“Comfortable lodge stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Blarney
Canberra
“Comfortable lodge stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed in a 2bedroom lodge.
Arrived early evening. No lights on just all of the three televisions.
And left early morning meant the kids did not get a chance to use the pool. Be aware kids only have access to the pool during certain hours.
Lodge was very spacious and comfortable. However some fixtures and fittings were a little tired.
We only stayed the one night but could have easily stayed longer.
Having the kitchen with microwave and oven would have made preparing meals an easy option.
Each bedroom had its own bathroom one with a bath and a third toilet downstairs meant plenty of amenities for the whole family.
Basic selection available at breakfast.
All staff we encountered were friendly welcoming and ready to help.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Blarney Golf Resort. I was pleased to learn that you had a enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Conor O'Toole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
FORT SMITH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel was very clean and the room the most spacious we have experienced in Ireland. The bathroom was also spacious and roomy. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet. The staff at the front desk were helpful and very friendly. The property is remote so eating choices are slim. We ate in the bar and the food was passable, not exceptional for the type of hotel.

Room Tip: We had a garden view room without a balcony which was fine since it was rainy and cold. Staying in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We enjoyed a large family room with comfortable beds and modern bathroom. The hotel was very comfortable, however the breakfast was very disappointing and certainly did not match the quality of the hotel. The hotel is located in a more remote location so it is difficult to find other local options for meals.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Conor O, General Manager at Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Blarney Golf Resort. We appreciate the time you have taken to inform us of your stay.

I was delighted to learn that your stay was an enjoyable one. I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed over Halloween in one of the golf lodges which is essentially a 2 bedroom house.
Very nice but could be better maintained as lamp shade were held together with cellotape, water damage in kitchen ceiling not repaired.
the "free wifi" was frustratingly slow and eventually gave up.
The swimming pool was not great for young kids as the toddler pool was vey shallow and small whilst the main pool was too deep for young children (5 +8).
Overall it was a good base for a few days but it is not a luxury break but for what I paid it was ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review. Your feedback is important to us.

I was disappointed to learn that your stay was not to your satisfaction, we have since addressed these issues and rectified the problem areas. I would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I Recently Stayed At The Houses In This Hotel And I Have To Say They Were Perfect . Lovely , Clean , And Loads Of Space To Run around And A Kitchen With Everything You Need. We Had Great fun Up There As We Went Up With 4 Other Families . The Only Bad Thing About Our Stay Was The Swimming Pool Staff . I Am Not Saying That There Was Anything Wrong With The Pool Itself , As It was very clean . But The Staff Where Very Bitter . At First , When I Went In With My Father The Lifeguard / Gym Receptionist Was Passing Comments That My Father Could Not Handle The Other 5 Children Which He Had With Him , Which Was An Insult Was He Has 5 Children Of His Own and Was Well Capable Of Minding Them And Their Parents Where Just Around The Corner ( What You Get for Doing a favour ) . Another Incident was When I Went Up The Pool Reception To Buy a Pair Of Armbands And I Was 20c Short So I Asked Could I Pay By " Laser " Debit Card . I Was Queried Buy The Receptionist About Who's Card It was . I Told Him It Was Mine and He Looked Back At Me With The Most Appalling Disbelief In His Eyes . Then He Took Me Card And Put In The Machine. Then Another Receptionist Came From the Gym And Again Queried Me About The Card And Asking How Did I Get It And Telling Me That I MUST have Loads Of Money Then . ( F.Y.I , You Only Need To Be 12 To Get A Laser Card With AIB ) I Was Deeply Offended By This But Carried On. I Put My Pin In And Then The Receptionist Told Me I Got My Pin Wrong but I don't think he even gave the machine time to load , so .... I Donno . I would Still Strongly Recommend This Hotel But Just Don't Take Too Much Notice Of The Pool Receptionist

P.S. Another Person Was Saying That There Where No Bath robes But You Could BUY them For €10 but to be honest , I couldn't be bothered .

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf resort.

Our team in leisure centre are very experienced and professional at all times, and I don’t believe this time was any different. The safety of children in the pool area would be one of our highest priorities, and on occasion the team have to enforce this safety, to ensure the comfort and confidence of other pool users, I believe the members of staff on duty acted professionally on this occasion, with the health and safety of other guests being there priority.

Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I are just back from a 2 night stay in Blarney Golf Resort. Now maybe I expected too much and had my hopes up too high but overall I was disappointed with this Hotel. It wasn't all bad, the staff are very nice and friendly and the bed was comfortable, really spacious room and the AC was easy to use and not loud. Unfortunately, there were too many other small problems that just annoyed me! Firstly, we arrived at 4pm, hungry but nowhere in the hotel to get something to eat until after 6pm! I wasn't looking for much a sandwich in the bar but the bar wasn't even open. Had the bar been open we could have relaxed with a drink while waiting for them to start serving food. I know it's November and off season but if you stay in a hotel that's not within walking distance to a town/village you at least expect that you could get a sandwich! We did eat in there on Saturday night and it was really nice. Now, again maybe i expect too much but it's a 4 star hotel - here's the list, no proper amenities in the bathroom (ring reception if you need a shower cap!), no bathrobes (i can get over that), TV that didn't work, thankfully my husband was able to fix that himself but everytime it was switched off the same problem again once switched on, plug on hairdryer broken! As i said alot of little problems which just irritated me, oh yes the bathroom didn't look as though it had been cleaned very well (that i cannot get over!). It's a pity because this hotel has the potential to be an excellent place to stay but too many corners being cut! Sad to say I don't think we'll be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Blarney Golf Resort, your feedback is important to us.

I was disappointed to learn that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I will investigate to how you experienced such occurrences, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience and your disappointment.

dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed in one of the lodges for 3 nights last week.

First the positives:

Lodges are nice and comfortable and spacious.

We had dinner one night at the Clubhouse which was very good and the bar staff were very helpful.

The Swimming pool is nice and big and good for famillys

The negatives:

At checkin I was asked for a deposit of 250.00 euro for breakages or damages, I'd appreciate it if we were on a stag weekend or a group of guys but for a young familly its a bit much, when I questioned it I was told sharply if you had a problem with this you should have called us. On a number of occasions asked a few questions and got very short answers.

The lodge had 1 cup, 1 mug, 2 plates and 9 egg cups, great if you like boiled eggs but not for a self catering lodge with a familly of 4.

The TV was hit and miss, had to ask for some channels to be tuned in and one tv didnt work which we reported which was never fixed,

Overall found the customer service very poor, breakfast in the hotel was basic, some mushrooms and hash browns etc wouldn't have gone a miss.

When I asked to speak to the manager on checkout I got no real apology just a shrug of the shoulders

overall very disappointed

Room Tip: Bring cups and plates
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Blarney Golf Resort. All feedback is very much valued.

If I may first address the deposit required on arrival, this is standard procedure in the hotel, and on making your reservation you would have had this explained to you, and it also is highlighted in bold, on your confirmation letter.

I was dissapointed to learn that your overall experience was not to your satisfaction, I will certainly take your comments on board.

Conor O'Toole

Been to Blarney Hotel Golf & Leisure? Share your experiences!