“great food at a good price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Lanarkshire
“great food at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We booked through 5pm for a pre theater meal the menu was first class, the service the food and the price was first class,we booked a table for four and all 4 of us enjoyed the meal.On arrival we all received a glass of wine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Hamilton, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We are delighted that we have yet another happy guest on the 5pm deal. It is a very popular offer and we alternate our menus to provide new and exciting options for those frequent 5pm diners.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Glasgow
“Nice surroundings, great service, with good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute booking and we managed to get a table. There was a good atmosphere from the minute we arrived a busy restaurant is always a good sign. Our waitress interacted well and asked if it was a special occasion (which it was)

We ordered chicken liver pâté and the smoked salmon starters, portion size was good, both had nice flavour & were well presented.

For our main course my wife ordered the boccochini mozzarella salad which she had ordered on a previous visit, and really liked the warm asparagus served with the salad. I opted for the sea bass with king scallops, the fish was seasoned & cooked perfectly the dish had flavour throughout.

Overall a fantastic dining experience and i would return in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Hamilton, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Andiamo Hamilton.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our staff and we are delighted they helped make your special occasion even more special, along with the delicious food of course.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“a bit overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went to Andiamos earlier this month with my wife. We had a £50 voucher which was a Xmas present from my daughters. Because of this we decided to push the boat out a bit.

We arrived early as the pub we were in beforehand were having a going away party and we had to leave. They let us in and led us to our table. Although there is a bar, there is no facility to sit and have a drink while you are waiting for your table. First impressions were that is a very impressive building. The decor is nice and there was a good atmosphere. The staff are friendly and attentive.

I had bruschetta for starter. It was a large portion. However, the tomatoes were not the ripest and the bread was soggy. My wife had mushrooms coated in breadcrumbs which were pretty average at best. Not a great start!

We asked if we could have plenty of time before the main course. We were asked what 10 to 15 minutes? Do they normally bring the mains out right after the starter? What's the rush, we had booked a table and were early!! We asked for 1/2 an hour and our mains were brought out almost to the second 1/2 an hour later. My wife went for the steak with a pepper sauce. The meat was not the best quality considering the price and the sauce was pre made and not fresh. I went for one of the specials, monkfish, scallops and king prawn and give credit where credit is due it was superb, beautifully cooked and fresh, without doubt the highlight of the evening!

We also had prosecco, red and white wine, espresso and liqueurs and all were good.

In summary, we were disappointed. The prices do not reflect the quality, seafood aside.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Hamilton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Firstly, I am delighted that you enjoyed the seafood special, it certainly is one of our most popular dishes when it's on the menu.

I am sorry that some aspects of your meal were displeasing to yourself, however, I can assure you that it is not our usual standard to serve unripened tomatoes in our Bruschetta, as one of our best sellers we have certainly never had this complaint before. The bread is rubbed with olive oil and garlic and with the juices from the Bruschetta mix, this can be absorbed into the bread making it slightly moist. Did you bring this to the attention of your waiter? We would have been only too happy to amend your dish if you were not enjoying it. I am sorry your wife did not enjoy her mushrooms, these are freshly made in house and individually breaded. Once again if you had alerted your server we would have been only too happy to change your dish. Your comments have been taken on board and passed to our kitchen team.

Our Beef is 100% Scotch and our peppercorn sauce is made to order. Once again we have taken your comments on board and passed to our kitchen team. Again if you had made your server aware, they would certainly have been able to sort out any issues there and then.

Nevertheless thank you for your comments and I will be keeping a close eye on all produce to ensure our high quality standards are always maintained.

I hope you choose to return and give us a second try whereby I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Been here a few times but the was the worst experience. Lovely building, good service but poor over priced food.
The pasta starter was nice but sauce was bland. Main course was fillet steak Italiano. Definitely not fillet and sauce tasted like sauce in starter . Over priced for what it was.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Hamilton, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Andiamo Hamilton.

Firstly as you have mentioned you have dined with us a few times, I can only presume that you enjoyed your visits enough to return, and I am sorry that on the particular visit in question you were disappointed. As you are a return guest, you will be aware that this is certainly not our usual standard however your review is quite vague and doesn't perhaps merit the term "worst experience".

Without knowing which pasta starter you opted for, I must assume that it was a tomato based sauce which I agree would be very similar to your main course choice of Filetto Italiano, it is unfortunate that you opted for two similar tasting dishes.

I can assure you however, that we only use 100% fillet of beef for this dish, beef which we source locally to ensure that freshness and quality is maintained.

I have passed on your comments to our staff and have advised that perhaps it may be appropriate to highlight when a customer orders similar tasting dishes to avoid the aforementioned disappointment.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Bland food - disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

First visit to Andiamo's in 5 years and I was disappointed that the food was still quite bland and tasteless - no authentic Italian taste to any of my meal choices. I ordered the chicken liver pate with carmelised onions and it had no taste, a few from the table also tried it and were disappointed at lack of flavour. I then had the Linguine Gamberone and Calamari as a main and again it was really bland, it was missing something, the only flavour I got was from a jalapeño on the plate. I feel Andiamo's is still rather overpriced for what it actually offers after all these years. The surroundings and decor are lovely and staff friendly however we did have to wait approx 15 minutes each time we wanted drinks, our waitress wasn't very observant when our drinks were running low. Our table had a pleasant time but no one overwhelmed by any of their meals. Disappointed and unlikely to return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Hamilton, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your meal, this is not our usual standard as you can see from other Trip Advisor reviews. Nevertheless I hope you can appreciate that occasionally we may get it wrong and I urge you to contact me on info@andiamo-restaurants.com to discuss this further.

Giancarlo Celino