“A Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 71 restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legends Restaurant located at Temple Gate Hotel in Ennis,County Clare. The restaurant has received the prestigious AA Rosette, awarded in recognition of fine cuisine and service, each year since the hotel opened in 1996. The chef and his team have developed a menu combining classical cuisine with a contemporary style. They ensure that your meal is an exceptional culinary experience using a selection of the finest locally sourced ingredients.
Shannon, Ireland
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Seven Adults + two Babies and a most wonderful experience in dining in Legends Restaurant- the Restaurant of the Templegate Hotel, Ennis, Co. Clare, tonight 6th. October 2012. All of us had wonderful starters and main courses and desserts. Speaking for myself, I had delicious Cod in a Saffron and White Wine Sauce - succulent. Thank God for a change of Vegetables from Brocolli, Cauliflour and Carrots, served in so many restaurants - tonight was celery and courgettes, with baby potatoes. The only complaint that I would have is, I couldn't eat the plate. The rest of the party had sirloin steaks, cooked exactly to their requirements and the look of pleasure on their faces, showed satisfaction of the highest order. All this was" washed" down with very reasonably priced Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. On arrival we were welcomed by the charming and friendly Catherine ( Receptionist ) and then by Antonio ( Maitre'D of the highest standards and friendliness ) and served by Michael from Belmullet ( oozing in efficiency and friendliness ). There was another Lady and Gent served us too, but unfortunately I didn't get their names, but part of this highly efficient and friendly team. All this was supervised by the very " Hands - on " Owner Mr. John Madden. Thank You for a wonderful Meal and wish you continued success.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Siobhan H, Manager at Legends Restaurant, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear AodhandeF,
It was a pleasure to read your very favorable review of Legends Restaurant following your recent visit. Thank you most sincerely for your comments. The restaurant is AA Rosette award winning and your comments are further endorsement to this accolade. Our Chef and his team graciously receive your feedback and we hope you will join us soon again. Thank you once again for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

93% Recommend
Clare, Ireland
“Excellent food - great service - nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Have eaten here on a few occasions. Food is lovely and very fresh. Lovely atmosphere in Restaurant, nice decor, very comfortable. Italian waiter so pleasant! This restaurant is within the Temple Gate Hotel which is in the centre if town. Would recommend for the food and the pleasant surroundings. Nice bar atmosphere also with lovely staff and very good bar food also. W

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Siobhan H, Manager at Legends Restaurant, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear MitziB,
Thank you for your kind review and taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community. Your praise of Antonio, our Restaurant Manager, is graciously appreciated. Legends Restaurant has received the AA Rosette which is awarded in recognition of fine cuisine and service each year since the hotel opened in 1996. While we are delighted to receive such awards it means so much to us to hear guest feedback. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to your next visit to Legends Restaurant at Temple Gate Hotel.
New York
“Food and Service excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed in the Temple Gate hotel recently and as the staff advised me and my family to have dinner in Legends Restaurant, I made a reservation at the desk. Staff were very friendly at check in. The menu had so many different courses, from Crispy Duck, to some local Salmon. I had the crispy Duck for my main course as Michael the waiter advised me it was one of the nicest main courses . Lets just say I never had a nicer Duck and as I have traveled far and wide I have a lot of experience of different foods, I feel that this restaurant has won me over. Legends would be in my top five with food and service me and my family good. The experience and the service Michael gave us was first class. Me and my family would recommend Legends restaurant if you wish to have a nice meal at a good price with excellent service.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SiobhanHassett, Manager at Legends Restaurant, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. Your comments are further endorsement to the awards such as the AA Rosette bestowed on the hotel for food and service. The Chef, his team and the staff in Legends (in particular Michael!) graciously appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you on a return visit in the near future.
Shannon, Ireland
“A Most Wonderful Meal and Wonderful Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Four of us dined in the Legends Restaurant in the TempleGate Hotel, Ennis and I must say it was excellent. Two of us had Breast of Duck, one had Chicken and the other had a Sirloin Steak - beautifully cooked and flavoured. We started with one having Duck Confit, two having Mushroom Brioche and myself having a Chicken Terrine with Parma Ham - Excellent Starters. Our Desserts were also mouth-watering all washed down with a very reasonably priced Cotes du Rhone. If that wasn't a complete meal of excellence, more was to come - price for the Dinner is 19.95 Euro with a 5 euro supplement for some of the courses e.g. Duck and Sirloin Steak. All this was served by a most friendly and efficient staff. We were in a hurry and after informing the staff of our dilemna, they had us out in perfect time - stress free and feeling great after a wonderful meal

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SiobhanHassett, Manager at Legends Restaurant, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. You comments are further endorsement to the awards bestowed on the hotel for food and service and are graciously received by the Chef and his team and the staff in Legends. We look forward to welcoming you on a return visit to Temple Gate Hotel in the near future.
Ennis, Ireland
“Good food in a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We ate in Legend's restaurant on Valentine's night and were very happy with the food and atmosphere.
The starters of mussels and breaded mushrooms were top class and the steaks for main course were cooked to perfection.
We were disappointed in both desserts, but overall really enjoyed the meal.
The service was very attentive and we will definitely return again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SiobhanHassett, Manager at Legends Restaurant, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community. I have shared your feedback with the Chef and his team. Legends Restaurant has received the AA Rosette, awarded in recognition of fine cuisine and service each year since the hotel opened in 1996 and guest feedback like yours is further testament to these awards. We look forward to welcoming you on many returns visits to Legends Restaurant.