“Great activity for kids if staying near Ennis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 attractions in Ennis
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
Attraction Details
Dublin
“Great activity for kids if staying near Ennis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We booked in for an hour here when we stayed recently in Ennis and had a fantastic time. We'd two young kids with us (4 & 2) and were all beginners but Pat and family made sure all are needs were met. Pat was great at reading the kids and the adults and really adapted the session to what each of us were enjoying. Given his age our youngest only stayed on for 15 mins but when they took him off they looked after him for the next 45 mins which was a lovely gesture as it meant the rest of us could continue enjoying our trots on Pineapple, Blue & Charlie. Kids haven't stopped talking about the fun they had since they got home. Highly recommend this for anyone with kids around Ennis

Visited August 2013

Easton, Maryland, United States
“Such a fun time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Pat is wonderful, the horses are sweet and quiet, the barn is warm and friendly, the scenery is spectacular!! My husband and I had a fantastic morning with Pat - I am a rider - I've been eventing in the states since I was about 8 years old but my husband is not a horseman. Pat gave both of us a great ride - my husband got to enjoy the beautiful countryside and then Pat and I went off on our own for a little more fun. It was wonderful. Spud was a great horse for me and Blue was perfect for my beginner husband - I would highly recommend Pat and Drumcliffe to anyone! :D

Naperville, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“Former show jumper back in the saddle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I rode up through college, then quit due to time, money, and location. One thing about us horse people...once an equestrian, always an equestrian! On my bucket list was riding the fields in Ireland. I did this with Pat at Drumcliffe. I asked for a sure footed horse as I haven't ridden in a few years. I rode Blue, and had a dream ride through open rolling fields, country streets, and at the end popped over 6 logs in a mini cross country course. Boy that felt good! Pat has a huge farm and takes safety seriously so whether you tell him you are a new or experienced rider, he will ask you to warm up in the indoor arena and will watch you. Once he is confident you are matched with the right horse you start your ride! He will lock up your personal items. I had my own riding boots and helmet with me, I did see extra helmets but you will have to ask about boots or half chaps. I would absolutely ride with Pat again!

Visited July 2013
“Outstanding experience, can't say enough good things!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I visited Pat at Drumcliffe Equestrian during our recent trip to Ireland. My 19 year old daughter, 16 year old son and 72 year old mother all wanted to ride. My daughter has ridden quite a bit, but it was the first time for my son and my mom. Pat was great - my mom was terrified and while she really wanted to do it - almost immediately upon getting on the horse she wanted to give up - but Pat wouldn't let her. He held her hand the entire time she was on the horse - first riding in the stable then going out into the land. My son had a great experience as well - Pat's daughter led his horse and he loved it. What was even more special was that Pat knew my daughter was a more experienced rider - so when he was done with the three of them, he took my daughter out again for a gallop - he really went the extra mile to provide all three of them - at very different stages with a fantastic experience.

Munich, Germany
“Fantastic equestrian experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Wonderful experience at Drumcliffe Equestrian. Great team and selection of horses. Pat’s expertise and my horse made the day for me as an inexperienced rider looking to build confidence. Great facilities and location!