“fantastic customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre

You added The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beardmore Street, Clydebank, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G81 4SA, Scotland   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clydebank
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“fantastic customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Although we were initially very disappointed that the pool and spa area was out of action, we were delighted with the level of service which we received. It was great to see that it was mostly locals who were employed in the hotel and they certainly provided excellent customer service. On our last morning we hadn't intended to have breakfast but our plans changed at the last minute and we popped down. We were too late for the breakfast service, however the staff were excellent and said just tell us what you would have liked and they brought it through to us. We were unsure about using the restaurant facilities, but we had our evening meal there and although I would say that my dish was over salted for my taste the general standard of food was very good and the service excellent. We stayed over because a relative was in hospital next door and the location was great for popping in to visit.

Room Tip: We chose a double room and relatives chose the more expensive king sized room, They were in effect t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Belfast, Co Antrim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Once you get over the fact that this hotel is attached to a hospital (initially v strange!!) you will realise that this is actually a really nice place to stay. Staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful on check-in. We upgraded to a kingsize room which was well worth the small additional cost. Lovely spacious room with great views of the river. We didn't eat in the hotel but the menus looked lovely - nice bar area too. Disappointing that the pool was out of action it didn't ruin our stay. Plenty of car-parking at front of hotel. Overall, a decent hotel which I would definitely stay in again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
Gary R, Manager at The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback on your recent stay and apologies that the pool was not available, the pool is back open and hope you will have the opportunity to come back in the future and utilise this.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have no complaints with the room, hotel or location. When my partner and I arrived here it was during the heat wave, we were so looking forward to getting in the pool! We were upset to find out that the pool is currently being refurbished due to a fire earlier this year. Heather, the lady on the desk did what she could to resolve this situation, even offering to drive us across the Clyde to swim in another hotel pool; we were given an upgraded room with a king size bed.
I would definitely come back here because the hotel standard is very high.
I did not eat in the hotel restaurant, so cannot comment on the food; instead I ate at the Roma restaurant in the Clydebank shopping centre, and the food was absolutely beautiful and inexpensive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Third visit and still as good as ever

Nice friendly welcome upon arrival along with quick smooth check-in. Reception area has been revamped since our last visit and is still as pleasant and well furnished as ever

There are computers to use just off the reception area with free wifi and this is extended to the hotels rooms as they all have Apple Mac desktop computers which double up as a TV. Free wifi accross the hotel is a masive plus for most travellers these days and it has a really good connection/speed.

Rooms are clean and well furbished with tea/coffee facilities and ample storage. The only slight issue we had was a lack of fridge. There is a cupboard for it under the tea/coffee shelf and would have been nice to keep drinks/milk chilled during very hot spells as we encountered during our stay. The air conditioning is also poor for people like me who like rooms as chilled as possible. Both issues are no great shakes but would be nice to have.

Hotel is always quiet so a good nights sleep is always guaranteed. The king size bed (we upgraded) is a great bonus and so comfortable

Didn't use the restaurant but heard that it's really good. They supply ice if you require it, just pop into the bar and ask.

There are plenty of takeaways in the area just outside the hotel if you need food and convenience stores for anything else. The Clyde shopping centre is also around a 5 minute drive away where there are various shops, Aldi, Asda, Farm Foods, Wilkinsons, Home Bargans, Primark, Greggs, Deichman, Boots the chemist, Ice-cream shop, Subway, etc. If you want to travel further afield without a car there is the Dalmuire railway station nearby which takes you into Glasgow's city centre:-

The hotel has great views accross the river and beyond and there is plenty to see and do in the area. Tourist leaflets and guides are plentiful just off the reception area.

Hope you have a great stay, we certainly did and will no doubt be back again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bewdley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed for 1 night on business.

This hotel catered for all of my requirements. A nice room, comfy bed, lovely view across the garden & river and free Wi-Fi.

I booked through an online booking service and got a great price for 1 night room only.

I didn’t use the onsite restaurant so cannot comment, however I did review the menu, which did appear to be quite expensive. It did however, look & feel as though you would be eating a nice meal (if that makes sense?!!!) in nice surroundings

Decent size car park too.

Disappointing that the pool was out of action. This was one of the key reasons for staying. There was no mention on the website for this either. I was offered the chance to use an alternative hotels pool but after a day driving I didn't need the hassle of more driving.

I was surprised that reception was shared with the hospital which led to that "hospital smell" in the reception area, however this was less apparent by the time I reached my room.

Would i stay again? Yes. As long as the pool was in action.

Room Tip: 307 was good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed 3 nights here whilst attending a course in June. Having stayed here many times I was familiar with the layout and standard of rooms and facilities.
The room allocated to me on the third floor had a westerly view towards the Erskine bridge, gardens and river Clyde and very comfortable. The room was spacious with King bed ( which was so comfortable), lounge area and imac pc /tv, tea / coffee making facilities.

