“Much Improved” 4 of 5 stars

353 65 6868669
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 77 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Limerick, Ireland
“Much Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have eaten here quite a few times over the past year and the standard had been 'middle of the road'. However on my last visit 2 weeks ago I found it much improved. The staff are excellent with small children and the kids menu is lovely and suitable with more than the usual nuggets/sausages and chips. My daughter loved her mini pizza and the mini spag bol was very tasty. I had the fish of the day which was cooked perfectly. Very pleasant visit.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rome
“so good we went twice the same day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We found the Rowan tree by chance. It sits on a bridge in Ennis, which is a lovely little town. On the outside of the restaurant are seating areas beside the river. We had a leek and potato soup, as I wasn't that hungry. My sister is a cheese a holic and ordered the vegetarian anti-pasta. What she got was a board full of cheeses and veg and olives. She loved it and was in her element. In the evening, we could not find anywhere to eat, so we drove 17km back to the Rowan Tree. This time, we sat outside again, beside the river again. This time we were able to make use of the bright green fleece blankets that are porvided incase your knees get cold. We had meatballs and spagetti and prawns in garlic sauce. The meal was delicious, the service was excellent and the ambience and the actual place were really enjoyable. Loved it. Good value too. Thank you. Well done.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tralee, Ireland
“Fabulous food, beautiful surroundings and very reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

The Rowan Tree is an absolute must when you visit Ennis. The service is friendly and professional, but not overly fussy. The food is tasty and there is a good selection. They also have very good Paulaner alcohol-free beer which I loved as I was driving.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ennis, Ireland
“great locationr, food poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and I went there for early dinner, he had a pizza, I choose ravioli. Pizza was cardboard, dough was frozen and precooked. For 12 euros it is not good enough. Service was slow. Restaurant was empty that time and cooked dinner for as still took them around 45 minutes. My ravioli itself wasn't to bad but the sauce just not tasty at all. Just disapointining!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ennis, Ireland
“much improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

we ate in the rowan tree on friday night, food and service have improved so much, keep it up and we willl see ye again soon

• 4 of 5 stars Food