“An essential if you're in Cork, and beautiful grounds!” 4 of 5 stars

Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brisbane, Queensland
25 attraction reviews
“An essential if you're in Cork, and beautiful grounds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand a review that complains that kissing the Blarney Stone is a waste of time unless you believe the legend. Why would you bother unless you did or wanted to do something touristy and fun? Sometimes I don't understand tourists (even though I am one!).

We thought the Castle and grounds were beautiful, and yes we waited a while to get to the Blarney Stone but hey why not if you're there! Take a good coat though the castle is a cold place to wait. The spiral stairs are very tiny so be warned if you're claustrophobic.

To kiss the stone you must lie backwards and slide out being held by a staff member which is a little scary but we did it! We kissed it and got a good pic ourselves (at 10 euros each they are a total rip off). Get a good shot by standing next to the photographer if you can, for free!!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
“An absolute tourist trap and waste of money and time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to the Blarney stone not because I was looking forward to kissing a stone but because the reviews said there is at least some nice view and gardens to see. However, the view and gardens are nothing special and not worth the 12 euro entry. and certainly, kissing the stone is a massive waste of time as you have to wait a very long time to get to the top and unless you believe the legends of kissing the stone, it is completely pointless and leaves you with a sense of wondering of why you came there in the first place and wasted a whole afternoon out of your life.

of course, there are lots of tourists, especially American who will keep coming in droves, because from some reason they think they have to do it when in Ireland. How many of them actually believe the legend of the stone would be interesting to know!

Visited March 2013
Walla Walla, Washington
15 attraction reviews
“Amazing views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This stop around Ireland is a must see. The area is beautiful and well maintained. Walking up to the Belarney Stone is a bit of a hike up throught he old castle ruins. Once you get to the top...WOW! the View is amazing. I have a bad knee so going up stairs and inclines is at times painful but if I go there again I will hike to the top. Seriously this is a must do.

Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“great attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

we went there to see a castle - only one of us kissed the stone. It was really great the way they kept the castle in it's raw state. Not for the physically challenged as the stairs were steep and narrow. Heights are a problem for me and I was seriously nervous in the castle. But I was glad I went and enjoyed the rough state it is in. I really felt I was entering another time.

Visited January 2013
Vienna, Virginia
44 attraction reviews
“Beautiful castle, but touristy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The castle and its grounds are beautiful. Kissing the Blarney Stone is obligatory if you're already there, but the process of getting in line and waiting for your turn to be lowered down so you can kiss the stone seemed, well, touristy.

Visited February 2012