Stayed here for one night on business on the 16th June. The room was fine. Bathroom very clean and bed comfortable however I was kept awake for much large parts of the night by the noise coming from the interconnecting room. I notice this has been mentioned a lot here and I strongly advise that management stop placing people in these rooms unless they are going to use the connecting facility. It was indeed as if the other people, some children chatting in French were just a few feet away. Hardly a crime but given that there is not a standard wall it becomes a problem.
My other complaint which was "listened " to on my departure was that expotel booked me on a dinner b&b rate. The reception staff on arrival were very polite however there was no restaurant facility available last night. Instead I was told that I could go to Frankie and Benny's or select from a reduced menu. Being alone, I didn't want to sit in F&B alone so I chose the in house menu. I could choose a panini, nachos or a Chicago Town pizza. This is not acceptable and I look forward to hearing the justification from management as to how you can price a supermarket pizza, blatantly described as that at £12.50?!!! They are currently in the supermarket at £3. My local Italian which serves log fired pizza charges 9.95 in the centre of Edinburgh! This is outrageous and is simply designed to rip customers off at a 400%+ mark up. The nachos I had we're equally ridiculous at 6.50 . Totally dry and served with ice cold salsa and meagre amount of cheese.
Starving from this experience, I went down for the included continental breakfast as I was told that this was what was included. the continental selection consisted of 4 individual yogurts toast and cereal. Perhaps more was added later but that's all that I could see.
If you are a business traveller and require dinner I would strongly advise to go somewhere else. I noticed the restaurant is advertised on the website but this appears to just be a false way of securing revenue unless they refund expotel for the dreadful microwaved rubbish I was offered at massively inflated prices. Yes you are close to other options however I was tied to eat here due to the expotel rate. I would advise all business travellers to reconsider booking here at dbb.
I will avoid in future and aim for one of the chains that can offer better facilities. Also no wifi in the rooms. I found that strange given how modern the hotel was.
The staff at reception listened to what I had to say and said thank you for my feed back. I look forward to hearing some kind of explanation for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With FREE WiFi throughout whole hotel and completely non smoking, the Holiday Inn Express Hamilton, has a tremendously convenient location and is ideal for both business and leisure guests alike. The inclusive Breakfast is a Continental breakfast with some hot items makes good value even better! The hotel is located in Hamilton town centre, and has free parking available adjacent to the hotel, as well as offering a selection of attractions within walking distance of the hotel, and is only two minutes drive to the M74 and M8 with Scotland's great cities within easy reach. Glasgow is only 20 minutes away, Edinburgh 50 minutes and Stirling an hour. Holiday Inn Express Hamilton is near Glasgow and is handily positioned for Hamilton International Technology Park as well as Strathclyde Business Park. If you are looking for some leisure activities, then we are only minutes away from Strathclyde Country Park. The hotel is well located for Scotland s three international airports: Glasgow, Prestwick and Edinburgh. Glasgow is only 23 miles away on the motorways and Prestwick can be reached in about 45 minutes, while Edinburgh is approximately 50 minutes. In the hotel we have a fantastic, bright, spacious Great Room which offers you a chance to relax, chill out, use the Wifi, have a drink from the bar, or even just meet up with some colleagues. If you wish a private meeting, we have a selection of three meeting rooms all with floor to ceiling windows and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hamilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton Hotel Hamilton
- Holiday Inn Hamilton
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton Scotland