“I miss you Ted's” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“I miss you Ted's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

It's been almost 2 years since I was in Hawaii and I miss Ted's all the time!!! Do yourself a favor and get to the North Shore and enjoy some good stuff!!!

Florence, South Carolina, United States
“I found it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

When I visited the North Shore in the summer of 2013 I looked around while driving thinking this Ted's Bakery would jump out at me and scream BAKERY! Well, I realized I had driven past this BAKERY many times and never realized it was THE Ted's, Well, I went twice this week, once to get a huge selection of pastries for me and my 4 friends staying up the road at Turtle Bay. The best ever! During the week we tried 4 different pies and they were all excellent! If you are looking for pretty and beautiful you are at the wrong place, but this is the cool laid back North Shore.my only complaint is that they don't deliver to the mainland! ;-( Mahalo!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stamford, Connecticut
“Good food, but no atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The concierge desk at the Turtle Bay Resort, where we were staying, recommended this eatery as one of the places to go away from the resort. We drove on Kamehameha highway, a two lane road in front of the resort, for about five miles west to get to Ted's Bakery. This place is a real bakery that specializes in making some delicious pies and cakes. In addition, it prepares hot breakfasts and lunches for the multitude of beach goers that flock to the place. Both the locals and the tourists all come and eat at this eatery. This is not a sit down, eat-in restaurant with waitress and tables, but a place where you order your food at the cash register, you wait about 10 minutes, the food is handed to you in a styrofoam covered dish in a bag, you pay and you go outside to one of the open air tables and eat with plastic fork, knife and paper napkins. The food is very fresh, delicious and the portions are very good. The eatery also sells beverages of all kinds, but no alcohol. The barbecue chicken is one of the most popular dishes. The average price for a full lunch hot meal is about $13, plus the beverage and baked dessert adds another $7. We enjoyed our meal at Ted's but would not want to go there too often.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NC
“Ted's is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ted's is conveniently located in Sunset Beach, between the Turtle Bay Condos and Haleiwa. The food is excellent, including the baked goods we bought. We would order our food to go and sit under the trees next to the main building. Eating there was very relaxing and the service was accommodating and usually quick. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Taste of Hawaii”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

If you are looking for the haupia pie, Ted's bakery on the North Shore of Oahu is the place to go.
Don't expect fancy digs but you will love the local atmosphere and especially their pie.
Our favorite is the chocolate they are known for.
Take the take to eat it there and join the locals.

• Visited April 2014