I was disappointed that there was no longer a fridge in the room and this would have been particularly useful, there is also no in room safe. I like the idea of a container in the wardrobe for recycling.
The bathroom was well stocked initially with plenty of good quality towels and toiletries and was also spacious. Water temperature great and powerful shower.

Housekeeping was ok but toiletries were not restocked nor was towels replaced, it was fortunately I was travelling myself, so managed to make do! The room allocated has an interconnecting door which I was concerned about however although I was aware another guest was there it was not noisy. I could see however this would be a problem depending on your neighbour.

I was looking forward to the use of the hotel pool. However on arrival notified that there had been fire and the pool will not reopen until the end of July. Very disappointing. I later found out I could use the pool at the Erskine Bridge Hotel ( this was through other guests not the hotel) however given the location of hotel I am not sure how i would have got there as I don't think transport would have been laid on.

The food was mixed - Breakfast and lunch was good, although the food ran out quickly at breakfast as hotel at full occupancy which meant queues gathered waiting for breakfast items to be replenished. A colleagues wanted porridge and this was made to order however when it was requested the chef was observed rolling his eyes! - tip make a supply!

I ate in the bar on a couple of occasions. Service was mixed as was the food. Avoid the Club sandwich could make a better one myself chips were luke warm. I feel the menu is more limited that previous stays. Not all the meals came together, they forgot my starter and even when reminded arrived with my main. Colleagues who I did have pasta felt this was particularly nice.

Drinks in bar - around £7.50 for a large wine! better buying a bottle.

The conference rooms are well laid out and equipment, the hotel now has A5 note paper instead of A5 previously which personally I dislike, constant supply of water, juice and sweets. Temperature of the room was cold and took numerous attempts to regulate this. Coffee supplied and many flavoured teas together with cakes, biscuits and pastries were nice but sometimes took time to arrive and required to be chased up.

The location is remove around £25 for taxi from city centre. The hotel is joined to the hospital and there is a shop for bits and pieces you may need.
I will be staying here again in a few months for a few nights so will be interesting to see how the hotel and service compares later in the year.

Room Tip: avoid inter connecting room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor, we value all feedback and appreciate your constructive feedback to allow us to review and look for improvements to our guest experience. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to the hotel.
Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were in the area for a funeral and needed a one night stopover after the event. Not the nicest of reasons for needing a hotel but it was lovely to come back to such a comfortable place.

It is attached to the hospital - I only say this as I thought other reviewers were joking! There is an entrance to the hospital across a vast empty plain of space from the reception desk. You don't really notice it but the clinical smell invading the reception area is a giveaway.

The place seemed quite cold and deserted, although we were there on a Saturday and it being a conference hotel probably means it's their quietest time. However, the receptionist was very welcoming and efficient and we were soon in our very nice room. There was no fridge in the first room so we were moved with no trouble to a room that had one. The rooms are spacious and well appointed - there's a settee and coffee table area which is great. Each room has a Mac monitor which is the TV and internet access point (there is also free wifi for your personal devices). This was great for the internet (except it did keep crashing - call reception for advice on rebooting!) but a bit limiting for watching TV - small and not really positioned well enough for 2 people to watch but that didn't worry us. The bed was not the best - we could feel the springs through the mattress. We mentioned this when checking out and they said rooms were having the mattresses refreshed so this one would be on the list. Advice - check the bed before settling on a room.

We were a bit disappointed to find the pool was closed for maintenance (I think there may have been a fire some weeks previously and damage was still not fixed). Reception said that we should have been told at the time of booking but since we weren't we were offered comp breakfast which was a lovely touch.

The location is OK. Very peaceful for such a built up area. It's next to the river and there were some pleasant outside areas to roam (weather permitting!). We even saw a deer in the field outside the restaurant at breakfast. We took a walk up to the Clydebank shopping area for dinner (my husband used to be a local so knows the place). It's about a 30 minute walk up the main road. To access the main road from the hotel on foot, there's no need to go out the main road entrance that you came in by car, instead turn right out of the hotel reception, at the end of the block turn right again and keep walking with the hospital on your right. You'll go through another big carpark and see a roundabout at the end with a monument in it. At the roundabout turn left and that road leads on to the main road. For the shopping centre turn right onto the main road and keep walking. At some point cross the road and eventually you'll see a railway bridge down one of the side streets. Turn here and you'll end up in the shopping centre. There's a huge Asda, some smaller shops, a cinema and some fast food chains plus a couple of other restaurants. There's also a curry house - New Cafe Punjab - down one of the side streets near the railway bridge which is OK for dinner. Across the road from Asda is a Matalan, TK Maxx, Next etc etc so quite a shopping haven!

Breakfast was good. The usual range of hot and continental. Service was a little slow but friendly.

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay that was great value. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a nicer view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!