“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Long Island, NY
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Spent two night here as part of our Globus Ireland tour. Loved the location, easy to walk to shops and restaurants. Decent size room and nice size bathroom. I still don't get the half shower doors we found in almost all the hotels in Ireland and Italy! Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Geraldine M, Sales & Events Manager at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Angelo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Temple Gate Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed our central location and we hope that you do get the opportunity to stay with us again.

Sales & Events Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Olney, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The Temple Gate is in an excellent location! You can walk and shop throughout the town from the hotel. The staff are very friendly and we enjoyed Preacher's pub. We had breakfast included in our rate and it is delicious. The rooms were clean but basic. A very good value in Ennis!

Stayed May 2014
Dear Alliecat,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of The Temple Gate Hotel we are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much, looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Geraldine Minogue,
galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have passed this hotel so many times but never actually stayed! I really liked it and would stay again. Its near 2 minutes walking from everything so its great. We ate in the bar and there was a good crowd and sing song in the evening too! The room was nice the only thing was the cleaners at 730am who talked so so loud and kept waking us up! The store room was directly across from us so they kept going in and out it was so annoying!!!I would ask for a different room and probably on a higher floor too. The breakfast was nice there were loads of staff on maybe a bit too much. The shower was really powerful which was good!

Dear Tigerlilyfudge,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you finally got to stay with us and enjoyed Preachers Pub & breakfast in Legends Restaurant. We have taken on board your comments regarding the early noise from the accommodation staff and have rectified this.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Temple Gate Hotel & Ennis in the near future.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed in Ennis my last night before heading back to Dublin for my flight home. There was plenty of free parking, the reception was very nice and friendly. My room was heated like a sauna when I got there which made it hard to get ready to go down to dinner - it was so hot I could hardly stand to be in there. I opened the window which looked out over the parking lot, and the door to the hall which got a breeze going thru the room. I called reception and they turned the heat off immediately and sent someone up with a fan. The room was nice and spacious, and the bathroom was clean and large. I went to eat at the restaurant which was lovely but on the expensive side so I decided to take my laptop to the pub and do pictures while I ate. The staff in the pub seemed not very attentive but I wasn't in a hurry. The menu was good for a pub - I had the Irish Stew with lamb which was tasty. I loved the decor of the pub - classic old wood. There was a musician which I thought was too loud but the people next to me were really enjoying it. The room was relatively quiet - I didn't hear anybody in the rooms next to me or below - just some revelers in the parking lot and the bed was comfortable. I had included breakfast which allowed me to choose from the menu as well as enjoying the buffet. The staff was rushed and brought me the wrong food initially but rectified it. Check out was quick and efficient (the same sweet girl was there as the night before). I had intended to go out and enjoy the pubs in Ennis which is why I chose this centrally located hotel, but ended up just enjoying the pub at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your overall review of your stay at Temple Gate Hotel we were happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also delighted that you choose to stay and savour the atmosphere, food & music in Preachers Pub as appose to venturing out to the many pubs near by. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel & the Ennis area in the future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a great stay in the temple gate.The reception staff were friendly and welcoming.The rooms were of a high standard.They were very clean and comfortable and the bathroom was fitted out to a high standard.We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was great.We had a great stay overall and were looking forward to staying there again.

Dear Gary,

We are delighted your stay was 'perfect' thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Visited the Temple Gate for food at the weekend with my in-laws. We decided to dine in the bar - great variety to chose from on the menu. We had barely sat down when a member of staff was over to greet us and take our order. The quality of the food and service was excellent . The bar food menu is also very reasonably priced. We will be back, next time to try the early bird in the Legends Restaurant. Thank you the Temple Gate for a great experience as always

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tinaoc13,

Thank you so much for your review of Preachers Bar at The Temple Gate Hotel we are delighted you liked the variety of food and that the service standards were as we would have expected. We look forward to welcoming you back to sample our early bird menu or our new a la carte which is getting great reviews in Legends Restaurant.

Bromborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Temple Gate Hotel in Ennis for a weekend recently. It is a fantastic hotel, with great food, and the most helpful staff. It's situation is excellent.we got a lovely clean room, and enjoyed every minute. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Geraldine M, Sales & Events Manger at Temple Gate Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Mrs Neergaard,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Temple Gate Hotel in the near future.

Sales & Events Manger

Been to Temple Gate Hotel? Share your experiences!