“It's the small things that count” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre

You added The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beardmore Street, Clydebank, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G81 4SA, Scotland   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clydebank
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“It's the small things that count”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is a large hotel that forms part of the NHS hospital but to be fair it never seems that way. Rooms are reasonably large, well decorated and have IMacs for your use. Top marks go to the beds which are amongst the most comfortable that I have slept in. Staff are generally good and efficient. My only issue was that my room service tray was still in the corridor 24 hrs later. A one off maybe - my colleague told me it happened to him also. Hotel Manager might want to look at that. Menzies leave a card on tray with a number to dial for collection and ask that trays are not left in corridors. A good idea I would say. There is lots of free parking which is good. Food in the hotel is nice enough but the bar menu is far too restricted and more than a few nights would mean repetition. The a la carte restaurant was too expensive for me on my quite generous business expenses which was also an issue. The hotel also seems to pick up lots of coach parties of 'oldies' which can be frustrating as they tend to take over the breakfast room and get preferential service from the staff. The gym is quite small for the size of hotel as is the pool and jacuzzi. Overall, not bad at all but some minor changes would make all of the difference.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Friendly staff who during my spending 5 days in and around the Golden Jubilee National Hospital, we're nothing but polite, friendly and respecting of my privacy.

Always nice, during rough times, to be able to relax somewhere nice with a pint of Guinness, good WiFi and plug sockets.

I didn't see the rooms but I suspect they're very good and the pub and restaurant is clean, so the rooms, I'm sure will be.

Do visit.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
beardmoreGlasgow, General Manager at The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback your comments to us during your recent stay.

It is always good to be able to pass on positive comments to our teams at The Beardmore.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Stayed here for duration of Commonwealth Games, August 2014. Large conference centre hotel but not faceless or unfriendly. Very comfortable rooms, with Apple Computers and free wifi. Extremely helpful and pleasant staff. Quiet location, plenty of parking. Good bus/train connections to central Glasgow. Nice lounge bar and terrace overlooking Clyde, very reasonable drinks prices. Gym and small warm indoor pool onsite. Curious location, attached to major NHS hospital, though this doesn't interfere at all! Strangely comforting.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Clyde rather than the car park, just for the view, although even car p...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband, 4yr old son and I stayed here for one night in August, upon arrival we found it very strange that it was attached to an NHS hospital, however once you get to the reception desk you'd never know. The staff on reception were lovely, very chatty and helpful... nothing too much trouble. We stayed on the 4th floor, the room was clean but very tired in decor... there was chips off the furniture, scratches all over the glass table, a couple of large stains on the carpet and a floor lamp that reminded me that we were in a hotel owned by the NHS.
We had some food in the lounge bar, it was lovely and the staff were great and worked very hard. There was a wedding on and my only fault is that I felt like I was in between the guests quite a lot of the time, at one point I was in the toilets with the bride, whilst in my travelling comfy's. I felt a bit like a was gatecrashing these peoples special day, there wasn't enough separation between hotel guests and wedding guests. I felt like I had to wolf my dinner and get back to my room.
The hotel offers complimentary use of the pool and gym, we didn't use these but its a nice option to have.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

expensive, very expensive. elitist, smug, cold and clinical establishment. Will never return. Room very nice though. Very sparse, cold looking reception area. Wrong food delivered to my table, still very expensive meal nonetheless. Also, far too remote for people who don't have their own transport.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed here shortly after the Commonwealth Games, and was really suprised by the attentiveness of the staff and the overall quality of the hotel. Our room was spacious, clean and the bed was huge and extremely comftable. The facilities were also excellent; we had an Apple imac in our room and made use of the swimming pool and sauna/steam rooms. We've stayed in some expensive hotels in the past, some of which were no where near as good as this, and In terms of value for money, this has to be one of the best hotels around.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Gary R, General Manager at The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Paul
Thanks so much for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us and we are glad that you were able to make use of our health club facilities. We hope to be able to welcome you again to the Beardmore in future.
Slough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband & I, where here for a few days in start of July.

Where can I start?... reception check in, great and easy proses very friends staff shout out to "Lisa", great friendly useful and chatty like any scot!.
Room, was very nice surprisingly , I thought differently when seeing the hall décor , comfy bed, nice bathroom and the room had a fancy mac book (hard to use though)
Health club, couldn't get over how amazing the pool, jacuzzi and all the facilities were! great staff too! lovely girl with short bobed hair (forgot her name sadly)
The bar area/ food area, great atmosphere from the staff all happy smiling laughing and chatting away signs of a great working environment and they enjoy what they do you can tell all the staff where amazing, kind , very helpful! shout out to Margaret for recommending food and Chelsey (I think was her name or something very similar ) for great service and checking on us both lovely girls.
Now on the the restaurant, food amazing service amazing simply amazing, can get a great conversation from Max recommends the best wine.

We can not be more pleased with our stay, great hotel, great facilities and great staff, highly recommend

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MargaretJ
Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. These will be forwarded to the relevant teams. We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Beardmore in future.
Hotel Manager

Been to The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!