“Average in every way.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Average in every way.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

After all the hype when this place opened, my boyfriend and I decided to give it a go since it was local to him. I was expecting great things and to say I was disappointed would be correct. I just don't get what all the fuss is about. I understand that it's a small restaurant and so the buffet area has to be small, but the whole point of a buffet is a wide choice, allowing you to try a wee bit of everything. There were 4 curries ranging in spicy-ness, but spice is nothing without flavour. I just felt they were rather bland. We recently decided to give their takeaway a go, like others, I'm sure, tempted by the buy-one-get-one-free option. But, alas, I was disappointed yet again! It was nothing special. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but it didn't live up to the standard of "best Indian in Scotland - guaranteed". I've had better curries from my local takeaway and also from the Ashoka restaurants in Glasgow. If you want a fantastic Indian meal, that's where to go.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Brilliant food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food. We decided to have the buffet option to allow the kids to try different foods. The food was not oily how a lot of other indian food is. Real sauces, real meat and generally yummy! The only downfalls were lack of space to move about in the restaurant and also the buffet did not offer a selection of starters or dessert which was quite disapointing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Indian food at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Delicious fresh food , quick friendly service , spotless & presentable restaurant . Restaurant food is as good as home delivered

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“AMAZING! Best Indian food I have ever tasted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I are regular customers of Mushtaqs, visiting every week, sometimes a few times a week. We have tried other Indian restaurants in the area but nothing could compare to the food and service at Mushtaqs. We usually opt for a take away and enjoy waiting on our food in the friendly atmosphere of the restaurant and even when it is busy the service doesn't slip and you are always greeted by a friendly welcome with the staff making the effort to greet you even is they are busy doing other tasks. The food never fails to satisfy my family and I and I would recommend it to anyone. I have also eaten in the restaurant with my family and it offers the choice or mix of buffet and a la carte which suits our fussy family. The restaurant has a clean and fresh decor. The window front lets keeps the restaurant light and open which I appreciate as I dislike when restaurants feel stuffy and small.
I will definitely continue returning and I would recommend the same to everyone!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best indian in Scotland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Its like being in India.

Food is fresh, vibrant and full of flavour.

Prices are reasonable and you are made to feel at home.

Would def say this is the best in Scotland.

• Visited April 2013