didnt bother us too much. The chambermaid added little touches like folding the kids pjs on their pillows. On the whole a thoroughly enjoyable stay

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you and your family had a very enjoyable stay here with us recently. I am glad you found that our rooms had plenty of space, thought breakfast was a very good quality and that your kids really enjoyed our outdoor Kids play area.

I am glad you had a chance to explore Cork and all it has to offer, we are indeed conveniently located to Cobh, Fota Wildlife Park, Kinsale and Cork City. I am disappointed to read that you found food choices in the bar and restaurant expensive, we do offer a comprehensive childrens menu or they can indeed choose half portions. We also feature all menu's on our website.

Once again I am delighted you and your family had a very enjoyable holiday with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Like most big hotels, it's a mix of business and tourist. On a wet monday night in July, this big hotel was full. Modern, spacious and well laid out, we were hoping for a comfortable and quiet sleep before returning to Scotland. However, our room was above the delivery bay and large trucks were delivering from 6am onward - so sleep wasn't wonderful.

The swimming pool was strange but great - full of bubbly spa appliances which our 8 year old loved. However first time I've been in a steam room that had plastic garden chairs to sit on!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork recently on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you found our hotel modern, spacious and well laid out. I am sorry to read your sleep was disturbed, I can assure you that deliveries to the hotel at this time of the morning aren't the norm and we have spoken with the driver in question about this. We request all deliveries to arrive later in the morning so as not to disturb our guests.

I am glad to read you made use of and enjoyed the complimentary facilities of our Hydrotherapy treatment pool during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

kilkenny, ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed just the one night but the hotel is lovely and new, great bar food, great breakfast but most importantly, lovely swimming pool. We really enjoyed our stay as it was with family members and very close to Fota and also not far from shopping at Mahon Point.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed a lovely stay here with us, enjoyed the food in our Banks Bar, at breakfast time and that you loved the complimentary facilities of our Hydrotherapy treatment pool.

I am glad you found the hotel convenient for visiting Fota Wildlife park and Mahon Point. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork again in the near future.

ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Family rooms were good value as you got two rooms rather than sharing.

Staff very friendly

Good choice of food for coeliacs. Very knowledgeable .

Location can be off putting but we used our car and train and it's good to be outside the city to avoid traffic.

Swimming pool was excellent.

Recommend the hot chocolate for breakfast:))))

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that you found our family rooms good value during your stay & I am delighted that you found our staff friendly. We do indeed cater to coeliacs, all our soups & sauces in the hotel are coeliac friendly, great tip about the hot chocolate at breakfast!

I am glad you found our location to be convenient and close but not too far from Cork City Centre. The train takes 7 minutes to reach the city from the Little Island Train Station. It is great to see that you made use of our hydrotherapy treatment pool while staying with us, it is indeed a big hit with families.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Had the pleasure of spending a lovely weekend away at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in Cork. I took my girlfriend there for a night recently and was impressed by the hotel from start to finish. Before we checked in we noticed that there was a function on which we realised was a wedding and when we checked in and got to our room we saw that it was right over the reception and next to the wedding venue. We asked at reception if it would be ok to change to a different room to avoid and noise from the wedding later and they were able to arrange this for us without any fuss whatsoever. We didn't have a meal in the restaurant so I can't comment on the food there but found the bar very nice and comfortable and with a nice relaxed atmosphere as well. We did go to the restaurant the next morning for breakfast which was one of the nicest I have had in any hotel with loads of choice and when I asked for come fried eggs these were done specially (rather than in a tray under hot lights as is usual in some places) which I was delighted with. In short our stay in the hotel was great from start to finish and I couldn't find anything to say against the hotel at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy Q, Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent 5 star review of the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork recently on Tripadvisor. I am delighted your girlfriend and yourself enjoyed a lovely weekend with us and that you were impressed with our hotel from start to finish.

I am delighted you enjoyed our Super Buffet Breakfast and found that it was one of the nicest you have had in any hotel with plentiful choice.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to review the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Amy Quilter

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork? Share your experiences!