“Well worth the wait!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Well worth the wait!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I've been promising myself a visit to Blairs for ages because of all the good things I've been hearing.
We arrived to be greeted by Duncan and Richie,had a drink at the bar then shown to our seat.
I had mussels in white wine sauce and my wife had a Goats cheese parcel with a beetroot sauce which were stunning.
For mains I had a 12oz Ribeye cooked to perfection with veg,wedges and pepper sauce while my wife had Chicken Supreme on a chorizo mash,both were exquisite. The desserts of Apple pie and Choc brownie were huge!
Service is great,very homely,no rushing with the staff always passing checking that all is ok.
At €78 for two 3 course meals of such magnitude it's a must stop on anyone who likes good foods list of restaurants!!
Will be back as soon as possible!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DuCork, Owner at Blairs Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thanks a million for taking the time out to post such a fabulous review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your evening here. We really do appreciate the comments. It makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Thanks to everyone else who has taken the time to write reviews about us and apologies for not responding to all of you individually. All your feedback and comments are very welcome. Hopefully we'll see some of you over the Christmas holidays. It's definitely our favourite time of year. For those of you that can't make it, have a great Christmas and thank you for all your support throughout the year.

Keller, Texas
“Excellent stop when kissing the Blarney Stone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Blairs has always been a favorite. It is a wonderful pub resturant with the fires lite and snug, too. Portions are big so consider sharing. It is family run and you feel the Irish welcome. It isn't far from the Blarney Stone, but need to get directions as it is one of the best kept Irish secrets! No tourist buses here!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“great pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

food is fantastic and Duncan and Richard are great characters and make you feed very welcome. the bar is lovely and cosy with the fire

Visited November 2012
Grimsby, Canada
“Quite the surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Blair's Inn was recommended to us by our hosts at Westwood Country House, Fergus and Eucharia, and I can honestly say I was in no way expecting what we found.

The place is SO very warm and cozy with fireplaces in each room. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The food, though, was seriously five-star. My husband is a chef and we both had more than one or two moments where we exchanged glances with each other over how amazing the food was. Definitely not just pub grub!

This is a dining adventure we were happy to stumble upon. Should not be missed if you're visiting Blarney, or having a day trip to the castle!

Visited October 2012
“Great food and people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was the best food we had in air eland, hands down! I got the corned beef and I could not stop eating! So delicious and the staff was super friendly and accommodating! I would highly recommend this!