“Not What it Used To Be, But Still Best in Clydebank” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre

You added The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beardmore Street, Clydebank, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G81 4SA, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Clydebank
Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
“Not What it Used To Be, But Still Best in Clydebank”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My Grandson's First Communion celebration meal was in The Beardmore and I decided to book a suite for 4 nights since I travelled over for the weekend.I was reminiscing too as I had spent some wonderful times in the hotel around the time of my friend's wedding about 12 years ago. At the time the hotel and adjoining hospital were owned by a Middle Eastern group though now it is the NHS who own the hospital and I'm not sure about the hotel.

I don't have a great deal to say to be honest - the staff and food were good. The hotel is still far and away the best in Clydebank and is still a decent standard, but it is far from the hotel it used to be. It's beginning to show signs of wear and tear and is looking a little tired. For example - the en-suite bathroom window and surrounds in my room was peeling and bubbling paint, The furniture and carpet were stained. It needs caught and refurbished now before repairs could become prohibitively costly in my opinion.

I still wouldn't put anyone off if they are visiting Clydebank - just don't expect the wonderful place it used to be.

Room Tip: View of the river from the suites is nice and they were doing a 3 for 2 deal when I visited.
Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was booked into the Golden Jubilee Hospital in Clydebank on the 07.30 list on 26th April 2012. A long way from my home in Edinburgh to get there for 07.30 but I needn't have worried, I was booked into the Beardmore which is actually part of the hospital site and is closely connected by a welcoming, wide corridor leading directly from Reception. My wife was allowed to share what turned out to be a very attractive, clean, and well equipped double room which matched the best that we have ever occupied anywhere in the world. Staff were friendly, efficient, and always available. In short, what did so much to make my minor surgery even less worrying, was a first class family hotel, one I couldn't fault, and one we plan to use very soon as a base for a brief break in the West.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

we booked this hotel and arrived 10 minutes later (after being disappointed by the hotel we had a reservation in) we arrived at the hotel before our booking but the staff were more than obliging to helpvery proffessional,we will sort it dont worry, lovely hotel lovely staff lovely leisure facilities and lovely food no complaints at all .Lovely touches all over the hotel,not just free wi fi ,a mac pc in every room with a personal welcome on the screen ,everything you need is in your room hair dryer,iron and board,tea/coffee ect,and individual temp setting to your liking

Room Tip: the higher up you go the better the view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I must add my comment about my recent stay at the Beardmore. I am registered disabled and use a mobility scooter to get around. From the beginning of my stay until the end the staff could not do enough for me from the receptionist, concierge and all of the waiting staff I was made to feel welcome and comfortable and nothing was too much effort. If anyone who is disabled and not able to get around quite so well with mobility difficulties I would strongly recommend staying at this hotel. The rooms are spacious and can take a scooter, wheelchair or any equipment required wtih great ease and the doors are very wide and the lift access is too with large lifts. Getting in and out of the bathroom is easy too with a sliding door and is no problem to access the bath and shower. These are all things that have been taken into account and I know that people like myself have trouble with all of these issues - not at the Beardmore I would say. Thoroughly disabled friendly and in the past they have even allowed my friend to bring the car to the back entrance to make my exit much more convenient. Five stars plus I would say.Food was also great and as was the service in all of the restaurants.

Room Tip: Maybe getting a room with a view down the Clyde so the South side rooms would probably have this but...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel is constructed as a adjunct to a Hospital with interconnecting corridors hence is rather strange in nature. Apparently the whole place was built as a private hospital to attract wealthy people to come for treatment at Clydebank (cannot believe nobody spotted the hole in that business case) so a hotel was included.

The bedrooms are rather larger than usual and well appointed including an Apple TV in each room which is a nice idea but does not really work well as a TV due to network glitches and is not really that useful as an internet browsing device because the limitations the hotel imposes.

The bar is rather limited in terms of its food menu, it always seems to take an age to arrive and the staff can be a little abrupt.

Overall not a bad place but in a strange location and near to nothing and I mean nothing!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I had my wedding reception in this hotel 7 years ago and my husband and I decided to return. The staff were so attentive and as we remembered them. Facilities great although bit disappointed there was no beauty facilities anymore to have a nice relaxing massage.

Food as brilliant as I remembered and we also got a free bottle of prosecco in our suite and the staff were able to book us into the suite we also stayed in on our wedding night.

The staff were so lovely and helpful and as we remember them from 7 years. Its great to see that standards have never slipped as on occasion when you go back to the same hotel my experience has been that it is never the same as the first time but this was not the case. In particular a male member of staff who has been with your hotel for 17 years.

A new brilliant addition was the Imac computers with FREE wireless in the living room and the bedroom.

We will definately go back for an overnight stay again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We booked the hotel to extend a one-day trip to SECC. The hotel is reasonably close to Glasgow and although the surrounding area of the hotel is pretty grey, the interior is a refreshing change from outside. We had a decent size double room facing the river (nice beds!) and I must say I appreciate the view. There is a iMac in the room that can offer TV, radio and Internet with poor sound but who is going there for this? The bar staff was nice and helpful at late hours. There is also a small gym and a swimming pool in the hotel and this can be a relaxing bonus. The Scottish breakfast was OK, not very busy at the time we were there, only some of the staff was probably not happy to work on a Sunday morning. Overall a good alternative for Glasgow!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Beardmore Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!