“Delightful Irish hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Blarney B&B and Inns
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Delightful Irish hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Janette's homely B&B for only one night..wish we had more time. The room was large, tastefully decorated, immaculately clean with a modern ensuite bathroom. The house is set back off the road in a lovely garden setting so is quiet and is not far from the attractions at Blarney. Breakfast was delicious with homemade breads, freshly cooked to order hot dishes..more than enough to keep us going all day! We really appreciated the personal contact and advice from our host..a lovely stay...highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Pine Forest B&B. Clean, quiet, easy parking. All rooms on the ground floor, thankfully no stair to lug our luggage up! Our hostess was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for things in the area. Rooms and bathrooms were spacious. Nice lounge and deck to relax on. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bournemouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My Sister and I stayed at this B & B in July. It was awful. We couldn't wait to get away.

Old fashioned and grubby rooms; the place is in need of a good clean and dragging into the 21st Century.

Thank God for Killarney House Bed and Breakfast. It was superb.

Give Pineforest a miss and head for Killarney House. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Give this place a swerve.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Janet H, Owner at Pineforest B &B, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Bridget,

Firstly, thank you for your feedback as I believe that this is the best way to make improvements to where people feel let down and also what people are happy with. and as we are aware everyone is entitled to their opinion.

On this occasion I believe you were not happy. It is something that I take very personally and I would like to offer apologies for any problems you may have encountered. I am delighted you chose this medium to air your concerns. However to have told us on the day would have been far more mature rather than choosing to drive off without any notification.The dates in question ( July 29th,30th). I took note of these dates as in 15 years of welcoming people to Pineforest House I have never had this unfortunate circumstance.

I am delighted to see that out of 25 reviews that I have received only one negative comment to the severity of yours. Something I am quite proud of. Most if not all reviews speak of the cleanliness of the house so I will have to defend Pineforest House on this point.

We are sorry you didn't get to experience our full hospitality.

Kind regards
Janet.
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My mother and I stayed at Pineforest B&B and we were delighted with our choice within minutes of our arrival, and our delight remained throughout the entire stay. The hostess had organised an informative and well presented guide to the accommodation plus useful tourist information. Our room was clean, spacious, classy and had super comfortable beds. You can see that care is taken in the smaller details, from light switches being framed to the delicious range of cookies, coffee and tea that was provided. There was a delightful observatory that had a rocking chair to sit back and unwind in. Or otherwise you could make use of the couch and large wide-screen TV. The internet is free, fast and reliable. For me though, the best thing was the breakfast in the morning which was worth the whole cost of the room. There were lots of options on the menu and the food was well cooked, healthy and we sat in a wonderfully prepared dining room and table! The hostess was so helpful in recommendations of what to do, places to eat and things to see. She was genuine, caring and made us feel most welcome, going above and beyond to ensure all our needs were met. I would recommend this place to anyone and was definitely the highlight in all the accommodation on our 5 week trip. Elegant, welcoming and impressive are 3 words I’d use to sum the place up

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Loved our stay and our hostess Janet. The B&B itself is clean, comfortable and homey. The common sitting room area was especially lovely and she keeps tasty treats out to have with your tea. The water pressure in the shower was heavenly - a huge plus if you've have a wee bit too much vino the night before. Janet herself was terrific - very friendly and graciously gave us a lift to the restaurant where we ate dinner so we didn't have to worry about driving home after drinking. Breakfast too was delicious. Her B&B is a 5 minute drive to Blarney Castle, so its incredibly convenient for anyone wanting to visit the stone. Wish we could have stayed more than one night!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice stay. The B&B is a little outside of the village, so you do need to drive to reach the town centre. Blarney itself is worth a visit. We were there at a quite time, I imagine it gets quite busy.

Breakfast was good and the beds were comortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a fabulous stay in Blarney at Pine Forest. Janet was very friendly and gave us advice about what to see and do, where to catch the bus, etc. - she even drove us into town one day. The place had a very warm, welcoming environment and we felt very much at home. The beds were comfy, with multiple pillows, and there was wifi and TV in the room. The bathroom was sparkling clean, the shower was very modern and spacious, and there was even shampoo and body wash provided. Breakfast was delicious, with a wide variety of hot and cold options to choose from.

We were worried at first because the location seemed a little out of the way, and we didn't have our own car. As it turned out, Pine Forest is within walking distance of the centre of town and Blarney Castle (about a 20 minute walk), and there's a very convenient bus that will pick you up across the street from Pine Forest and take you into town for under 2 euro.

I've been to several B&Bs in Ireland, and this was one of the best experiences I've had. I would without a doubt stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pineforest B &B? Share your experiences!