“Fantastic view and good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Duck Bay Hotel & Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Dunbartonshire
Duck Bay Hotel & Marina
Duck Bay | Loch Lomond, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 8QZ, Scotland   |
scotland
“Fantastic view and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Popped in for late lunch on way back from Fort William and wasn't disappointed. Food was delicious again. Fish is always excellent and always a healthy portion size , none of this tiny portion malarkey. Quite an extensive menu from snack size items including baked potatoes , sandwiches to full main course items. The ice-cream Sundays are excellent ! The views from the restaurant are superb over Loch Lomond. You can't book a table so it's tables allocated on arrival basis. Staff are always friendly and very efficient.

Room Tip: Get there early so you can get a table by the window although you can see the Loch from all the tabl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We enjoyed the restaurant although visiting it on a whim. It is medium priced. The food was hot, plentiful and tasty. Menu was large and varied, and the beer was cold! Restaurant was full, but service was good, a wee bit slow, but understandable. The views from the restaurant are outstanding. This is a nice place to take someone special for a meal!
Sandy

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

It had been years since we visited Duck Bay. We were pleasantly surprised by the interior changes and the extensive menu. Whether the carvery or the al a carte the food was beautiful, well presented and good value for money. The service was good and with a smile too.

Well worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

By virtue of the fact that we have returned to eat here again really says it all, very extensive menu covering a variety of tastes and frankly quite an ambitious menu. It does however seem to work for on both evenings and indeed our memories from last year all of the meals were delicious. This year G went for the Beef Stroganoff and I a Ranch Burger for the first night, fries served in a mini fryer, very novel but also tasted good. Burger by the way was good and I am told that the BS was also excellent. Evening two deep fried tiger prawns with a choice of dips for G, we have had these before, they are good with vegetables being served again in batter. I went for the fillet steak, choice Scottish beef from Falkirk it was good,in fact very good. On all visits we have only managed a couple of courses at most, a very good appetite would be required to take three. Oh they also serve a complimentary bread course as a starter.
For a hotel restaurant it is perhaps a trifle expensive, not a lot of atmosphere but if you are visiting during the hours of daylight the views over Loch Lomond are stunning.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Visited here as an extended celebration of our engagement for an evening meal. Staff were excellent and went out of there way to make us feel comfortable, and even congratulated us after hearing us talking.
The food was nothing short of amazing, and the portions were huge. We didn't even manage pudding! Our steaks were cooked to perfection, with the only complaint being I had asked for them not to put tomato on my plate and they did.
All in all, we paid just under £60 for 2 starters, 2 fillet steaks, 3 cocktails and a large glass of wine, which we found incredibly reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take a trip here for lunch after being away on holiday in the highlands and this was on route back. We just wanted something quick and light to eat. We opted for the baked potatoes which were £7.95 each not exactly cheap!!! My husband opted for the haggis filling and I opted for the cheese. The potatoes came and were put down to us. As I looked at mine the first thing I noticed was the grated processed cheese, the tasteless rubbery kind you get in a pack, not the standard I would have thought for this establishment and definitely not the cheap filling for such an expensive potato. To my disgust when I cut into it here staring me in the face was a big black hair which was most definitely not mine!!!! My husband called over one of the waitresses and explained what had happened. She said oh right would you like another one? I felt like saying no the hair adds to the taste but I thought better and said yes I would think so. The waitress brought a replacement but I was at this time really put off with the whole thing. The restaurant manager came over to ask was everything ok? I said no it isn't actually as I found a hair in my potato. He said I take it you got another one? I said yes and he said that's good and walked away. Not really the response I would expect. I can say that I will think twice about eating here again!!!!!

Stayed March 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went here for my mums 50th birthday. And was great. Food is delicious and has a nice we seating area outside for you to relax and take in the "nice weather" ( if only it was nice when we were there) the hotel itself is nothing special . Dont get me wrong its clean and fresh and i would definetly recommend it.breakfast the next moring did not disappoint either. It was in the pleanty full.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Duck Bay Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!