“Great overall experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 77 Restaurants in Ennis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the heart of the bustling town of Ennis, Knox's is an enduringly popular local pub and bistro with an engaging and convivial atmosphere, establishing it as one of the most popular venues for nightlife and entertainment. Exposed stone and brickwork and wooden beams give the interior a rustic charm, while fresh local produce sets off the brasserie-style dishes on the menu in the upstairs restaurant. All sporting events including Championship hurling and football, Premiership games, Champions League, Six Nations and the Heineken Cup are all shown live in the bar. The resident DJs and live music will have you dancing and with the late night bar extension from Thursday to Sunday, Knox's keeps the lively and friendly crowd buzzing late into the night. Knox's is the ideal entertainment venue with Live Music five nights a week as well as DJs, pub quizzes and lots more. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the bar for all customers.
Limerick, Ireland
“Great overall experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had a lovely meal in the restuarant Saturday night, went for a drink in the bar first. the place was busy with lots of groups around the place and bar food seemed to be really busy. Good service in the bar and had a fab 3 course meal in the restuarant. Lovely atmosphere and attentive service. Could not beat the value €20.95 only for 3 courses. Very happy with overal experience, service and tasty food. highly recommend a vist.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hi Cathryn, thank you so much for this brilliant review!! We love getting feedback from customers as it only benefits us in the long term. I'm delighted you enjoyed our service, food and atmosphere and all of us here at Knoxs are looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again for the fantastic review!

New York City, New York
“Still the best in Ennis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a seriously great meal in Knoxs bistro on Saturday night , fantastic food and superb service , call in if you are in ennis , you won't be disappointed

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi there! Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it. I'm over the moon that you enjoyed your meal so much. Next time your in Ennis, don't hesitate to pop in again! Once more, thank you for the feedback.
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant end to our golf trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Me and the boys finished our golfing trip in Ennis town on our last night.We went to knoxs in the centre of town for a meal and a few beers.
We had such a great meal...3 courses for only 21 euro..and of course a few bottles of wine which went down a treat :-) Great service, nice friendly chat from the waiter..
And then the bar ..more wine and beer and then a band playing...the night just flowed so well..chatting to the locals..and it didnt close until 2am.
What more could we ask for to finish off a great golfing trip, apart from better golf!!
Well done ..we will be back next year

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello! Thanks for leaving us such a great review. We love getting feedback from customers so its much appreciated!! I'm delighted you enjoyed the night in both the restaurant and the bar. We have live music nearly every night whether its a one man band or a four piece! I hope the golf went well and we are all looking forward to seeing ye all again next year. Thanks again for the review!!
Berlin, Germany
“One of the best restaurants.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I ate in Knoxs restaurant with some friends. The menu selection is very good at good value.. The staff were friendly, helpful, with good service.. We had a Caesar Chicken Salad as starter, best i have had ever. The steak was delicious, homemade french fries was tasty too. They have a early bird menu which is very good, too.Cant complain to anything.
Definitely will be back.I will recommend to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi there Bulvan! Thank you so much for the fantastic review, the feedback is great to us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your meal and we all hope to see you and your friends gain in the future when your in Ennis again. Thanks again for the review.
Dubai, U.A.E.
“Total let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

While on my way to a recommended establishment, I saw a sign for Knox's & unfortunately decided to try it. What a mistake? The pub itself looked reasonably inviting except for the two drunks who arrived in my booth. It was downhill fro there on & it led me to think it should be renamed Obknoxs. My food was cold, my French fries were reheated & my waiter left lots to be desired. When I complained,the only concession was a 10 per cent discount on the meal. I am not a complaining person but this was bad. I will not even give this place a 2nd chance & I will not be recommending it to anybody.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Declan O, Public Relations Manager at Knox's, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hi there. I am extremely sorry that your experience at our establishment was not a good one. This is not our usual service. We pride ourselves on providing both quality food and service to every customer that enters our bar. Your experience was not satisfactory and the matter is being dealt with immediately. Both the waiting staff and the chefs have been spoken to in regards to your meal. Again, I am extremely sorry for the poor experience you received and I hope this does not affect you returning one day. Also, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Any information we receive back from customers is appreciated and it only helps us in the future.