“Our stay at Blarney Golf Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kerry Rd, Tower, Blarney, Ireland   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Blarney
Bandon
“Our stay at Blarney Golf Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful . The room was very comfortable and warm .The food was very nice and nicely presented. The only flaw would be the internet was very very slow .. other than that we enjoyed our stay thank you :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We took a mid-week break just after St. Patricks weekend, and the hotel was like a ghost town. The Bar was closed till 6pm and the restaurant was also closed till the weekend. The hotel staff were very friendly & also helpful. There was meant to be wifi in each room but it did not work, only in the lobby. Food was a little over cooked & arrived under 10 mins of ordering, leans towards microwave cooking. Breakfast was nice, but the poached eggs were half raw...

Room Tip: Go during the weekend, might be a little livelier unless you want a very quiet time.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Conor O, Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Blarney Golf Resort. I was dissapointed to learn that your stay was unsatisfactory and would like to apologise for the experience you encountered. I would be grateful if you would contact me direct to discuss your experience further.

Yours faithfully

Eamonn Murphy
Deputy General Manager
eamonn.murphy@blarneygolfresort.com
021-438 - 4477
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel about four times, and I loved it each and every time. I have stayed in both the main hotel and the holiday cottages. Each time it was a "girlie" break, so we did the Spa treatments and the leisure centre.

All over the hotel, in all departments, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We were made to feel very welcome, and nothing was too much trouble for any of them.

The overall cleanliness of the hotel was second to none and the food was outstanding!

Well worth a visit whether you are on business, a romantic break or a relaxing time out with your family!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Blarney Golf Resort, Guest feedback is very important to us and I am grateful for the time you taken to inform me of your stay.

I was delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was taken here for my birthday to relax and unwind and that is definately what I got. The whole hotel is very swanky and lovely, quiet rooms that are big and airy and beautiful, room service is yummy and service was great. Food in the restaurant was actually a highlight and we even came back for the buffet two weeks later with the whole family because the food was so nice.

I would like to pass on one message to the spa staff though, I didn't want to say it at the time but the lady that did my stone massage was so nice and it was a lovely massage but she does need to be conscious of how hard she presses on peoples ribs with the stones, she raked them over my ribs to where I was bruised afterwards, the leg, head and face massage was all lovely though. Its just some constructive criticism.

Final thought: Do not book here if you do not have a car or money for taxi as its a good 10-15min drive from Blarney township.

Room Tip: Rooms with terraces are very nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for review on Blarney Golf Resort. Your feedback is very much valued, and we appreciate the time you have taken to write your review.

I was delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and glad to see that you availed of all the facilities available to you. I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team, and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

San Luis Obispo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband, myself and our 2 children aged 10 and 12 stayed the first week of Jan for 4 nights. We stayed in one of the self catering lodges, like a townhouse, door opens to open plan sitting room, downstairs wc and kitchen with empty utility room, upstairs with 2 ensuite bedrooms, 1 double and 1 twin. A few disappointments when we arrived pool had closed early and children have to be out of the pool earlier than adults 7am daily (I think), There are tv's in both bedrooms and one in the sitting room but there were only 2 remotes. The shower was broken in the double bedroom. There are no electric outlets beside the dressing table and mirror therefore it is impossible to use hairdryer etc. so we had to ask for an extension cord. There is an outside light at the front and back door but neither were working. We requested all items to be fixed when we were going out the next morning and they were by the time we had returned that evening which was good but it was a shame that they hadn't been noticed prior to us arriving. We ate in the bar the first night and that was the only meal we had in the hotel, very basic, only ok, would have expected much higher quality. Frozen chips used, children's meals were mixed up, 1 had asked for beans and the other hadn't but the beans were on the wrong plate when waitress brought them, they were in a little side dish and she just took them off one plate and pushed them onto the other. All other meals we either made ourselves or ate out!!!!

We made very good use of the pool and the spa, the spa treatments were lovely and the staff were lovely it would be a lot more pleasant if there was a relaxation room and use of robes and slippers. It was pleasant and we made the best of it but I would not be returning too soon. It was very hard to find, it's not actually in Blarney but in adjacent town "Tower" and not well signposted.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Blarney Golf Resort. Your feedback is very much valued and I appreciate the time you have taken to inform us of your stay. I would sincerely like to apologise for the experience you encountered

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in person regarding your stay and would be grateful if you would contact me direct.

Yours Faithfully

conor.otoole@blarneygolfresort.com

021-438-4477
Leamington Spa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We needed a base while visiting family and this proved to be good value for money. The rooms are extremely spacious and clean with everything for an overnight stay. The mattresses definitely need replacing but otherwise a comfortable stay. Breakfast is a full Irish with additional choices of cereal, fruit etc. Again good value for money so don't expect anything special.The staff were extremely friendly and we would not hesitate to stay again. Did not make use of leisure facilities so cannot comment on spa and pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Blarney Golf Resort. I was delighted to learn that your stay was a enjoyable one, and that you received excellent value through your stay. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Blarney Golf Resort for two weeks over Christmas and New Year. We booked on the basis of the website which promises, among other things, “absolutely stunning” accommodation.

There is no way on earth this can be described – as it does on the website – as “beautifully appointed”, “absolutely stunning”, “a special living space”, “furnished to a high 4 star standard and fully equipped with all modern conveniences”. This is simply not true. When we arrived, the “lodge” – not a lodge at all but a self-catering unit/apartment – was a shock. It’s really spectacularly awful and I will let my photos speak for themselves.

If this was advertised as a two star, three at a push, motel type accommodation, it would have been fine. However, the ‘lodges’ are simply not as advertised and anyone booking on the basis of the description on the website will be bitterly disappointed – and angry.

On the upside, the location is good; the gym and pool are good and the staff are generally pleasant. Cork is a great place to visit, but the Blarney Golf Resort lodges are letting the side down in a very big way indeed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure? Share your experiences!