“One of the best in Ennis.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 78 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Limerick, Ireland
“One of the best in Ennis.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Bright, airy, and with good, pleasant service.
nicely varied menu, always a good place to visit,
Right beside the river, great place for lunch. !

Visited January 2012

Ennis, Ireland
“Just brill!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Called to this lovely restaurant on Sat. evening last. This is one of my local haunts. I just love visiting here after a long working week. My hubby and I are always greeted with a smile from the very friendly staff. On a recent visit here for my birthday all the stops were pulled out. I even got a candle on my desert. What a lovely thought. On saturday evening I had the prawns gamberetti dela tigre. Succulent prawns in a tomato based sauce infused with chillies and garlic. YUM YUM YUM. It was devine. My hubby had the lasagne and he was not disappointed. The ambience here is just wonderful. It is a beautiful place to visit. The old part of the restaurant is so so impressive with its large shuttered windows looking out onto the river area. The early bird menu is 17.50 euro for 2 courses. In my opinion this place is well worth a visit!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kilkenny Ireland
“Fantastic food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant. I was in Ennis for the weekend and we booked 15 of us into the Rowan Tree for dinner. The food was excellent, piping hot, plenty of it and cooked to perfection. The real gold star has to be given to the staff, they are incredibly friendly and efficient. Would I go here again, I would have no hesitation in saying yes. Oh and most importantly, great value for money.

Visited August 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
“Lunch by the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Found the Rowan by accident and a great lunch sitting in the sun by the river. Delightful setting and good good although a little pricey.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Limerick, Ireland
“Average food - outstanding service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a great night at this beautifully situated cafe/restaurant. Look, I'll be honest, I've probably had nicer food but it wasn't bad food - just not hugely exciting, The staff at this restaurant are just great - charming and funny and can't do enough for you. We ate in the dining room and went out to the terrace after dinner to finish our wine (which was lovely). The waiters couldn't help enough and were really good fun. We were staying upstairs and the 10% off the meal was a nice bonus! Would definitely recommend for a good, informal, fun dinner in Ennis (and try to sit out if you can at all - the river is lovely).

• Visited July 2012