Isle of Lewis
3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Doctorfat...
“Beautiful cottage in an average regeon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

I have stayed with 2 of my friends in the Abhainn cottage in the first 3 days of June. I can say that the cottage was nice with all facilities. 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, one of them is very large and contains both sauna and jaccuzi. The cottage was nice but the area itself was boring and not nice. No much things to do, even walking outside is boring. Isle of Lewis in my openion is a place which is overrated and i wouldnt go back again

5 of 5 stars Value 3 of 5 stars Location
5 of 5 stars Service
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
NMRPerth
Perth
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

Just back from Abhainn Cottage, it is everything the other reviews describe and more. We loved every minute of our stay. The cottage is immaculate, beds are comfortable, towels fluffy and plentiful. The view from bedrooms, sitting room and deck are ever changing and beautiful. Would happily stay there forever.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: having to leave
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Nicola K
Derby, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Perfect Week x”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

From the moment we enetered Scotland to the Monment we arrived back in England, I loved every minute! Even the ferry crossing to Tarbert, Harris was perfect - even though the Finlaggan was late! The cottage is a 50 minute drive from Tarbert and the owner's sister, was on our ferry so we were lucky enough to have her to follow to the cottage (even though I don't think we would have had a problem finding it) The Cottage was warm, welcoming and totally idyllic - we were given a tray of freshly baked cakes and biscuits (thankyou!) .
The jacuzzi bath was to die for, the beds hugely comfortable and full sky tv package a bonus - we have never had this on our previous trips to Scotland so felt spoilt! Brilliant wifi signal too. We had a never ending supply of clean fluffy towels and my Husband and I got dressing gowns too laid on our bed smartly wrapped in ribbons! The scenery from the upstairs bedroom window and the patio was gorgeous - we did use the pation even though it was the first week of April and we saw some stunning sunsets. The cottage is set in a perfect location for day trips out - we visited Harris, Uig (including the distillery) Butt of Lewis Lighthouse, Stornoway and I would just like to mention the Doune Broch (in Carloway) this is quite amazing and if you are travelling with young children - it is well worth an hour or so to see - our children loved it and the lady in the infomation shop bit is a total star, who thrilled our daughter with tales of the Broch!
We have visited a lot of Scotland, but Lewis and Harris are stunning and it was made more special by Abhainn Cottage, thank you so much David for letting us enjoy it and also thank you for time in responding to my emails and for all your help, please pass on my tahnks to your sister, who was a star. I can and will thoroughly recommend your beautiful cottage :) We shall be back!!

Liked best: 1) Breathtaking scenery 2) Jacuzzi Bath
Liked least: When I nearly ran out of wine!
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
BcosIcan
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“I have to go back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

The photographs on the website are great and sometimes this can set you up for disappointment but not with Abhainn cottage. The owners attention to detail is wonderful, everything from the pictures on the wall to the quality of bed linen let you know this is a special place to stay. It really is a luxurious home, and that’s how you feel when your there, at home. The owner had a warm welcome (and some homemade cakes) waiting for us, after a long journey it was just what we needed. The cottage is in a great location for exploring, it’s close to a lot of the visitor attractions, and the beaches on the Hebrides have to be seen to be believed. I love the Hebrides and cannot recommend this cottage highly enough as a base to explore and enjoy what the islands have to offer. I'll be back at the cottage later in the year what more recommendation would you need.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Everything about the cottage
Liked least: I had to go home at the end of the week
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
HeavyMeta...
Hamilton, Scotland
“The Perfect Holiday House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Abhainn's location - roughly equidistant from the town of Stornoway and the golden beaches of Uig - was perfect for me, as it allowed quick access to those two locations. The cottage is immaculate, containing everything one could want in a home away from home. I enjoyed the power shower and the sauna at night after days wandering the wilderness with my camera. Callanish standing stones are just over a mile away: another selling point of Abhainn. The cottage has a reliable wi-fi connection, so it's possible to keep in contact with the outside world while enjoying time far away from it. For me, one thing more than any other provides testament to the cottage's comfort: I didn't want to leave.

Liked best: Everything.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
4 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Cullercoats
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Listed since : Apr 2011
Response Rate: 75 %
Response Time: Within two days
Calendar Updated: 53 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing